LordPivot's Art - Viola Eade (Chaos Walking)

Drawn art, concept, photography.

LordPivot's Art - Viola Eade (Chaos Walking)

Postby Lord » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:58 am

Okay, so I've decided to start doing a little bit of art. I was eager to do some concept artwork for this book trilogy by Patrick Ness called Chaos Walking. I suggest you read those, they're very good. :D

So, this character is Viola Eade, the female protagonist of the trilogy, she's just turned 13 by the beginning of the first book.
I drew it first, then scanned it to my laptop and added the colour in MS Paint. I feel some features aren't done clearly enough, but this is my first and I will improve. I wanted to use a marker to outline but I couldn't find any markers around smaller than a whiteboard marker. So I outlined it in black pen.
Does anyone think that the colours are too pale? I was thinking that when I was halfway through doing the colour.
Spoiler:
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: LordPivot's Art - Viola Eade (Chaos Walking)

Postby Franklin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Man, that's the series I'm reading right now. Awesome to see someone else that loves it.

I feel like the drawing could have overall been done better, though. The main problem is in the facial structure- you might want to look at female features a bit more, since right now it's pretty off.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Lord » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Feminist MatsCokeAddiction wrote:Man, that's the series I'm reading right now. Awesome to see someone else that loves it.

I feel like the drawing could have overall been done better, though. The main problem is in the facial structure- you might want to look at female features a bit more, since right now it's pretty off.

Thanks, I've just gotten started into this, hope to get better. ;)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Llama » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:33 pm

How do you scan stuff?

I'm being serious my printer was probably made in a factory where they produce synthetic autism it's so retardedly complicated and tedious to set up scan settings.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Lord » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:48 am

LlamaPIVOT wrote:How do you scan stuff?

I'm being serious my printer was probably made in a factory where they produce synthetic autism it's so retardedly complicated and tedious to set up scan settings.

Well, mine's a Deskjet, so you pretty much just lift the top up to find a glass sort of panel. You put the paper face down on the panel and go to your PC and scan it from the control panel.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Return to Artwork / Photography