I drew a friend of mine.

Drawn art, concept, photography.

I drew a friend of mine.

Postby Blademaster » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Some Drawings I did. I mostly draw everything just randomly out of my mind with no real goal. I just end up somewhere.

Recent

Drawing of a friend.
note: This is a friend of mine. He is 18 years old and already was on the mans physique in germany. A good guy.
this is his facebook site.

Older stuff. Lost all these files because my notebook broke. luckily uploaded them on deviantart.

Sketchy girl
Note: its my actual first drawing in photoshop. I really did take a lot of time to start drawing because I have still no idea how that program actually works. I guess it will take some time until I am able to use the layers properly and draw with more detail and color.

a girl
Note: I think I fucked up her left shoulder.

Riven
Notes: I fucked up the coloring so much.

Some tatooed guy

some random charakter idea
Last edited by Blademaster on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: Drawings.

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Sexy
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Jojishi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 pm

I think you've got a good style going on. With the newest one the shoulder does look a little strange like you said. The line next to the singlet is angled down too much. If it had more of a 45 degree angle it would make the shoulder look a lot better I think.

I don't understand the pink thong looking thing. Is her pubic area supposed to hang over the armour? It cuts way too high up into her legs for that to look right. If it's meant to be a pouch of some sort it would look better if the pouch was next to her hip. If it's actually meant to be a thong then it would look best going under the armour in my opinion.

The skin colour could probably be desaturated a little because right now it doesn't look that natural. The high level of saturation on the skin clashes with the clothes which look more desaturated (mainly the gloves).

The anatomy on your drawings looks pretty good to me and I think you've got a great style going for you. Hope my advice helps. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Blademaster » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:31 am

Thanks man I appreciate it. I am sure it helps a lot. I still got quite a alot to learn on coloring. Its my first actual success and it took me a while.
And yes I fucked up on drawing that the pinky thing under the armor.
I agree to your advices. I'll try to do more and improve them.
Glad you like my drawing style
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: A sketchy drawing

Postby Blademaster » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:00 am

one more drawing added
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Four » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:02 am

That's looking great man.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Pretty good, but the line work is pretty dirty, and the colors are odd.
Nevertheless, great design.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby socks » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:21 pm

No offense, but with the sketchy drawing, I realized how bad the coloring was on the other ones. But that also means i realized how good everything else was. (thumbsup
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Blademaster » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Stripes wrote:No offense, but with the sketchy drawing, I realized how bad the coloring was on the other ones. But that also means i realized how good everything else was. (thumbsup

I agree haha. I realised that, too, when I see what I am able to draw.
I still got much to learn
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Jojishi » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:27 am

I like the pose in the newest one a lot. It shows a great deal of weight and the contrasting leg positions add quite a lot of a dynamic look in the drawing. It's much more interesting as well. The drawing's sketchy, but it still looks nice and you're getting used to Photoshop so it's okay. Nice one man.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: I drew a friend of mine.

Postby Blademaster » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:09 am

added another one
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby SIFTER » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 am

I quite liked it. But you still need to work on your fundementals a bit more. For instance, the hands don't look very propotional. I can tell that you didn't draw enough hands to actually understand how do they work. How about you begin by a circle or an oval to define the overall size of the hand you're going for, then boxy shapes to get the propotions down, then you iron out the rest. From what I have noticed, the palm is one third of the forearm and the fingers are usually the same size as the palm. Oh, and in relation to the rest of the fingers, the pinky is usually the most stiff one and is actually placed a lot more far than the rest, just stretch your fingers and notice the distance between each finger. To DRAW the fingers, you can just draw each one's line of action (inb4 google it). The shading is also very messy. Perhaps you should work on that as well?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby MCToast » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:57 am

I think hand is more of a square.
Last edited by MCToast on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Blademaster » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:30 am

Sifter wrote:I quite liked it. But you still need to work on your fundementals a bit more. For instance, the hands don't look very propotional. I can tell that you didn't draw enough hands to actually understand how do they work. How about you begin by a circle or an oval to define the overall size of the hand you're going for, then boxy shapes to get the propotions down, then you iron out the rest. From what I have noticed, the palm is one third of the forearm and the fingers are usually the same size as the palm. Oh, and in relation to the rest of the fingers, the pinky is usually the most stiff one and is actually placed a lot more far than the rest, just stretch your fingers and notice the distance between each finger. To DRAW the fingers, you can just draw each one's line of action (inb4 google it). The shading is also very messy. Perhaps you should work on that as well?

Much to disagree. The shading is all fine cause i had the real photo right next to it. I know how to draw hands. Still thanks. To be honest, i can't take that critism any serious when I have your drawings in mind. Not meaning to offend you.

Yes mctoast, you draw a square not a circle because the square is better to use and you can show more depth. And if you look at your own hands you the they are more based on a square than a cirlce.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Four » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:38 am

Your friend is fucking buff.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Next

Return to Artwork / Photography