Marijuana Legalization

Want a headache? Come here!

Marijuana Legalization

Postby Tosh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Should marijuana be legalized?

In my opinion, yes, it should. It's nowhere near as harmful to your body as alcohol or tobacco yet both of those are legal and there's a multitude of other reasons of why it should be legalized that are clarified briefly here.

So, what's your opinion, DD?
ToshOffline
Professional
Professional

Re: Marijuana Legalization

Postby tuna » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:55 pm

yeah much the same, legal legal all the way

man, im pretty sure koolcid is really anti marijuana, so he'll give you a counterargument. then again, he is a bit of a dick isn't he ;D
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lukas » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:59 pm

peter tosh - legalize it
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby Koolcid » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:12 pm

I feel like this isn't going to be much if a debate since everyone is pretty pro-legalization.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Tosh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Koolcid wrote:I feel like this isn't going to be much if a debate since everyone is pretty pro-legalization.

I think the same but hey, we might have a few who aren't so why not give them a chance to speak up?
ToshOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Koolcid » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Mr Tosh wrote:
Koolcid wrote:I feel like this isn't going to be much if a debate since everyone is pretty pro-legalization.

I think the same but hey, we might have a few who aren't so why not give them a chance to speak up?

I agree. I would love for someone to challenge me on the subject.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Axon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:23 pm

I think it should be legal but I don't like the idea of it being like heavily government controlled & that. I think a lot of people who sell/grow are against legalization because they won't be making as much £££

I don't know much about the subject though
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Grams » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:26 pm

I feel like abortion would be a better topic to argue considering most of us are between 13-21, so weed is more prevalent among our demographic. Hence, we're much more accepting of it.

Since it's not detrimental to one's health and would probably decrease crime rate if legalized, the only con I can think of would be induced laziness or being unproductive. But, once people realize they'll lose there job (or whatever endeavor they're pursuing) if they come in blazed all the time, most will get their shit together to be more productive.
Last edited by Grams on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Alca » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:02 pm

The only con I can come up with is a possible increase in traffic accidents. If you legalize marijuana you'll ultimately get an increase in the number of people who use it. Meaning the risk of people having accidents due to the influence of marijuana is going to increase. There's already a pretty big problem with the amount of alcohol related traffic accidents without throwing another factor into the mix.

I'm all for the legalization of Marijuana though by the way, and there's probably some research out there that'll prove me wrong, but it doesn't look like much of a debate is going on right now.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Alca » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Nice Pants wrote:It's actually been shown that people who smoke cannabis tend to drive really safe, especially those who have grown a tolerance.

I've read about that too. but it's hard to find reliable scientific studies on the subject. I read that people who smoke cannabis drive safer because they're actually aware that they're intoxicated, so they drive more carefully than usual to compensate. But I've yet to see any trustworthy research. There've been a couple of studies but not enough to actually prove it. Could be true though.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Lukas » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Alca wrote:If you legalize marijuana you'll ultimately get an increase in the number of people who use it.

eh, i dont really believe in this. everyone who wants to smoke will get weed, i highly doubt that the legalization will increase the amount of weed consumers much
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby Grams » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Lukas wrote:
Alca wrote:If you legalize marijuana you'll ultimately get an increase in the number of people who use it.

eh, i dont really believe in this. everyone who wants to smoke will get weed, i highly doubt that the legalization will increase the amount of weed consumers much

I think it would. You have a lot of young adults to middle aged individuals who maybe smoked as a teenager or something to that degree, but wouldn't risk their jobs/families/life to hit a joint now that they work for a living. I'm sure if it was legalized, these older folks wouldn't mind relaxing after a tough day at work.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Lucas » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Here in Brazil the drug dealing is really really intense. The government can do nothin about it because of the large amount of "milicia"(corrupted cops). If marijuana was legalized, the government could collect taxes on it and reduce the number of milicia. Milicia are only milicia because of the extra money they get with drug dealing.

Besides that marijuana has a lot of health benefits, if it was legalized the government could set the maximum amount of weed a person gets per month, the minimum age.
Also, here in Brazil, the weed you buy at favela has a really bad quality, because the ""mafia"" presses the weed ( pressed weed ).
The process of pressing(in Brazil atleast) also adds conservants that worsens the quality of the weed.
IF it was legalized the weed that was going to be sold on coffee shops or drugstores idk would be good, I mean, really good and would be cheaper.

Here if you want to get pressed weed you can buy it for $0,41 a gram. If you want to get better stuff like skunk you have to pay around $28 a gram. I don't know how much it would be if it was legalized but it would be really cheaper.

Legalized Marijuana -> better quality; better prices; better regulation; less milicia; less drugdealing;

I don't know if your country is ready to be legalizd but mine is.
LucasOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mat » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:08 pm

MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Lord » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:18 am

What are the negative effects of Marijuana?
If there are few, then it should be legalized for all the reasons mentioned above. I still wouldn't take it though. Just a moral right thing. :D
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Next

Return to Debate Area