Pokémon

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Pokémon

Postby Cressel » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:35 pm

It's funnier if they disconnect.

Also I'm really considering Mega Metagross just cause of the OP bulletpunch to scare off fairies and prepare a sweep with a dragon.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Schmitty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Honestly, MegaGross and Mega Beedrill are going to be the most feared fairy killers in the game. Unless move tutors return, or Beedrill can learn Drill Run through level up, the only problematic fairies are going to be Klefki and Mega Mawile.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cressel » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Schmitty wrote:Honestly, MegaGross and Mega Beedrill are going to be the most feared fairy killers in the game. Unless move tutors return, or Beedrill can learn Drill Run through level up, the only problematic fairies are going to be Klefki and Mega Mawile.

The smogon bans already fixed that. Well Klefki not so much but swaggerless klefki isn't nearly as good.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Cressel wrote:
Schmitty wrote:Mega Mawile.

The smogon bans already fixed that.

[Passionate crying]
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Schmitty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah but smogon rules are arse.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mitch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:07 am

They're great.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Schmitty » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:15 am

Eh, they're no fun to me. I got nothing against people who play by Smogon rules, but I can't play by them myself. They take the fun out of the game for me.

Edit: Had another legendary scrub challenge me today, at least only 4 of them were legends though. Groudon, Rayquaza, Lugia and Latias. The last 2 slots were taken up by Gengar and Scrafty. I had the same team as before, and was up 5-1 before he DC'd.

Also, if you want a physically defensive monster, you mother fuckers need to get an Avalugg. He shut down Scrafty, Rayquaza and Groudon without switching out.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 am

I actually like Smogon rules, the only thing I dislike is that the tiers make the gameplay a lot more reptitive, but everything they do, they do for a reason.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:04 am

Even without the tiers people would just figure out what the best shit is because it's just the nature of something designed to be competitive.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Daniël » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:45 am

Yeah, as I said, the tiers are kind of my only complaint, though it's not all bad. I mean, imagine you want to use a cool Pokémon like Sandlash, but he absolutely doesn't compete with any Pokémon that are in OU, with the tier-selection you can still use him without him being completely walled by every Pokémon out there.

Also, there's more to Smogon than just tiers, there are other rules which can make the gameplay better, such as the Swagplay Klefki case.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:59 am

Sleep clause is like, 50 percent of the reason why anyone who doesn't use smogon rules is a shitter.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cressel » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Minimize Chanseys anyone?
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Schmitty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 pm

I really wish Gamefreak would show the second gen starters some more love. I mean, out of all the starters, they're the only ones to not have their hidden ability released in any of the games. And I know because of the remake is why the gen 3 starters are getting mega evolutions, but how can they just skip a whole generation like that? I hope in the future, possibly in the next iteration of the X/Y games, they give the gen 2 starters mega evolutions.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 am

If they were to remake HeartGold and Soul Silver again, my panties would literally drop. I want nothing more than 3D Johto.

Except for a lot of money maybe. A lot of money is nice.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:32 am

Honestly I just really love the second generation and I would love nothing more than to see the starters get Mega Evolutions. Especially Typhlosion. He's my number 1.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers