Ray's Art: Tony and Ali

Drawn art, concept, photography.

Re: Ray's Art: Logan

Postby Blademaster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:11 am

Hey, that's not too bad. I can see logan in this one. You kept it quite clean. Maybe you could get a little more into details, adding more wrinkels (idk if spelled right).
References help out a lot. You just gotta take your time.

You're making progress tho. Keep that up.^^
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: Ray's Art: Alisha

Postby Raymond » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks Blademaster. I made another for my friend and I got a couple more requests so I'll be updating this occasionally.

Alisha
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Ray's Art: Alisha

Postby Blademaster » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:16 pm

duh. well i like that it is clean.

But r.i.p. proportions. Might use some guidelines here.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: Ray's Art: Tony and Ali

Postby Raymond » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks again man. I made another and used a pose reference for this one. The proportions are still a little off though. This drawing thing is hard...

Tony and Ali
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Daniël » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:53 pm

You should try sketching more. All your drawings seem to have some pretty hard lines, this gives you very little space for correcting and adjusting. If you sketch your drawings more it allows you to adjust proportions on the spot.

Softer lines are also better for creating little wrinkles without having them stand out too much. I'd recommend you'd use a softer pencil like a 2B.

Anyway, keep it up. Don't stop until DD knows everyone you hang out with.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Outdated » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Daniël wrote:
Softer lines are also better for creating little wrinkles without having them stand out too much. I'd recommend you'd use a softer pencil like a 2B

You'd actually use an H pencil to get lighter lines. (H pencils)Harder = lighter / (B pencils)softer = darker when it comes to pencils.

The drawings are pretty good, it looks like you are drawing symbols of what you are seeing rather than drawing what you are actually seeing though. I don't know if you're drawing from life or memory though. If you're drawing from life try and capture what you're actually seeing rather than simplifying it into something you think resembles what you're seeing. I don't know it's hard to give advice when it comes to drawing, for all I know this could be a look that you're intentionally going for. Anyways, the best thing you can do is to just keep drawing man, keep it up.
a.k.a. talkingcd
OutdatedOffline
Bot
VIP

Previous

Return to Artwork / Photography