Is the Travel Ban acceptable?

Want a headache? Come here!

Is the Travel Ban acceptable?

Postby Ashero » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:22 am

Considering the places banned, Constitutional rights, and human morality, is it a good idea?

I think some good could come of it, but the details need to be changed to fit the Constitution.
Government first! (cheesygrin
AsheroOffline
new scrooge
VIP

Re: Is the Travel Ban acceptable?

Postby Raymond » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:23 pm

I don't agree with singling out a specific ethnicity. You can't just assume every person in that ethnicity is a threat. Especially when some of them were born here and legally acquired green cards. I just don't believe it's a moral decision. I agree we need to protect our country from foreign invaders, but they should figure out a different way to do it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Lord » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:05 pm

I'd find it wrong to lock up 100 people in a hall because 1 is a terrorist.
Same can be applied for the travel ban. Target the right people, not the bystanders.

From what I've been reading the countries selected pose no higher risk than any other;
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/us/p ... .html?_r=0

It's a tricky problem to deal with, I agree. When so few are the issue. XD
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Daniël » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

I doubt there's really anyone on this website who agrees with the travel bans.

Either way, here's a video regarding terrorism and how people tend to react disproportionally because of the media.
phpBB [video]
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Jon » Sun May 14, 2017 9:37 am

Daniël wrote:I doubt there's really anyone on this website who agrees with the travel bans.

That's where you're wrong.

I agree with them 100%. And, as people are apt to forget, Obama also had a travel ban in place.

It is not targeted at a specific race, religion, ethnicity (if it was, wouldn't travelers from India or Indonesia be banned?)

It is targeted towards those entering the U.S. from countries that have a large ISIS population.

A country's number one job is to protect it's citizens. Once you can ensure your own populations safety, then move on to helping other nations civilians. I can't fathom how people don't see the logic in this.

I understand this is a bump, but w/e.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Return to Debate Area