drugs discussion

Random discussions belong here.

Re: drugs discussion

Postby MCToast » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 am

You're an idiot if you believe all that anti-drug propaganda.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Stickid » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 am

never tried any drugs but i've dipped into my roommate's oxycontin

i had been drinking and decided to sneak into his med cabinet, at first i took two pills and just felt sort of loose. after about 15 minutes i took another two and things got uncomfortable. i felt really light headed and it was getting worse as time went by, eventually i went for a walk to help shake it off

it was like midnight when i left the house and i didn't come back till nearly four in the morning, i guess i walked something like 10 miles. it was a pretty weird night

that's my only experience with drugs really, it was interesting but i mostly just felt nauseous and afraid to go to sleep
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Phewz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:52 am

i ate a weed once
^ art thread, updated 18/01 ^
fasbook page | picfarto | dumblr | twatter
PhewzOffline
ヽ(’ ▽’ )ノ
Retired

Postby Lord » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:25 am

There's loads of weeds growing in the field next to me... wait, which weeds are we talking about here? :)

But no, never took drugs, never will. I hate the idea of them, well, if it's for a medical reason then that's understandable.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Skype » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:51 am

Stickid wrote:never tried any drugs but i've dipped into my roommate's oxycontin

i had been drinking and decided to sneak into his med cabinet, at first i took two pills and just felt sort of loose. after about 15 minutes i took another two and things got uncomfortable. i felt really light headed and it was getting worse as time went by, eventually i went for a walk to help shake it off

it was like midnight when i left the house and i didn't come back till nearly four in the morning, i guess i walked something like 10 miles. it was a pretty weird night

that's my only experience with drugs really, it was interesting but i mostly just felt nauseous and afraid to go to sleep

You're very lucky you're not dead. Codeine (or any depressant for that matter) mixed with alcohol is the easiest way to give yourself respiratory arrest. Try taking some more without alcohol and you'll have a much better time. Painkillers are really dangerous but so good- and I'm jealous of how easy it is to get Oxy in the states. Doctors don't like prescribing it over here so it's scarce.

SuperNoob wrote:
Mat wrote:Maybe elaborate so it's actually a topic for discussion? Why you don't do them? Did you know someone that had a bad experience with them? I don't do drugs anymore either but I contributed to the discussion by giving my reasons behind it.

The reason I choose not to use drugs is because drugs aren’t going to get me anywhere but on the streets shooting up drugs in an old building losing my mind everyday just praying that I can stop when I can’t needing someone to save me from this misery I put myself in. Most people don’t realize but drugs have big effects on people’s mind and body. Most people ignore the things drugs can do to you and some people think it "won't effect" them. Drugs can do a lot to your body. It can give you lung cancer, make you lose your apatite, give you dilated pupils, and give you insomnia. -sniop-

There you go.

I use quite a few illicit substances and I'm not on the streets. I've had some mind blowing experiences and some great nights out with friends. I'm not saying that you should do them but blindly believing what you're told by society is not how you should make up your mind. Drug users will tell you they're great and non-users will tell you it's the devils work. I'm alive, healthy and in full time work.

I like to look at it more as experimentation. Pushing the limits and see what I can get out of myself. It changes the way you think and for me I think that was a good thing. That and music sounds great on amphetamines.

Yogurt wrote:stop posting with that small bold font please, it looks autistic

He can post in whatever format he likes.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Daniël » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:42 am

Stickid wrote:never tried any drugs but i've dipped into my roommate's oxycontin

I know you had been drinking, etc, but it seems awfully stupid of you to just take 4 pills of something you haven't done before in such a short timeframe. Especially when mixed with alcohol...

Glad you're okay though, don't ever do this shit again. :'(
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Axon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:03 pm

SuperNoob wrote:
Mat wrote:Maybe elaborate so it's actually a topic for discussion? Why you don't do them? Did you know someone that had a bad experience with them? I don't do drugs anymore either but I contributed to the discussion by giving my reasons behind it.

