Souls Thread

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Souls Thread

Postby Peebles » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 am

Tom wrote:Look at the healing items, everyone has those because you can just keep buying them from the hag instead of searching for them. People probably couldn't make it past the game without having like 99 radiant life gems in their inventory. DS2 has so many unlimited healing items, probably why everyone thinks it's so easy.

So true. I hate how many healing wares you can get in DS2. You could just heal constantly with no real consequence, and lessens the threat of the battles because you know you wont run out of healing items.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Any of you guys use poison/bleed? I've made a build to fuck around with both, and god, I love this. Ashen Warrior Swords with bleed and Spotted Whips with poison are great.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:32 pm

I've made a full poison build, fun as hell walking away in slow motion as your opponent dies.

Not sure how bleed damage works. I've tried it once though.
TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Bleed does sort of a mini crit, and it reduces a player's speed and stamina regen for a few seconds. Easy to get a poison off when they cant get away from it, heh.

Also, for all of the poison gear, I'd recommend equipping the rat ring for a extra 75 poison buildup.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:51 am

Just did Darklurker, I didn't even know about this diablo 3 looking bitch but that was actually really fun. Prolly my fav souls 2 boss.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby DayMan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Man, yeah darklurker was fucking insane, the fact you get a bit of time to learn his attack patterns and shit, then he doubles and you need to use everything you learnt from the first round. Boss mechanics like that are SOO good, unlike the fucking Ganksquad Sentinels.
DayManOffline

Postby Gary » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 pm

The Sentinels are insanely easy though if you have a Lightning Strike weapon. I had a lightning mace +6 when i first fought them, and I was done with the fight in under 2 minutes.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Tom » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Gary wrote:The Sentinels are insanely easy though if you have a Lightning Strike weapon. I had a lightning mace +6 when i first fought them, and I was done with the fight in under 2 minutes.

Same, the mace is a fucking beast in PVE.

And I'm going to turn the poison build into something else since I got bored of it a while ago.
TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Tom wrote:
Gary wrote:The Sentinels are insanely easy though if you have a Lightning Strike weapon. I had a lightning mace +6 when i first fought them, and I was done with the fight in under 2 minutes.

Same, the mace is a fucking beast in PVE.

And I'm going to turn the poison build into something else since I got bored of it a while ago.

Strike Weapons are fucking beasts in general in PVE. I got the Taurus Demon Hammer (can't remember the name) once as a starting weapon, and got all the way through the game insanely easily with it.

And you should try turning it into a bleed build. If you get 2 Notched Whips, it will bleed out a person in one powerstance attack.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby DayMan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Yeah man, after my faith strength build with lightning mace I always fly through ruin sentinels but before that they used to give me a worse time than O&S. Also who else has no trouble at all with the Capra but then has soo much trouble with gaping dragon, in the first game.
DayManOffline

Postby Gary » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:50 pm

I had trouble with Capra my first few times, but when I realized you could just shield through his first attack, it became a whole lot easier. And nah, the only part of the Gaping Dragon I had trouble with was the fucking stupid mage dude that fires soul arrows on you. Took me forever to find out where to kill him.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby DayMan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Forget this. I managed to finally do it in the end, and got Ornsteins sexy asf armour. btw I've removed the image because it was so damn big.

Could anyone who has Dark Souls one on PC help me kill ultra Ornstein, i can get as far as killing Smough, then Ornstein just fucks me over, also Im level 58 if that helps.
Last edited by DayMan on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DayManOffline

Postby Gary » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:33 pm

So, bunch of new info/screenshots about SotFS were released, and I noticed this interesting screenshot. +1 to anyone who notices something interesting about this screenshot.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Raymond » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Is it the fact that he is using an old school camera to attack the giant wolf?
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Raymond wrote:Is it the fact that he is using an old school camera to attack the giant wolf?

Yeah come to think of it the sanctum repeater is really fucking ugly lol.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers