Animu pit (Kano from mekakucity actors)

Drawn art, concept, photography.

Animu pit (Kano from mekakucity actors)

Postby Rimidalv » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Kanbara Akihito from kyoukai no kanata

full image http://rimidalvdd.deviantart.com/art/Going-digital-561700342
Last edited by Rimidalv on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Re: Going Digital

Postby Raymond » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:46 pm

I fixed it for you with the [tn] tags. I didn't know how small you wanted it, but if you want it smaller just lower the number where it says [tn=number]. I also threw it in a spoiler since the dimensions are kind of weird.

It looks cool. I can never figure out how to judge someone else's artwork. I mean to me it looks great! Way better than anything I can draw, the shading looks really well done in particular. The proportions on his jaw seem kind of weird, like his jaw is slightly too big. That could just be your way of viewing the person you were trying to draw though. Otherwise all it's missing are the feet, which you already know lol.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby SIFTER » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Probably the best part of the whole drawing are the folds in the jacket. The rest is ehhhhhhhhhh.... To be honest, I'm in no place to judge anyone's art yet, but if you do accept this cc, allow me to tell you this:

Generally, you suffer from stiffness and lack of understanding of general anatomy which clearly shows in the head. Its general form wasn't respected. Not sure if it's a style -which is highly doubtful- but it seems off to me.
The way I see it fit is something like this, maybe?
Spoiler:

I dunno lol
That added to how stiff the pose is. The gesture is so week it almost feels like a wooden stick. I mean you can pose pretty well in Pivot, so translating that into your drawings should be of some help. To help you get closer to the image ...
Spoiler:

Now just because of the pose alone, I can't tell what is he trying to do: Is he supposed to be resting on a wall or what? When someone tells you to let your figures tell the story for you, this is what's meant. To help creating a powerful gesture, always think of the movement of the spine and how would it pose in each situation.

Still, though, you sorta managed to finish an artwork which is what some people can't do. And the shading is kinda decent as you've respected a certain light source to a certain degree, so props to you for that (thumbsup
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Rimidalv » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:57 am

Until now all i've done is doodle on my notebooks and i didnt give a fuck about shading and all that. Then i bought a tablet (like half a month ago) and started practicing, i watched some tutorials on shading and stuff and practiced a bit, but other than that i dont know shit about art, i just like to draw. Also, thanks for the detailed cc, i'll try and make my poses more dynamic and fluid and stuff. Bout the anatomy, im still (kinda) learning how to do male/female figures. My goal is one day to be able do draw all the animu boys n girls!
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Re: Animu pit (Kano from mekakucity actors)

Postby XElite109 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:38 am

god damn he has a long ass arm looks pretty cool though
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Rimidalv » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:06 am

who is this anatomy, i dont know him
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Postby Rimidalv » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:19 pm

update yooooooo
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Postby SIFTER » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Wow, you've really improved. Kudos, mate! Anatomy's still off, but knowing your improvement rate you'll get it down in no time.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Return to Artwork / Photography