My Sketches- Hands and The Eye

Drawn art, concept, photography.

My Sketches- Hands and The Eye

Postby Juke » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Hey guys I just thought maybe I should share some sketches I do, I've never actually gotten feedback on my drawings before.
The camera does not do these sketches justice, a lot of the detail I've put work in to you can't actually see in these photo's they are blurred out in a way. Anyway, I hope you like them.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Re: My Sketches- Hands and The Eye

Postby Daniël » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:52 pm

You make some really nice drawings man, I really like those hands. They don't all seem to have the most realistic proportions, but they're very nice nonetheless. Especially the one on the bottom right has weird proportions to the point where it actually looks very appealing in a cartoonish Gorillaz-esque way.

The eye looked like an eye. Loads of eyes being drawn lately.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Lord » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:13 pm

I love those hands.
Well done on these. :D
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Senzo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Very impressive, man. I love the eye details and the hand poses. Personally, I think hands is the most difficult subject to draw as a hand has many shapes and so small details that you have to be careful with where you place them, but you nailed it.
SenzoOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Raymond » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Yea seriously dude you really did a great job on drawing those hands. Especially since they're all being viewed from a different perspective.

The eye has some pretty good detail on it. For some reason the part of the eye which usually contains the color (the Iris I believe it's called) looks slanted to me, like it tilts to the right a little. In my opinion that would look better straight up and down, but it could just be my way of looking at it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Four » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:19 am

These are really nice, especially the hands.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Phewz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:06 am

ayy, you're pretty good
that eye looks nice, nothing really to say there

The hands are p good but a couple of them look a bit shonky to me, particularly that middle one and bottom right one. The middle one to me looks like the palm becomes a lot wider at the fingers than it is at the wrist, which could just be either the camera quality or me misinterpreting the drawing entirely. The bottom right one is a bit more troublesome, primarily because of the thumb, the index finger, and the pinky finger. The thumb is a bit short and looks to be bending at a pretty weird angle, and the pinky finger looks like it's moving outwards away from the rest of the fingers. If you hold your hand out in that particular pose, you'll notice your fingers tend to bend in towards the palm at progressively more acute angles as you go along your fingers - your index finger bending in the least amount and your pinky bending in the most. I feel like the pinky finger should be bending in further instead of jutting out and the index finger should be a little more extended. This is all of course assuming that particular hand is meant to be in a resting pose. The other all look good though, defs keep going (thumbsup (thumbsup
^ art thread, updated 18/01 ^
fasbook page | picfarto | dumblr | twatter
PhewzOffline
ヽ(’ ▽’ )ノ
Retired

Return to Artwork / Photography