toonz going open source marcg 26th

Random discussions belong here.

toonz going open source marcg 26th

Postby _Chris » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:47 am

Soo I've been pretty busy last months so no time for pivot, but I figured this piece of information should make to dark demon as well.

Its been all over the animation news sites but in case you haven't heard: Toonz is going open source by March 26th.
Toonz is the software being used by studio ghibli and the futurama creators. Feature wise it compares with toon Boom...
So basically if you ever wanted to try a professional 2d Animation software you'll soon get the chance to do so ;)

full article here
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tech/toonz-s ... 38111.html
_ChrisOffline
Active
Active

Re: toonz going open source marcg 26th

Postby Raymond » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:29 am

I saw this on reddit the other day. I'm really looking forward to testing it out and getting a feel for what a professional animator used. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a simple program and most of their creations came from sheer skill and effort, especially if they are giving out the program for free. But still it will be a cool learning experience and something to use other than pivot and flash.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: toonz going open source marcg 26th

Postby Jojishi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this too. I don't know if I'll use it much but it's great that the option's there. I say I'm not sure because I have actually used Toon Boom before as a student (Toonz is similar apparently) and I didn't like the interface as much as Flash, but it's probably just because I'm not used to it. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to being able to use something that's industry standard in such highly regarded studios. It's good for everyone. Looking forward to March 26th to play around with this.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything