what are your FAVOURITE books?

Imaginative / creative writing goes here.

what are your FAVOURITE books?

Postby Axon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:39 pm

I've only really got back into reading a lot in the few months and haven't read loads. A few years ago I might've said something by Terry Pratchett? I dunno l0l

but now I'd say Infinite Jest/The Stranger are my current favez but I have been reading a lot lately so that list is soon to be added to!!!

what are YOURS??
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Re: what are your FAVOURITE books?

Postby Lord » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:49 pm

The Skullduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy, in particular The Faceless Ones.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Grams » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. It's so discombobulated due to it being the farthest thing from chronological order, but it's very well written and actually humorous. First time a book made me "lol". I also empathize with Yossarian (the protagonist), and the WW2 bomber setting is really interesting to me. Quite a trial to read. Highly recommend.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby socks » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 pm

John Dies at the end, will always hold a place in my favorites for reasons more than just what's written.
And I seldom read, except for (please don't berate me) Philosophical pieces, and anything with Surreal vibes.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Mitch » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:04 am

Captain underpants was pretty ballin
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Stickid » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:31 am

Mitch wrote:Captain underpants was pretty ballin

hell yea that's my shit

my favorite is probably Ender's Game or something. i haven't read many books outside of school curriculum
i feel like i should love reading but doing only one thing at a time somehow scares me nowadays. if i read anything it has to be an audiobook so i can do other things or i need to listen to music while reading. i think i might be over-stimulated
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Alca » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 am

Probably 1984 by George Orwell. One of my favourite books of all time.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Axon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 pm

GTSYankee wrote:Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. It's so discombobulated due to it being the farthest thing from chronological order, but it's very well written and actually humorous. First time a book made me "lol". I also empathize with Yossarian (the protagonist), and the WW2 bomber setting is really interesting to me. Quite a trial to read. Highly recommend.

I found a £5 note in a copy of Catch-22 I haven't touched in years so it is one of my favourite books as well!!! I've never read it though. I tried to when I was younger and didn't get into it, it's on my to read list.

Stripes wrote:John Dies at the end, will always hold a place in my favorites for reasons more than just what's written.
And I seldom read, except for (please don't berate me) Philosophical pieces, and anything with Surreal vibes.

what philosophical pieces and what surreal things?
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Grams » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Axon wrote:I've never read it though. I tried to when I was younger and didn't get into it

Same here. I tried in like 7th grade, but I had no idea what was happening after a couple chapters and wasn't intrigued. But, had at it again. Glad I did.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby wondermeow » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 am

Hi Mate,

I have to say I love the Harry Potter books and the lords of the rings so much more detail in them compared to the movies but they are equally just as good.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow
wondermeowOffline
Active
Active

Return to Literature Section