The reason I choose not to use drugs is because drugs aren’t going to get me anywhere but on the streets shooting up drugs in an old building losing my mind everyday just praying that I can stop when I can’t needing someone to save me from this misery I put myself in. Most people don’t realize but drugs have big effects on people’s mind and body. Most people ignore the things drugs can do to you and some people think it "won't effect" them. Drugs can do a lot to your body. It can give you lung cancer, make you lose your apatite, give you dilated pupils, and give you insomnia. Criminal convictions are also recorded for drug offenses, which can affect your life in many ways. Even occasional or experimental drug use can be dangerous, since drugs can have unexpected adverse health effects even with one use; and drugs affect your ability to exert good judgment--making it more likely that you might engage in risky behaviors that can have serious consequences, such as driving while intoxicated. Prolonged drug abuse can cause all sorts of medical problems--like lung cancer, heart disease, liver disease, and addiction. When someone is addicted to drugs, they become the most important thing in that person's life, causing them major problems at school, home, and work. We know from scientific research that the earlier you start using drugs, the more likely you are to become addicted and suffer serious social and medical consequences. The reasons for this are complex--first, drugs affect the brain, and the brain is still developing until early adulthood. So, it's possible for drugs to alter the normal developmental pattern--research is still ongoing to help us figure this out. Second, people who use drugs when they are very young often have other problems that led to their drug use in the first place. For example, they may have difficult family situations or problems with depression or anxiety, etc. and attempt to use drugs to help them cope. Unfortunately, drug abuse just makes things worse in the long run, and doesn't address the problems that led to its use. Third, using drugs can interfere with success in school, in sports, and in relationships with friends and family, further creating problems down the road.

There you go.

ok well you give the impression of somebody who has maybe attended a high school assembly on why not to do drugs and just formed your entire outlook on them from that
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby tuna » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Axon wrote:ok well you give the impression of somebody who has maybe attended a high school assembly on why not to do drugs and just formed your entire outlook on them from that

Pretty much this.
You've only been presented with one side of an argument. And while I agree that this is sometimes the case, that's only with harder drugs.
Things like weed, if you actually research it from reliable sources, has almost none of these things.
If you look at the people on this forum who have taken/take drugs (except Wrabies because he really needs to lay off it a bit) are not 'on the streets shooting up drugs in an old building'
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Yogurt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Skype wrote:
Yogurt wrote:stop posting with that small bold font please, it looks autistic

He can post in whatever format he likes.

skype please
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Lord » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Tuna wrote:
Axon wrote:ok well you give the impression of somebody who has maybe attended a high school assembly on why not to do drugs and just formed your entire outlook on them from that

Pretty much this.
You've only been presented with one side of an argument. And while I agree that this is sometimes the case, that's only with harder drugs.
Things like weed, if you actually research it from reliable sources, has almost none of these things.
If you look at the people on this forum who have taken/take drugs (except Wrabies because he really needs to lay off it a bit) are not 'on the streets shooting up drugs in an old building'

Probably true, but some people (like me) just don't want to send out the wrong message. It's kind of a way we don't want to be seen. Some people don't like the idea of somene whispering into their friends ear "He does drugs you know".
I'm probably phrasing this terribly but I'm just trying to get my point across.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Alca » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Tuna wrote:

Pretty much this.

Looks like he copied and pasted it straight from some bullshit government propaganda leaflet.

Zero people have been killed due to marijuana in the entire recorded history of the planet. It's also important to note how alcohol and tobacco cause just as much damage, yet those seem perfectly acceptable. People should be free to live how they want, the government has no business meddling in how people choose to spend their time.

As for me, I've never taken drugs. I appreciate why people might take them though. I don't really have the money to be buying drugs and they've never really appealed that much to me. Though I have absolutely no problem if other people use them.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Stickid » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Skype wrote:You're very lucky you're not dead. Codeine (or any depressant for that matter) mixed with alcohol is the easiest way to give yourself respiratory arrest.

damn i thought i might get sick but i didn't know it could've been that bad. i'll be more informed before trying anything again
thanks for the concern guys, i'm doing okay :)
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Mat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Skype wrote:Codeine (or any depressant for that matter) mixed with alcohol is the easiest way to give yourself respiratory arrest.

The actual substance is Oxycodone for Oxycontin, not that it really matters since it it still has the same risks, just thought I'd needlessly clear that up.

Also, yes, painkillers are a lot of fun, unfortunately too much fun for me. I loved opioids so much I was about to shoot heroin if I hadn't overdosed on Ativan(a CNS depressant) the day before. I don't want this to discourage others from trying oxycodone, hydrocodone, or codeine if they are curious. I just happen to be predisposed to addiction through my genetics and therefore cannot use any substance in moderation.
Last edited by Mat on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Lukas » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:13 pm

SuperNoob wrote:The reason I choose not to use drugs is because drugs aren’t going to get me anywhere but on the streets shooting up drugs in an old building losing my mind everyday just praying that I can stop when I can’t needing someone to save me from this misery I put myself in

pfhhahaha lul
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby SuperNoob » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Sounds corny, doesn't it.

I am the type of person that likes to play everything safe. I am not much of a risk taker, there is no in between for me, there are only two sides: good or bad. if something is bad for me I simply do not do/take it.
SuperNoobOffline
Banned Animator
Banned Animator

PreviousNext

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything