Dear Staff

Request .stks, .bmps, etc. *Must have 100 posts to request.

Moderator: Rank Team

Dear Staff

Postby Tan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:18 pm

This is not about assets of anykind but there is something I want. All I want, is the old DD collab vids and the Dark Bert Collab put on the new DD channel. That's all.
TanOffline

Re: Dear Staff

Postby Jojishi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:54 am

We've been meaning to get around to it, but we're in a sticky situation. The account that originally uploaded the videos (ddcollabs aka Animator Network) made DMCA claims on their own videos, which is why they're blocked. We have reason to suspect it was the last person who owned the site, since they bought everything including the channel.

When YouTube works with copyright claims it means they'll usually side with the original uploader, which means that if the date we uploaded is after the date it originally was, they'll think we stole it if it matches up with the original. Staff would need to get in touch with Google themselves about this whole fiasco.

We do however have some videos here that got salvaged (we couldn't get all of them):
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4041

Unfortunately, the only way to see all of the collabs would be if the owner was willing to unblock them. That probably won't ever happen. As I said, staff would need to get in touch with Google somehow. Lawyers could even get involved and it's just an insane amount of hassle that should never have come about.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby MCToast » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:07 am

All the collabs work for me, so idk what you on about
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Tan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:40 pm

It doesn't for me, Toast, your country is p chill about copyright, mine isn't. and neither is the UK, AUS, and maybe the EU. . . But I can't watch the old DDCs because copyright shit. I really hate youtube.

@Joji: TY for the link, it doesn't have everything, but its an amazing start. Kind of unfortunate that there was a dupe in one of the links. I had the video for the DBC, but I wanna watch all the ddcs again.

Isn't there some way to fight this shit? What's the deal with Animator.net and who owns it? When my flame was dying, I didn't exactly keep up with DD, seems like I missed alot.
TanOffline

Postby Juke » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:55 am

I can view every video, I'll see what I can do.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Why doesn't someone who can view all of the old videos just download them with some sort of app (You can even do this on a phone) and someone can add some sort of watermark or even go as far as reversing the picture so that we can all see them again.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Fuel » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Ray wrote:Why doesn't someone who can view all of the old videos just download them with some sort of app (You can even do this on a phone) and someone can add some sort of watermark or even go as far as reversing the picture so that we can all see them again.

This please, I would love to watch DDC7 again.
Shadowlith 2: 5820 frames (complete)

Youtube Channel(StickComex) I Animation Thread!
FuelOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Raymond » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:36 pm

Ray wrote:Why doesn't someone who can view all of the old videos just download them with some sort of app (You can even do this on a phone) and someone can add some sort of watermark or even go as far as reversing the picture so that we can all see them again.

I'm pretty sure that's what Juke was just insinuating in the comment above yours. We've talked about adding them to our new channel before.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh... haha. I guess thats what happens when you comment without reading every comment. lol
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Tan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Juke wrote:I can view every video, I'll see what I can do.

The sooner the better, but no rush. Thanks in advance mate.
TanOffline

Postby Gary » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:51 pm

http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4041
You can download all of the collabs that were on the old channel here.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Return to Animation Requests