Pyrenees (May 15)

Drawn art, concept, photography.

Pyrenees (May 15)

Postby Caleb » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:04 am

I'ma post my drawings here so I have a place to keep my drawings in.

Pyrenees:
This took super long to make and gave me back problems, but it looks pretty cool so worth it I guess.

Sketching myself:
This is how I look after 3 consecutive nights spent with friends. Or well, I looked at myself and kind of just wanted to draw it, so I was feeling just about as healthy as I look so I might be a bit off. I forgot about the little part between the nose and the mouth and actually left too much space between nose and mouth. Also the earlobe sticking out doesn't even look like an earlobe but oh well.

Face muscles:
This was pretty fun and informative. Gonna find out more about the eyes though, since I copied it but don't really understand why they're so oddly shaped.
E: Shet, I took the picture at an angle, so it looks disproportionate. I might make a new picture sometime soon.

Planet smoke thing doodle
This got out of hand.

Eagle:
Trying to use some more tones since I want to practise my use of tones.

Modern Day Communication WIP:
Looking to finish it this weekend, otherwise through the course of next week. Sort of happy with it so far, I feel like I'm progressing.

Quick doodle:
I just started with drawing some lines and I ended up with this. I kinda like it.

Symbolic self portraits:
Here's an explanation for those interested:
Spoiler:
The tree was symbolic for growth without a goal. It doesn't have an image it will want to grow to and that's what I want to be like, but all my insecurities are holding me back from thinking that way. In the second piece, that's what the letter T symbolizes as well. I don't mean to say that how I am is bad in itself though, which is why I did make the T look a bit elegant still. I know, it's deep shit.

1:
So this was for art class. I only got to make the tree into something actually good because of time limits, so the quality's overall not amazing. I used charcoal for the shading and a 2B pencil for the normal lines.

2:
This is my second take on the symbolic self portrait. We had to make a caligraphy of our first name's first letter earlier and that thing stuck in the ghoul's head is my letter T. I then added the text (which feels horribly out of place now), because the assignment was to make it into more of a poster format. I might redo it to get everything in place sometime. In this drawing I used mikron pens for the outlines, charcoal for the ghoul shading and pencil for the letter shading.

Tree:
This was fun.

Owl:
The thing on its forehead might as well be left out now I look at it. It adds nothing. I'm also very good at erasing.

Rhinosaur:
Came up with this as I went. Satisfied with the head, rest's kinda meh.

Millipus:
Needed to have something to do in my 4 hour long train journey so I made this. It's kinda neat but nothing special.

Ear study:
Yeah, I decided to go through the whole human anatomy bit by bit, starting at the facial features and then expanding from there.

Disturbing thing:
This is one half. Once I feel I'm good for it I'm adding another side where a face is getting constructed by tiny humans with text saying "The people do".

Mermaid:
So many mistakes ;_;
Without Shaq:
Spoiler:

Single tear:
Started with just a drawing of a drop of water, didn't like it so I made distracting surroundings. Also I kind of liked the idea so that's at least something to like.

Late night drawing I did for shits and giggles:

Self portraitance:

Kraken:
Got lazy on the left tentacle but I still like it.

Me in about 40 years:
I basically made pretty thick lines, then decided I wanted to change the cheek. Same with some other bits. Kinda ugly that it shows but whatever. Also this thing I did from the other page shines through so that too.

Chameleonio:

Sorry about the eraser bits. Forgot to wipe them away and cba to take a new picture.
Last edited by Caleb on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 33 times in total.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Re: Chameleonio

Postby Skype » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 am

The eye is cool. The rest of it is uncritiquible.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Juke » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 am

The eye has great depth, nice work.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Kev » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:28 am

you got the lines down at least
sort of
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Jon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:01 am

Seems more like the outline at the moment. It will look awesome if you put a lot of details into the scaly skin and such.
Nevertheless, it's a fuckton better than I can do, so, good job.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Re: Me in about 40 years

Postby Caleb » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:56 am

Yeah, I realized it's not much. I just wanted something to post in here. I might do the scales fully someday or something.

Anyways, update!
How I picture myself in about 40 years:
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Re: caricature of myself and quick drawing

Postby Caleb » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Update because I haven't done it in a while, also getting back to the style I use when I'm bored in class. Not happy with a lot of things but eh, might as well post stuff.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby tuna » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:58 am

heh I really like these drawings, your style is pretty neat.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Caleb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:03 am

Thanks! Don't hold back when there's anything you feel is wrong with my drawings, I'll gladly listen and try to improve.

Also, here's some srs bznz:
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Re: O look, surrealism (8/10)

Postby Mitch » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:56 am

that would be a lot cooler if they weren't somehow crying from the top of the eyelid.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Re: O look, surrealism (8/10)

Postby Caleb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:38 am

I figured that, but I really can't image how it would look. It would also possibly take away from the look of a droplet blah blah blah excuses excuses okay I'll figure stuff like this in the future, heh.

Thanks for the comment!

Edit: Now that I think of it, if I made it look like a droplet was just sitting there it would've really looked a lot better. I might be able to do this actually.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Re: O look, something creepy (9/5)

Postby Caleb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 am

Update!

Disturbing thing:
This is one half. Once I feel I'm good for it I'm adding another side where a face is getting constructed by tiny humans with text saying "The people do".
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby SIFTER » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:49 am

You have an eye for style or whatever it's called, but I think you need to work on refining the propotions better. Especially the fingers since they look more fleshy than they should. Over all it's pretty decent. Oh, and you may want to reconsider your coloring technique.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Caleb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:59 am

The coloring was to try get the disturbing feel through, they're adjacent to the direction the skin is facing. I made it a bit too dark though, should've used a lighter pencil for it and then just use normal shading. It was fun to experiment with though. Actually looking at it now, all the other drawings I've posted the shading's very scribbly as well, I should use tissue for shading some more. Thanks for the advice there. The fleshy fingers were also a style choice, I'm actually sort of happy with that so I'll keep that if I ever redraw this (which I probably will because I fucking love the concept).

Thanks for the comment!
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Re: O look, noses (9/16)

Postby Caleb » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:05 pm

UUUUUUPDAAAAAATE

Nasal exercise:
Decided to try and draw some noses since I never really took the time to actually see how the fuck a nose even WORKS UGH.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Next

Return to Artwork / Photography