pewpew

Drawn art, concept, photography.

pewpew

Postby Blademaster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:28 am

yeah. Some stuff.

Lissfer, made in sai.

Black mage, FF9 inspired. It was a request by some guy at discord. He wanted to use it for his stream.

Ryu, Breath of fire 3
Spoiler:

Figure drawing with ref. I noticed that the torso is way too big.

Spoiler:

ref

Boxpeople.
Spoiler:

Cyborgsketch
Spoiler:

some comission... the guy suddenly vanished.
Spoiler:

some cybergirl
Spoiler:

anatomy studies.

Spoiler:
Figure drawing #2

ref
[spoiler]Image
[/spoiler]

Bigcanvas, didnt fill the whole thing :/
Spoiler:

torso
Spoiler:

feet/hand
Spoiler:
Last edited by Blademaster on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: some of my art.

Postby Clies » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Good stuff dude love the life drawing with ref and cyborgsketch, great anatomy.
CliesOffline
S.M.O.T.Y
S.M.O.T.Y

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Ooh nice stuff blade. I'd give the critique of some of the lines feel too calculated and stiff. The lady drawing doesn't have the same soft plush plush fattyness as the actual reference. But considering thats a realllllly hard pose, I don't blame you. I'd give you 5$ if you can maintain all that anatomy and do a realistic walk cycle at that angle lol.

E:
Spoiler:
Yeah, i tried my hand at it and its a hard motherfucking pose. I give up.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Blademaster » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:16 pm

ZucchiniJuice wrote:Ooh nice stuff blade. I'd give the critique of some of the lines feel too calculated and stiff. The lady drawing doesn't have the same soft plush plush fattyness as the actual reference. But considering thats a realllllly hard pose, I don't blame you. I'd give you 5$ if you can maintain all that anatomy and do a realistic walk cycle at that angle lol.

E:
Spoiler:
Yeah, i tried my hand at it and its a hard motherfucking pose. I give up.

Thanks for the cnc. Keeping that amount of detail would be sick. :p
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: some of my art.Figuredrawing

Postby XElite109 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:18 pm

eh mom good work here :D
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:28 am

Great life drawing man. Anatomy seems good and you can even do complex poses. I can't give any advice, but I'd definitely like to see more!
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Outdated » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:31 pm

you got some pretty cool stuff here man, hope to see more
Firecracker wrote:Remember, movements aren't everything, creativity is just as important.

a.k.a. talkingcd

maybe I am
OutdatedOffline
Bot
VIP

Postby Blademaster » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Yeah I am actually drawing daily. I like to chill on iscribble.net. It's a nice drawing platform. You can draw with other people there. The problem is just the limited canvas and no crtl+z.

That's something I did there.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Jojishi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

I'll need to check out that place in the future. :) It's so good that you're drawing every day. Last time I drew anything was months ago lol...

The drawing looks fantastic, especially since you didn't use Ctrl+Z! I like how it has a water-colour feeling to it, likely due to the subdued colours as well as the colour going out of the lines. It looks pretty chill man.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Raymond » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:58 pm

You're really good with anatomy. Some people have more trouble with it then others. I know that's one thing I struggle with so I can't give you much criticism on it. Something I really like about your style is your shading. It always seems so clean. Like in your cyborg sketch, it really stands out on his shoulders and his hair. Same goes for the cybergirl. The shading on her legs and torso helps make the image pop out. It gives it that 3D feel instead of it seeming like a flat image. I also struggle with shading. I generally use a pencil though so it's harder to get the exact shade of grey that I'm going for.

I'm trying to get better so I just like to ask questions. Do you prepare a color palette for your drawings before hand or do you just improvise and pick the different shades as you draw?

Also I'm assuming you draw with a tablet. Which tablet are you using? And does it have a screen on it, or do you have to draw on the tablet while looking at the screen?
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Blademaster » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:25 am

@joji, if you wanna draw with me on iscribble, let me know :)

Raymond wrote:
I'm trying to get better so I just like to ask questions. Do you prepare a color palette for your drawings before hand or do you just improvise and pick the different shades as you draw?

Also I'm assuming you draw with a tablet. Which tablet are you using? And does it have a screen on it, or do you have to draw on the tablet while looking at the screen?

Color palettes might be helpful, but i am not using any. Sometimes i just use strong contrasts of colors and then pick something inbetween so i can soften the contrast.

I am using an old wacom which i bought for 60 bucks a couple of years ago. So no, unfortunetely no screen on tablet.
I might buy a new one soon within the next months.

Human anatomy, drawing shapes and perspective is a bitch. It's just daily practise and studying what you see.
Sometimes it's hard to translate something complicated like a muscle on to the paper. So you break it down into different shapes/parts. It's like collecting lego parts and at some point you just combine them in different ways.

The thing which gives a quality boost is probably clean linework. Doing confident strokes isn't as simple as it sounds. Well, for clean linework most people use the ctrl + z function until they are fine with the line.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Getting better and better blade. Nice job. Really liking that Figure Drawing #2. Hows drawing bodies without reference so far?

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Blademaster » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:12 pm

ZucchiniJuice wrote:Getting better and better blade. Nice job. Really liking that Figure Drawing #2. Hows drawing bodies without reference so far?

http://www.iscribble.net/gallery/drawin ... dling.html

i am blademaster2
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Jojishi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Wow you drew quite a lot in there! I liked the anatomy stuff you were doing towards the end, as well as the hand drawings. Jaycll made an amazing drawing.

Thanks for sharing this man. Great to see you practicing so much. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Raymond » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Dude I was laughing when you started copying flashyboys sketch, then he made a guy with a cannon pointed at you lol. You drew so much, that's almost 6 hours of drawing. You made a lot during that time. I never knew about iscribble.net. It's really cool being able to see everyones style and how they create their ideas. I noticed some people spend a lot of time working on 1 drawing while you made multiple ones. Your really good at this man.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Next

Return to Artwork / Photography