Souls Thread

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Souls Thread

Postby Gary » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 pm

It is ugly as fuck, but nah. The thing is, you're not able to summon at the Door of Pharros area at all as Dark Souls 2 currently is.

Was fucking about with Fashion earlier, and I ended up making this. I'm absolutely in love with this right now for some reason.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby DayMan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Gary wrote:It is ugly as fuck, but nah. The thing is, you're not able to summon at the Door of Pharros area at all as Dark Souls 2 currently is.

Was fucking about with Fashion earlier, and I ended up making this. I'm absolutely in love with this right now for some reason.

Is it bad that the my builds all have fashion souls in mind, I just can't bring myself to play an ugly looking build, also it that the dingy robe you're wearing, you never really see anyone wearing that. Props to you for actually making it fit into something.
DayManOffline

Postby Will » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:43 pm

DayMan wrote:
Gary wrote:It is ugly as fuck, but nah. The thing is, you're not able to summon at the Door of Pharros area at all as Dark Souls 2 currently is.

Is it bad that the my builds all have fashion souls in mind, I just can't bring myself to play an ugly looking build, also it that the dingy robe you're wearing, you never really see anyone wearing that. Props to you for actually making it fit into something.

Dingy robe is best chestpiece.
WillOffline
Professional

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:52 pm

DayMan wrote:Is it bad that the my builds all have fashion souls in mind

Lol have you read this thread?
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Fashion Souls is the best souls when it comes to Dark Souls 2. In Dark Souls 1, poise actually worked, so then you could get away with ugly builds for high pose, but Dark Souls 2 is all about the fashion.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Peebles » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:44 am

Nice color matching with the greens and the brown, but robe looks too big? Might just be me, it just looks a little top heavy looking is all.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 am

I wanna do some fashion out of the insolent armor, I love that fucking generic knight look.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:46 am

Insolent Armor has to be one of my favourite armor sets in the game. It looks so good as a Paladin Build.

Switched out the Bandit Axe for the Crypt Greatsword. Does almost 750 damage when I use Resonant Weapon on it, and it's great.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby DayMan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:52 pm

There Is gonna be spoilers about Demon's souls and possibly even Bloodborne in this post so I'll add spoilers incase.

Spoiler:
Has anyone else thought about how Bloodborne could be a direct continuation from Demon's Souls? Because it makes sense when you think about it, the fact that some of the lore behind bloodborne is that there is no magic left in the world so people created technology and shit. This relates to Demon's Souls in how at the end of the game you beat the Old One and remove all magic in any form from the world with it.

Just speculation really but it's interesting enough to point out that it could be the same world as Demon's Souls

Also yeah the Insolent armour is one of my fav's in DS 2, it looks well with most builds and is just baller as fuck in general, but my fav would probs be the Heide set and the Allone captain set. I'd happily kill children for those fucken armours, man they're soo good.
btw speakin of the Allone captain armour i'll trade allmost anything for the chestpiece, i've farmed sooooo long for that shit.
DayManOffline

Postby Gary » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 pm

It makes sense, but I believe the devs said that Bloodbourne is not connected to DeS/DaS in any way.

Just beat the Darklurker in under 2 minutes. Thank you unleash magic and crystal soul spear.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Peebles » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:21 pm

If Bloodborne/DeS IS connected, it'd be years and years apart (such as Ds1 and 2 are). But I don't think so.

Do you use a shield often Gary? Do you guys use shields in general? After a while I loved playing without a shield, especially in DS2. Once your rolls are prime you can p much dodge anything.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Gary » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Nah, I barely use shields. I only really use them for parrying, or if I'm going up against a caster, I'll either have a Lightning Defender Shield, Dark Transgressor Shield, or a Magic Magic Shield, for 100% resistance from all magic. But even then, I tend to use the parry dagger more often.

Also, shields are completely unneeded once you get 105 Agility. You can just roll or backstep through anything.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby DayMan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Gary wrote:It makes sense, but I believe the devs said that Bloodbourne is not connected to DeS/DaS in any way.

True but they said that about Drangleic And Lordran, then we learnt and they confirmed thats they're basically the same place.
And yeah i agree it would be many years apart.

Also srsly I will pay real money for the alonne captain armour, I need that big shouldered shit. It really depends on my build whether or not i use a shield, but most of the time yeah i do.
DayManOffline

Postby Gary » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm pretty sure they aren't the same place. If they are, then it had to have been thousands, or millions of years for the geography to expand and develop the way it has.

Finished optimizing my super fucking op sorcerer build.

Went with the Bell Hammer, because it does 50 more base damage compared to the Crypt Sword.

End stats
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:38 am

You all have shit taste.

but seriously
Spoiler:

Black Hood
Shadow Top
Llewellyn Gloves
Throne watcher Leggings (so glad i finally found a set to use these fucking gorgeous things in)

Then any Dagger/1h sword styled weapon

Would work well with hexes due to the hood.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers