Hello!

Random discussions belong here.

Hello!

Postby Stickid » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:37 am

Hey everyone! Wasn't sure where to put this, I figured spam was best :P

Sorry I've been away for so long, alot of stuff has been happening in my life, I've moved a few times but am now settled back in California. To be honest I haven't really been visiting the forum at all, I don't have much of an excuse other than I've basically just drifted away.

Anyways, for anyone who may be curious what's been happening, a while ago I posted that I've been doing some freelance work and finally landed a big contract for making Photoshop Tutorials. So for the past few months I've been writing, editing, and recording my voice for videos for a tutorial company in India. So far I'm making two courses with them, Beginner's Photoshop and Advanced Photoshop.

I just finished the Photoshop Beginner's course and now it's up on their website : http://goo.gl/6edDK3
The course is over 8 hours long and I think it's all free at the moment, all you have to do is register and click enroll in the course.

I'm not super proud of the whole thing, it's just been to pay the bills. I've never made tutorials before this, so I've pretty much been winging it the whole time. The company has been great to me but they never offer criticism or feedback, they just ask for more videos and move on. In the beginning they gave me a list of things they want to be taught, and I've done the rest. Honestly most of this stuff can be found with a couple youtube searches.

Anyways, if you feel like listening to me ramble about photoshop for over 8 hours, give it a go ;)
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Re: Hello!

Postby Yogurt » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:08 am

man fuck this austin looking guy

hold me tight
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Juke » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:24 am

I'm currently doing some photoshop work in my college course as one of my modules, I'll probably take a look at these Austin and get ahead of the class ;)
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Gary » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:22 am

i missed you Austin
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby SIFTER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:56 am

You've geniuinely got me excited for you, man. I'm both happy that you've come back and you've got yourself this opportunity. Surely enough, I'm a noob (god i haven't used this word for a decade lol) at Photoshop and this will definitely help me out. 8 hours? Then so be it

Ah yes, and

Trying to get with indians and their English, I see
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Stickid » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 am

Yogurt wrote:hold me tight
I still hear the echoes of you clicking nonstop...

Juke wrote:I'm currently doing some photoshop work in my college course as one of my modules, I'll probably take a look at these Austin and get ahead of the class ;)
Best of luck to you, my college experience with Photoshop was a mess. But yeah feel free to check my tutorials out!

Girbot wrote:i missed you Austin
<3

Sifter wrote:Image
Trying to get with indians and their English, I see
Yeah, I think they may be a little more concerned with quantity rather than quality. They must've edited in all those graphics in the intro video, because mine just had an image on photoshop. And yeah, 8 hours, I try to keep the videos really slow because most other tutorials just go too fast for people actually trying to learn.
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Mat » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:09 pm

I miss movie talk with you
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Caleb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

so whens next demoncast
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby SIFTER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:47 pm

I don't think much has happened since the last one, if I reckon correctly.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Krustalien » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Hey dude. Remember that one time I thought the Mexicans killed you? Hah great times. Your voice suits tutorials and things well, although did I hear you say "Matthew Brown"?

Imposter where's the REAL STICKID HUH
KrustalienOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Shad Shadson » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Whoa dank it's Stickid.

What's up Austin? Great to hear shit's going well I guess; you didn't sound the best last I heart from ya but I don't remember yesterday let alone back then so I have no idea if I even remember it properly. Eraserhead was cool though.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Stickid » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Mad Cunt wrote:I miss movie talk with you
aww me too :,(

Caleb wrote:so whens next demoncast
Shhhh let it dieee...

Krustalien wrote:Your voice suits tutorials and things well, although did I hear you say "Matthew Brown"?
Yeah haha Matthew is my legal name, Austin is technically just a nickname but it's what I use for my day-to-day.

Shad Shadson wrote:you didn't sound the best last I heart from ya
Sounds accurate yeah, I sort of lost control over my life for a while so I guess I felt pretty helpless. I'm back in the States now with my own place so things are looking up so far. We need to watch more Lynch films for sure ;)
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Daniël » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:48 am

Hey Stickid, it's good to see you're doing fine.

You just entered a sinking ship though, so enjoy it while it lasts.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby The Black Mamba » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Austin!! Glad to hear you've found some work man. Last time I talked to you, you were in mexico. One hell of a transition lol.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby lordkazari » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:41 pm

nice (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool (scool
lordkazariOffline
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything