what happens after death

Want a headache? Come here!

what happens after death

Postby FLIPit949 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:07 pm

There is a lot of controversy surrounding this topic and recently its been in my mind and I don't really know why.
I believe that after death, either you became an all-knowing, all-seeing being, or you just die, and that's it, game over, just pure blackness for eternity, or the Hindu option, you get a new life, meaning, you get re-birthed and live a completely new life but with no memory of your old one
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active

Re: what happens after death

Postby Raymond » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:17 pm

FLIPit949 wrote:There is a lot of controversy surrounding this topic and recently its been in my mind and I don't really know why.
I believe that after death, either you became an all-knowing, all-seeing being, or you just die, and that's it, game over, just pure blackness for eternity, or the Hindu option, you get a new life, meaning, you get re-birthed and live a completely new life but with no memory of your old one

Well I like believing in the idea of re-birth, but I doubt that will happen. I honestly feel like once we die that's it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Anton » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:45 pm

For me, it's all about the sentience inside the brain.
Once you pass out, the brain doesn't process anymore. There won't be such things as black void, or eternal wandering around, just an end, and nothing behind. You don't expect anything more from a VHS that has ended.

that's what i believe the most, even though i don't want to.

Instead, I wan't to believe that soul connections exists between some extra dimensions we can't be aware of, and that soul deliberately chose a place to live in a particular 3D (4D ?) environment.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Franklin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:50 pm

This is going to turn into a shitstorm religious debate.
I just know it.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby FLIPit949 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Anton wrote:For me, it's all about the sentience inside the brain.
Once you pass out, the brain doesn't process anymore. There won't be such things as black void, or eternal wandering around, just an end, and nothing behind. You don't expect anything more from a VHS that has ended.

that's what i believe the most, even though i don't want to.

Instead, I wan't to believe that soul connections exists between some extra dimensions we can't be aware of, and that soul deliberately chose a place to live in a particular 3D (4D ?) environment.

That's what i mean by "all-knowing" and "all-seeing", you reach a state where you know everything in the universe and see everything from the beginning of time until the very end, thus meaning that we achieve a higher dimension, the 4th dimension, the dimension of time. but i think that i also believe in this because i am a physics enthusiast so i believe in string theory although there are a few controversial things

FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active

Postby FLIPit949 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Root wrote:This is going to turn into a shitstorm religious debate.
I just know it.

nah mate, its all good in the hood (scool

FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active

Postby Anton » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:18 pm

That's what i mean by "all-knowing" and "all-seeing", you reach a state where you know everything in the universe and see everything from the beginning of time until the very end, thus meaning that we achieve a higher dimension, the 4th dimension, the dimension of time. but i think that i also believe in this because i am a physics enthusiast so i believe in string theory although there are a few controversial things

Well, I'd rather say that entity that we are is not the only one in the multi dimensionnal space he lives on.
Imo, he has a limited reach on all the knowledge, like all his companions. (i strongly believe that no entity can be all knowing/seeing/etc-ing in any circumstances)
And this entity is just curious about the development of life in a lower dimesionnal area, hence the choice of inhabiting a sentient thing.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Alca » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Remember what it was like before you were born? No? That's pretty much how I see death. Just a state of non-existence. You don't feel anything. You just cease to be.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Daniël » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Your spirit will move on to the next dimension.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Allah will reward me with 11 virgins
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby SIFTER » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:41 pm

I would describe it as so:

The moment my heartbeats stop, even before I get burried, I still remain conscious. Only with 0% energy and no memory what so ever. I'd feel my surroundings, but I won't be able to react in any possible way.

Once I'm burried and my body decomposes, I become a wandering soul that seeks to look at what it's left behind so that, once it's done, I move to a whole new dimension in which judgement happens.

...Mitch pls
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Grams » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Mitch wrote:11 virgins

shit-tier 99 waiting for me in jannah

Being serious, I mostly agree with Alca's "interpretation", or what have you. I don't think an individual will be cognizant of their death; no realization of existence as a concept as it were before birth. But, I don't pretend to be 100% sure of myself. I would hope something more ideal is in store. Being a ghostie that dicks with lights and people wouldn't be too bad.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Gary » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:47 pm

I dont really believe anything happens. I imagine it's like falling asleep, except that you obviously never wake up/
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Jon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:34 pm

Alca wrote:Remember what it was like before you were born? No? That's pretty much how I see death. Just a state of non-existence. You don't feel anything. You just cease to be.

This. Though I don't like the idea of it, I wish I could continue to be, but you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Mitch wrote:Allah will reward me with 11 virgins

Fucking lol. Probably all men for you as well.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Coweetie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:06 am

I've read somewhere that the time after death is probably like the time before birth.
basically that there isn't anything.

Could be positive too, no sorrows anymore.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Next

Return to Debate Area