Gay Rights

Want a headache? Come here!

Re: Gay Rights

Postby Thornsberry » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Mizu wrote:But I don't see how that's genetics, seeing as if someone was born into a gay home they would be adopted, procreated between 2 hetero people, or a sperm donor, which is still procreation so I don't see how genetics come into play.

I meant a genetic disposition, like they're born gay, do you remember ever making a "choice" if you were straight, or did it just kinda happen that you just were attracted to like the opposite sex? Same thing with being gay, I have tons of gay friends and my girlfriend is a "faghag" someone who goes out looking for gay bestfriends, they all tell me they've known they were gay since a young age. I asked if they ever thought the opposite sex was attractive they always tell me they've only been attracted to the same sex. I've only been attracted to girls, I've never been confused, and the ones I have met were only confused because society makes being gay out to some devilish action, and the norm is to be straight.
My Animation Thread
Bent her over the grand piano..
Feel my eyes slide over you.
Legs that curve the same as hers,
could run as quickly too.
ThornsberryOffline

Postby MCToast » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:07 pm

You shape into it, going more and more deep until you're dead.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Caleb » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:54 am

MCToast wrote:You shape into it, going more and more deep until you're dead.

That's surprisingly erotic.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Gage » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:11 pm

MCToast wrote:You shape into it, going more and more deep until you're dead.

Sounds like my childhood
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Behemoth » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:06 am

Can I comment on something about just homosexuality and choice? I've always been confused by how people think its some sort of choice. It just makes no-sense to me that a person would think people can just switch on and off whether they like the same sex or not. I often here people who have said there friends "switched" but that's not exactly providing any scientific reasoning, just general observation without any empirical evidence. I mean, people can discover they're homosexual/asexual/etc after exploring their tastes more, but changing whether someone like one sex sounds more ludicrous. Even homosexual/bisexual people themselves say they used to be straight but I feel like its more because of heteronormativity if anything. Also I've heard of being "born straight" is also confusing to me since straight refers to heterosexuality, so how would children before puberty understand or feel sexual feelings? They may be destined to be a certain sexuality, but people wouldn't know until they hit puberty.

TL:DR Why do people think that homosexuality is a choice? The other info is just shit thats been on my mind after just some random pondering.

Mizu wrote:Gay's and Lezzies should have the same rights as anyone else, but the first step to being thought of as Equal is to stop acting like you're special. You are a homosexual, that's great. So? I mean when you give yourself a Parade you're kind of separating yourself. Like the first post said, don't expect special treatment for being gay and you probably won't get discrimination for being gay. Don't demand respect for your sexuality, demand respect for being a decent person. Because that's all you are, just another guy/girl walking down the street. Don't define yourself by your sexuality in titles either, that also seperates you. A Gay Animator or Gay Writer is no different than a Hetero Write/Animator, or Asexual/bisexual/pansexual Writer/Animator.

Puclic PDA's are okay I guess, in a bus or restaurant it might get alittle annoying but that's just an small thing, now when PDA's get over the top and crazy with it is where it's just plain annoying, this applys to any gender/sexuality. Keep it pg please at least.

Thornsberry wrote:I do agree with over the top PDA,
being gay isn't something you can choose, maybe some environmental factors are in play, but I do believe it is a genetic thing

Explanation please

Keep in mind that although they may have around the same rights as today, you don't hear heterosexual people killed by bigoted douchedicks or abandoned by their families for being straight (or if it has happened, not as often for homosexual people), but homosexuals have been prosecuted by people throughout centuries. I'm not saying that we have to respect them for their sexuality, but understand that couple years back, it makes sense why its respectable amongst groups of people to come out because essentially they risk being abandoned by their family, bullied by their friends, or even killed because some dickshit couldn't grasp or bare the concept some one likes the same sex. People respected them for their bravery for coming out, not because their gay.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Jojishi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:36 am

Behemoth wrote:TL:DR Why do people think that homosexuality is a choice? The other info is just shit thats been on my mind after just some random pondering.

Probably just a lot of misinformation, and like you said, personal experiences of people not really knowing what their sexuality is. When you find out just how many different orientations and preferences there are you realize that no one would actually choose to feel any of that stuff. There are some extremely strange fetishes out there that I just don't think anyone would want to choose.

I don't really care for gay rights. It's such a non-issue at this point that it's weird it's still being debated. Apart from some prejudice from more conservative communities, most people seem accepting these days. It's basically just marriage and adoption at this point, but lots of the world already recognises civil unions with marriage recognised in some places, and I don't think adoption is far off.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Lukas » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:31 am

sad that this still has to be a debate
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby MCToast » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 am

I can quit it anytime I want, I swear I can...
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Ashero » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:54 pm

I understand people have their rights, but I find both gays and lesbians disgusting
i mean, think about it; they don't have compatible parts

When/why did I post this?
stupid lil' ****
sorry guys, I need to think b4 I post.

crudballz
I see some gay/lesbians on the street sometimes. I don't see any reason as to why they can't do it or to why they should. They still are people, and someone somewhere posted something about the life they've lived and genetics adding to their personality.

< Apologize for being like that earlier.
AsheroOffline
new scrooge
VIP

Postby Jon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Jojishi wrote:I don't really care for gay rights. It's such a non-issue at this point that it's weird it's still being debated. Apart from some prejudice from more conservative communities, most people seem accepting these days. It's basically just marriage and adoption at this point, but lots of the world already recognises civil unions with marriage recognised in some places, and I don't think adoption is far off.

This is why in the recent election, it infuriated me that people were basing their entire vote because one party sent out a huge campaign about legalising gay marriage. Sure it's an okay thing, but it is not essential at all to the wellbeing of the entire country. (Australia's recent election that is).
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Yeah I agree too. At this point I feel more sympathetic with kids in school rather than adults getting married.

Even though it is the same thing with this: lots of kids are accepting it. But there are lots of those cases where the kids are bullied leading to suicide or self-inflicted abuse. I'm friends with a good bit of gay/lesbians. Most of them are or have been bullied before which I find unacceptable.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby MCToast » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:05 am

You're pretty weak if you care about what other people think. 2 hairy men fucking each other's assholes is disgusting and it's obvious everyone thinks this way. You are disgusting, live with it and accept that people are assholes you can't fuck.

Now let's stop beating a dead homo, people still believe in religion after all, idiots.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:23 am

MCToast wrote:You're pretty weak if you care about what other people think. 2 hairy men fucking each other's assholes is disgusting and it's obvious everyone thinks this way. You are disgusting, live with it and accept that people are assholes you can't fuck.

Now let's stop beating a dead homo, people still believe in religion after all, idiots.

What are you dude? Are you a /b/tard, are you a pedophile, are you a schizophrenic? I genuinely can't figure it out. What are you trying so hard to be? Because I can see you are trying very hard.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby MCToast » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:42 am

Just posting, judgemental cunt.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Tiger » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:43 am

MCToast wrote:Just posting, judgemental cunt.

shut up toast
i am old

TigerOffline
XIII
XIII

PreviousNext

Return to Debate Area