Video Games

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Video Games

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:13 pm

I play games for the story. I couldn't care less about the multiplayer. Stories are where it's at. Uniting a galaxy against the Reaper threat, fending off a Darkspawn invasion, breaking the Covenant, Surviving an island, creating a Creed to defeat an Order, taming the Darkness. I've done this all and more. I've lived a thousand lives and I plan on living a thousand more. So you can keep your noob-tubes and your quick scoping because while you fight an endless, futile war, I'll save the world.
Gaming is my passion, simple to grasp, right? It's the one thing that really never gets old, so many stories and experiences it beholds it's really a wonder how anyone dislikes it. I've played through multiple lives, fought many enemies and immersed myself in mesmerizing campaigns that are so in-depth, it'd blow your mind to see how extensive the lore behind that universe is. Through gaming, I've saved the world a thousand times, and I'll do it a thousand more before I'd want to stop... Yes, I love video-games.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Re: Video Games

Postby Tom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:26 pm

TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:29 pm

I think the best part about video games is the "game" aspect to be honest.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:31 pm

I love that comment, Mitch.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Examples?
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Nice Pants wrote:I miss when games were actually games, and not just interactive cutscenes and gameplay sections made to funnel you into the next cutscene.

**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 pm

I thought that was a beautiful video-game.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:45 pm

My main gripe with it is that it's hardly even a game, which would honestly be sort of forgivable because they were clearly focused more on story, but they couldn't even do that right. The characters both seemed like a shallow attempt to give us some post apocalyptic hardened/edgy protagonists and the story in general felt like a straight copypasta from any other modern zombie narrative.

I'm cool with people enjoying vidya on a deeper level, but like Nice Pants basically said. We should keep in mind what actually makes a video game, a video game.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Yeah it was honestly a clever marketing ploy. Tell everyone it's a video game and suddenly it's a giant leap forward for the medium as a whole, when really it's a movie that incorporates pressing a few buttons and some walking between the cutscenes.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Well, that's fair. I can get behind that, though I still personally enjoyed the game thoroughly and still do. I even enjoyed the multi-player.

Hmm, what're some games you guys like? You've got me curious now.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mitch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:00 pm

There was a thread a month or 2 back where people were listing off their favorite games but I dunno where it went.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Grams » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Mitch wrote:I think the best part about video games is the game aspect to be honest.

Sunset Overdrive has given me hope. It looks fun. Something the "next-gen novels" seem to be lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good story. But, now that we've entered a new gaming age, developers focus far too much on cut-scenes and story depth rather than creating solid mechanics and a fun game. Feels like I paid $60 to watch a book. I like playing the game. If the story isn't detrimental to my preference, then I'm all for it.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Well, I was just referring to you specifically. And NicePants.

Sunset Overdrive looks like a fucking thrill, man. Definitely unique in a line of story-driven games.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby Waters » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:24 am

Story isn't everything. Everything is everything.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Anton » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:47 am

Ahh, a "what's your favourite aspect in a game" question. It's a neverending debate on the RPG-Maker forums (mm

My opinion is : gameplay first, sound second.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Next

Return to Gaming & Computers