Abortion

Want a headache? Come here!

Re: Abortion

Postby Daniël » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:27 pm

I'll regret getting into this, but fuck it.

Skype, I respect you, but the whole deal about the signature; just stop playing ignorant and act like referring to an unborn child as a glorified clump that should be pulled out with a coat-hanger isn't controversial or edgy. I honestly don't care that it is and I thought it was pretty funny in a blunt way, but playing it off like it isn't so seems kind of whack. And it's way below you to start pulling things into it like his signature to prove your point, especially because it doesn't really have any goddamn relevance.

It's also not really a cool thing to call out on people for continuing a discussion when you're doing the same thing at that exact moment.
DaniëlOffline
the
the
User avatar
 
Posts: 2506
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Abortion

Postby Gary » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Not gonna get in on the argument, but I think abortion is fine as long as it's done before the child has actually developed enough to be aware and such. But even at that point, if someone wants to get an abortion, that's fine too in my opinion.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
woopeee
woopeee
User avatar
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:06 am
Location: PA

Re: Abortion

Postby Peebles » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Alca wrote:I just think it's still a sad thing to abort your child though

Well of course it is. I don't think it's an easy decision. But it's an option - or at least it should be. I'm not going to repeat what everyone else is saying (since my opinions have been summed up pretty well from others), but I am very much pro-abortion. the women's choice. fuck everything else.
Image
PeeblesOffline
2007-2015
2007-2015
User avatar
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:15 pm
Location: cainhurst castle

Re: Abortion

Postby Jojishi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:57 am

If anyone is not mature enough to deal with the possibility of having a baby, maybe they shouldn't have sex in the first place. It is sort of the sole purpose of sex, to reproduce. We're a weird species since we see it as a consequence, but we also walk on two legs and loads of other weird things so whatever I guess.

It is okay to have an abortion as long as it isn't too far into the pregnancy. If the woman isn't keeping check of whether she's pregnant or not, or if the man isn't doing much, then they find out 2 months into the pregnancy I don't have much sympathy whatsoever. Even a month is quite long. They should go through with the pregnancy and look after the kid or put it up for adoption at that stage.
JojishiOffline
Moderator
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:06 am

Re: Abortion

Postby Peebles » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:43 am

Jojishi wrote:If anyone is not mature enough to deal with the possibility of having a baby, maybe they shouldn't have sex in the first place.

We can keep saying that, but it's not going to change anything, really.
Image
PeeblesOffline
2007-2015
2007-2015
User avatar
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:15 pm
Location: cainhurst castle

Re: Abortion

Postby Daniël » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:05 am

Jojishi wrote:If anyone is not mature enough to deal with the possibility of having a baby, maybe they shouldn't have sex in the first place. It is sort of the sole purpose of sex, to reproduce.

In my opinion, having sex and raising a child are two very different things.
DaniëlOffline
the
the
User avatar
 
Posts: 2506
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Abortion

Postby Skype » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:40 am

Daniël wrote:I'll regret getting into this, but fuck it.

Skype, I respect you, but the whole deal about the signature; just stop playing ignorant and act like referring to an unborn child as a glorified clump that should be pulled out with a coat-hanger isn't controversial or edgy. I honestly don't care that it is and I thought it was pretty funny in a blunt way, but playing it off like it isn't so seems kind of whack. And it's way below you to start pulling things into it like his signature to prove your point, especially because it doesn't really have any goddamn relevance.

It's also not really a cool thing to call out on people for continuing a discussion when you're doing the same thing at that exact moment.


Don't even get me started on your signature. He called me out anyways. I don't really care either way I just like pushing buttons. And at 16 weeks a foetus IS a glorified clump of cells, I'm not even trying to be edgy. And has no one heard of the coat hanger thing? It's not an english thing is it?

Regardless, he ignored my point and decided to continue on the dregs of the conversation so I'll ridicule the brain dead fuck all I want.

GTSYankee wrote:
Skype wrote:
Your "second opinion" makes even less sense. It is in fact pointless. Parental acknowledgement of what? That the child is pregnant? Regardless of what hasty decisions you think a pregnant, hormonal, 15 year old would make- it is her body to decide whether she wants to keep a child or not.

I very much understand it is her decision to make. That wasn't what I was debating. Are you saying it would hurt to let the parents know she was pregnant? Would it be adverse for the parents to give some insight on a tough decision to help the child? No. Not at all. This complete aversion to parental guidance is odd to me. Yes, parents don't always know what's best, especially if the teenager grew up in a rough home. Again, some insight doesn't hurt. So, no, it's not entirely pointless. But, I still respect your opinion.


I'm not saying it would hurt, I'm saying it is none of their business, really. In a perfect scenario sure, get the parents involved. But at the end of the day it has nothing to do with them.

Aborting a child without telling the biological father is a different matter entirely.

No, I don't believe it is. It would be his child, but it would also be the parent's grandchild. Regardless of what position of importance the grandchild holds in the grand scheme of things, it's still important. Plus, this is the Abortion debate topic. Where else would it be relevant?

Grandparent is a relation- it does not give them any more importance over the decision to keep or abort a baby. I meant that the father-mother incident is a different matter to discussing who (externally) has 'rights' to tell a mother what to do with her child. Quite frankly I don't see an issue with a mother aborting a child without the bio-fathers consent. He doesn't have to deal with being pregnant. If she's not ready and it's unplanned then he has no right to force that on her. Sure it's a cunty thing to do but the social implications are between the two of them and no one else.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
Image
SkypeOffline
Retired
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 am

Re: Abortion

Postby tenks » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:01 am

skype pls say something about my signature too :o
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
Image
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花
User avatar
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:01 am
Location: fuck off

Re: Abortion

Postby Skype » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:49 am

so kawaii~~
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
Image
SkypeOffline
Retired
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 am

Re: Abortion

Postby Alca » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:53 am

If you have to wait 16 weeks to abort your child you deserve to be sterilized. Anyone who would be stupid enough to wait that long doesn't deserve a child in the first place. You'd have to be completely retarded to think that there's nothing wrong with waiting that long.

Quite frankly I don't see an issue with a mother aborting a child without the bio-fathers consent.


I wonder what would happen if you ever had a child with someone (As unlikely as that may be.) I think you'd have a different opinion if your child was just erased without your consent. Who cares if it's the woman body? It takes two people to create a child. The father deserves some say in the matter.

But that's probably enough. I really don't mean any disrespect to you Skype, but it's somewhat difficult to argue with someone who has more teeth than he does braincells.
Image

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper
User avatar
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Re: Abortion

Postby Stickid » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:16 am

debate the topic as much as you like but please leave personal comments to pm
Image
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Re: Abortion

Postby Skype » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 am

Alca wrote:If you have to wait 16 weeks to abort your child you deserve to be sterilized. Anyone who would be stupid enough to wait that long doesn't deserve a child in the first place. You'd have to be completely retarded to think that there's nothing wrong with waiting that long.


Why? You can throw empty threats around like that all you want but you have no justification for it. At 16 weeks a foetus roughly resembles a seahorse, minus the sentient abilities. Actual foetal development aside, you have absolutely no idea what goes through a womans head during conception. 16 weeks is nothing in terms of a time frame when it comes to deciding whether you want to change your life radically and permanently. You'd have to be completely retarded to think that that's an easy decision.

Quite frankly I don't see an issue with a mother aborting a child without the bio-fathers consent.


I wonder what would happen if you ever had a child with someone (As unlikely as that may be.) I think you'd have a different opinion if your child was just erased without your consent. Who cares if it's the woman body? It takes two people to create a child. The father deserves some say in the matter.


There are many different circumstances in which a child can be conceived. A loving couple, planning to have a child, and the woman gets pregnant and goes and has an abortion behind baby-dads back. Yeah, there's a problem there. I know that.

A woman having casual sex, gets pregnant and gets an abortion without telling one-night-stand? Fine. Yes it takes 2 to tango but just because the man may want it does not mean the woman must. Again, it boils down to the misconception that a male has any right to tell a female what to do with her body. As I said previously the social implications of this scenario are complex and there are many variables, but going on the premise that we're talking about unplanned pregnancies, no, I don't think a woman has any obligation to sign her life away to a bloke that wants her to keep a baby that was conceived through a good Friday night fucking.

You base your views and thoughts on nill experience. You can only presume that what you think is what you will think when you're actually in that situation. I on the other hand have experienced pregnancy with a woman. The thoughts and problems that occur throughout pregnancy (for both her and I), as well as what the end result is like. I've heard both sides, met woman who have pursued different routes with their child-to-be. You are just another typical male who thinks he's allowed to impose on women because you think you know what it's like, or think that you can empathise. You give us all a bad name.

But that's probably enough. I really don't mean any disrespect to you Skype, but it's somewhat difficult to argue with someone who has more teeth than he does braincells.


Don't worry, I have leather skin. Besides, your bite is comparable to that of a 16 week old foetus.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
Image
SkypeOffline
Retired
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 am

Re: Abortion

Postby Grams » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:57 am

Skype wrote:

Quite frankly I don't see an issue with a mother aborting a child without the bio-fathers consent.

I agree partially. Depends on the circumstances. As you stated in a previous post, this would be an acceptable decision if she was impregnated through a one-night stand. However, I dont think it should be a general "rule of thumb", so to speak. But, I can see that as a viable option in scenarios such as that.
Steam || Thread || MAL
Image
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide
User avatar
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Here?

