Dreams

Imaginative / creative writing goes here.

Dreams

Postby Pulse » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Whenever I have a cool dream, I'll post it here.
Dream #1: Immobile (Nightmare)
I opened my eyes to find myself in a long hallway. I looked to my left and saw a lantern, so dimly lit that I could only see a mere 20 feet in front of me. I suddenly heard a petrifyingly inhuman scream. Something lurched into the light. It had extremely long arms, pale blue skin, and blood was oozing out of its eyes and mouth. I tried to run, but my legs acted like lead, refusing to move. I opened my mouth to scream, yet no sound emerged. I looked back towards the hideous beast. It was a few feet closer. It was slowly making its way towards me. My brain was yelling at me, "Run! Go! Shout for help!" while my body remained immobile. I was helpless. The monster was maybe seven feet away from me, and I gave up. I raised my low-hung head; it was inches away from my face. It raised its clawed hand, and I closed my eyes and braced for impact.
Dream #2: RHG
Okay, so I'm on some sort of bus. We stop and a bunch of people get on. But we're all stickmen. I see a blue stick with bright cyan eyes carrying a yo-yo. Then I see a sort of olivey-lime green stick with a katana on his back. Then a black stick with a red headband and bright scarlet nunchucks. I look up to the front of the bus and there's a little electric sign showing the destination. It read 'RHG Arena". I looked down at myself. I was dark red, almost maroon. "Skyline," I said aloud. "My name is Skyline." Chuck stared at me awkwardly. He laughed and said casually, "You're wierd, man." At another stop, I noticed Jomm, Umbrella and Franky get on. Our next stop was the arena. There was a man at the front desk. He assigned each of us an arena. I blink, but when I open my eyes, I'm Umbrella. I see a blue stickman with some sort of metal on his hands. "Oxob," I mutter. A bell rang, and I lunged for him with one swift movement of my wings. He stepped to the right and dodged, but I came back around fast, and was ready to kill. But I was met with carbon-steel to the face. I was swept off my feet. I stood back up, turned around, and he was sprinting at me. I flew upward, then came back down with ground-shaking impact. He struggled for balance, and I saw my opportunity. I darted at him and stabbed him with my closed umbrella. He looked up at me with helpless eyes. I smirked and opened the umbrella. (Will finish later.)
Last edited by Pulse on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PulseOffline
Active
Active

Re: Dreams

Postby Lord » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:21 pm

You actually had this dream? You could make animations about the dreams you have, might make it easier for us to understand it.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Pulse » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:35 pm

I might try it sometime, but at my skill level, this would be hella hard to animate.
PulseOffline
Active
Active

Postby MCToast » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:49 pm

I wish I had cool dreams like that, nothing too paranormal in mine.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Alca » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:52 pm

MCToast wrote:I wish I had cool dreams like that, nothing too paranormal in mine.

It's been too long since I've remembered any of my dreams. I'd even be fine with nightmares, but I only remember my dreams once or twice every couple of months.

Pretty interesting dream anyway.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Raymond » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:09 pm

I've had a couple of really weird dreams like that one. When I was about 8 years old I remember having this dream where I was playing Mario and I was actually him in the game. So I got to a point in the game where I had to go under water and I remember being ok, but after some time I felt like I was going to suffocate if I didn't make it to the top of the water in time. As I was struggling for the top I woke up with my face buried in my pillow and I couldn't breath.

I also had a few nightmares that were intense. I've never gotten this afraid in real life so it was really weird, but in a few of my nightmares I was so terrified that when I would try to call out for help, I was literally incapable of yelling more than a small whimper and the struggle to get any sound out was the most realistic and freaky thing I've experienced in a dream. So I can really relate to this story. I don't really remember my dreams much anymore. If I do it starts off really clear when I wake up and over the course of the day I begin to forget what happened. So it's interesting that you can remember a lot of what happened.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Grams » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Raymond wrote:in a few of my nightmares I was so terrified that when I would try to call out for help, I was literally incapable of yelling more than a small whimper and the struggle to get any sound out was the most realistic and freaky thing I've experienced in a dream.

^This shit is terrifying. I have relatively frequent sleep paralysis "episodes" (I'm sure most of us have experienced one), and they are some of the most petrifying things. For those of you who don't know, it's an occurrence in which a person, falling asleep or waking up, temporarily experiences the inability to move, speak or react. Basically, you can see the reality around you (e.g. your bedroom), but your dreams/nightmares sort of merge with it.
Even if you realize what's actually happening, you virtually can't do anything about it but wait it out.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Anton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Sometimes i dream about fights against zombies but all my moves are so weak that i give up, and then i discover that gravity is halved, so i jump on walls to flee. It felt almost like a lucid dream, but without the full control, just looking for the "cheat codes" to activate by themselves.

Imo, having lucid dreams is the best thing ever, i had some it when i was 10~15, then it stopped.
Maybe maturity altered too much my brain so i can't do lucid dreams anymore...
(frown
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Daniël » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:49 pm

My dreams are always boring as shit.

Last night I dreamed I didn't get the job I applied for, so I had to work in a supermarket instead. When I woke up I checked my mail immediately to see if they had responded. Got a mail that said I'll have an 'interview' either on the 19th or the 20th.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Anton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Oh... almost forgot the epic dream i had last week :

Peter finished pivot 5, but an evil organisation hacked it out in order to draw money from it. Then some stickmen decided to blow up the organisation by all costs, but all died in the explosion. And Peter got his soft back.

I wanted to animate that, but i'm really so frikin busy atm.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Pulse » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Wow. I'm happy you guys all like it =)
PulseOffline
Active
Active

Postby Stickid » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Daniël wrote:My dreams are always boring as shit.

Last night I dreamed I didn't get the job I applied for, so I had to work in a supermarket instead. When I woke up I checked my mail immediately to see if they had responded. Got a mail that said I'll have an 'interview' either on the 19th or the 20th.

exactly how my dreams are. i'll dream about going to the store to get stuff i actually need in real life. honestly my dreams are so boring and realistic i usually can't tell whether they happened or not. it's kind of scary

apparently though, i experience quite a bit of hypnagogia, which is this sort of dreaming while half-awake thing. you're basically aware while your mind transitions between states of dreaming. when i'm going to sleep or waking up i'll visualize or hear random things constantly while laying half-asleep in bed, it's crazy and kind of awesome. i don't ever remember much, it's mostly just random dialogue and conversations but it's always this super creative shit i could never come up with while awake

years ago i was getting so little sleep that i stopped being aware of my dreams completely. i would basically just go to sleep and wake up, not experiencing any dreams inbetween. it was only a couple years ago when i got better sleep that i noticed my dreams again. also, i used to suffer from nearly constant nightmares as a kid, but strangely enough haven't had a single nightmare since i started dreaming again
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Daniël » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:00 am

Stickid wrote:
Daniël wrote:My dreams are always boring as shit.

exactly how my dreams are. i'll dream about going to the store to get stuff i actually need in real life. honestly my dreams are so boring and realistic i usually can't tell whether they happened or not. it's kind of scary

Lately been having this a lot less, I think, but I have often had that I didn't know whether something had actually happened or whether I dreamed it.

I want batshit insane dreams, Blade-style, that way I know at least that I didn't actually kill a fuckton of vampires.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Lord » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Anton wrote:Oh... almost forgot the epic dream i had last week :

Peter finished pivot 5, but an evil organisation hacked it out in order to draw money from it. Then some stickmen decided to blow up the organisation by all costs, but all died in the explosion. And Peter got his soft back.

I wanted to animate that, but i'm really so frikin busy atm.

Now that's something.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Grams » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:51 pm

I dreamt last night that my ex decided to come to my university for her freshman year, and we ended up getting back together. For our first date back together, she purchased tickets for the local minor league baseball team. I ended up getting us lost on the trek to get to the stadium. I thought she was going to break up with me because we were late to the game. After she said it was okay, we teleported to the location the game was supposed to take place, but instead of watching a baseball game, we ended up taking part in a pokemon battle to save the Earth from global warming.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Next

Return to Literature Section