First Thumbnail

Signatures, avatars, renders, brushes etc.

First Thumbnail

Postby Rez-gen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Well, I was trying to make a thumbnail so I made this. Any CNC? Tell me what to add also please. Image -NEW - Image Minecraft Weapons (scool
Last edited by Rez-gen on Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rez-genOffline

Re: First Thumbnail

Postby Kev » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 am

uh... you don't "try to make" a thumbnail. you just crop/resize it.

that being said i have no idea what its supposed to be so idk. it looks ok i guess?
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Rez-gen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 am

Supposed to be a wasteland. Anything I could add?
Rez-genOffline

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:26 am

It's pretty basic- I mean what do you actually want us to tell you? It's just a green sky with what appears to be unrealistically jagged rocks and what I presume to be a cloud?

There's quite a bit you could add. Perhaps studying actual barren locations such as deserts or quarantined areas (Chernobyl) to get inspiration for real wasteland elements. Put a bit more effort into even the basic components like the sky and floor. Maybe add dust/debris particles floating around and make the ground more interesting by layering it; a foreground with smaller rocks, all the way to a distant silhouette (like what you have now) with larger formations.

As for the cloud, if that's what it is, the shading effect looks very low quality and it looks like it's been slapped on for the sake of it. Maybe check out a tutorial or two on how to create better looking clouds (I know there are loads out there).

Right now there's not a whole lot to say about it. It doesn't look like you've put much time or effort into it, so I suggest you work on the concept a bit more before asking for constructive criticism.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Kev » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 pm

^also maybe don't use a bright green because I totally thought it was a forest or someshit
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:23 pm

You could argue a cartoony radioactive wasteland but yes a less vibrant green would be easier on the eyes.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Try making things a bit more straight-lined and not as round as I am seeing on this for the city, also a bit more cutting for the clouds and add a few more perhaps, the shading on the clouds should be a little lighter, maybe add some more fume colours on the head of the city, more blue for the sky too, also I see a glow right in the middle.. I feel as though it should be moved to another part on the frame
GageOffline
VIP

Return to Photoshop / Rendering