Re: Abortion

Postby Alca » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 am

skype wrote:you have absolutely no idea what goes through a womans head during conception. 16 weeks is nothing in terms of a time frame when it comes to deciding whether you want to change your life radically and permanently. You'd have to be completely retarded to think that that's an easy decision.


You've repeated this point a dozen times. No, I don't know what goes through a woman's head during contraception. Nor does most of the male population; it's probably something that is rather difficult to express. Of course it's not an easy decision, but at 16 weeks the baby begins to resemble what you'd start to consider a human being.
Image

Did I ever say it was an easy decision? I don't remember doing so. Please don't twist my words. I merely stated 16 weeks should be more than enough; even if I'm unable to experience child birth or empathize, 16 weeks is too long no matter how you look at it.

As I said quite a while ago, I believe it's a lot less of a problem when done early. But at 16 weeks it's a bit much more than a 'glorified clump of cells'.

Quite frankly I don't see an issue with a mother aborting a child without the bio-fathers consent.


There are many different circumstances in which a child can be conceived. A loving couple, planning to have a child, and the woman gets pregnant and goes and has an abortion behind baby-dads back. Yeah, there's a problem there. I know that.


You should really make your points more clear. Simply stating you don't see an issue with a mother aborting her child without the bio-fathers consent is too general. You never specified anything about one-night stands. Though I do think that a woman who gets pregnant through a one night stand shouldn't have to keep the child; it's unlikely that the father would care much for it in the first place. I did actually change my opinion because I can see why it's a bad idea. However I do still see an issue if in a close, loving relationship the woman has an abortion without even considering the father's feelings.

Don't worry, I have leather skin. Besides, your bite is comparable to that of a 16 week old foetus.


I know you feel the need to get the last word in. Probably a result of some sort of superiority complex no doubt, but you should probably drop it.
Image

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper
User avatar
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Re: Abortion

Postby Skype » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Alca wrote:
skype wrote:you have absolutely no idea what goes through a womans head during conception. 16 weeks is nothing in terms of a time frame when it comes to deciding whether you want to change your life radically and permanently. You'd have to be completely retarded to think that that's an easy decision.


You've repeated this point a dozen times. No, I don't know what goes through a woman's head during contraception. Nor does most of the male population; it's probably something that is rather difficult to express. Of course it's not an easy decision, but at 16 weeks the baby begins to resemble what you'd start to consider a human being.
Image


I'm repeating myself because you're repeating yourself. And great job grabbing the first pic you saw. Artistic renditions are not how I roll. This is more accurate a representation.

Image

A whole 10 cm. Like an avocado. The nervous system is not yet formed fully, and is not connected to vital parts. Even its gender is only just being defined at this point.

My point is that because you cannot fathom what it is like to bear children, you do not deserve an (shitty) opinion on this. I'll repeat myself again, maybe repetition is your learning style, who are you to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body? I'll even answer it for you again, you don't get to decide.

Did I ever say it was an easy decision? I don't remember doing so. Please don't twist my words. I merely stated 16 weeks should be more than enough; even if I'm unable to experience child birth or empathize, 16 weeks is too long no matter how you look at it.


Oh yeah 16 weeks should be PLENTY of time! Not that you can understand what it's like to be pregnant. Or assume what thoughts go through a womans head (more repetition, are you listening yet?). Since you cannot do these things, how can you even begin to assume that it 'should be more than enough time' ? Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

As I said quite a while ago, I believe it's a lot less of a problem when done early. But at 16 weeks it's a bit much more than a 'glorified clump of cells'.

See above for the part on genderless avocado.


Quite frankly I don't see an issue with a mother aborting a child without the bio-fathers consent.


There are many different circumstances in which a child can be conceived. A loving couple, planning to have a child, and the woman gets pregnant and goes and has an abortion behind baby-dads back. Yeah, there's a problem there. I know that.


You should really make your points more clear. Simply stating you don't see an issue with a mother aborting her child without the bio-fathers consent is too general. You never specified anything about one-night stands. Though I do think that a woman who gets pregnant through a one night stand shouldn't have to keep the child; it's unlikely that the father would care much for it in the first place. I did actually change my opinion because I can see why it's a bad idea. However I do still see an issue if in a close, loving relationship the woman has an abortion without even considering the father's feelings.


I don't remember the part where we decided what kind of relationship the mother has to be in. I've covered both sides already, so what's your point? And I've already said that a woman aborting a child without bio-fathers consent (in a relationship) is an issue. But abortion is not the issue there, the relationship is. Abortion is just an action at that point.

Don't worry, I have leather skin. Besides, your bite is comparable to that of a 16 week old foetus.


I know you feel the need to get the last word in. Probably a result of some sort of superiority complex no doubt, but you should probably drop it.


Listen to yourself, lol.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
Image
SkypeOffline
Retired
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to Debate Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests