I write. [Sorta NSFW, I dunno]

Imaginative / creative writing goes here.

I write. [Sorta NSFW, I dunno]

Postby Aron » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:03 pm

I stood in the long metal corridor. I wasn't sure why, or how I got there, I simply stood.
Suddenly, I heard a machine-like ka-chink. And then a metallic whir. I spun around to find myself facing a huge fan, which was beginning to turn on.
I turned and sprinted to the other end of the tunnel, but I had only advanced a few feet when I began moving backwards. I struggled, trying not to let myself be pulled back by the wind. I looked to my left, and I found a metal handle. I jumped over to it and hung on with all of my strength. The wind was howling now. It was so strong the corridor itself was falling apart, with panels being torn off and blown back. I felt my shoulders dislocate, and the pain was too much to bear. I lost my grip, flew back, closed my eyes and braced for impact.

Instead of all my boned being crushed to white dust, I found myself laying down on a soft surface. I opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. I was in a bedroom, but not my own. My arms also felt fine. It was like the wind had never even happened. I looked to my left to find a rather attractive woman sleeping beside me, seemingly nude. Being the pervert that I am, I pull the covers off her chest to sneak a peek at her breasts. Instead, I saw no body, but blood staining the mattress. It came to my mind that she had been decapitated and that that was her head, and I fainted.

I woke up in my bedroom at home to the beeping of my alarm clock.
"Holy shit, three levels there," I muttered as I hauled myself out of bed to empty my bladder. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, but to find a raccoon's body.
"Wow," I mumbled, rubbing the fur around my chin. "I need to shave."

THE END
AronOffline
back, bitches
back, bitches

Re: I write. [Sorta NSFW, I dunno]

Postby Daniël » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:34 am

Alright, so here's the thing. I'm not experiencing a story, I'm experiencing a large description of a dream and that's about it. There's no feelings, just one thing after another, which wouldn't be quite as noticeable, were it not that about half of your (sub)sentences start with 'I'.

Try to have a more natural flow in your writing, rather than: 'I walked towards the door and opened it. It was extremely cold outside, so I decided to grab a coat. I stepped outside and took a good look at the construction area around me.'
Try: 'Noticing it was extremely cold outside, while opening the door, I decided to grab a coat. As I stepped outside I started gazing upon the construction area that I had gotten to known as my home.'

In the latter I added some rather irrelevant information (or not), that makes everything slightly more real. I also played with the second sentence a little, so it doesn't get boring and monotone.

I hope you can do anything with my advice, it's always a nice sight to have more people posting in this section.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Return to Literature Section