Souls Thread

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Souls Thread

Postby Tom » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:28 am

Looks fucking cash dude, I really dig those leggings. Don't think I've ever seen an outfit like this, nice job.
TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:49 am

Damn, that build is sexy Mitch.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Will » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:08 am

socks wrote:-Heide Knight Armor

Mitch wrote:Heide shit is so mint but fucking tedious to obtain.

That chestpiece has the worst geometry.

WillOffline
Professional

Postby Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:19 pm

http://www32.speedyshare.com/KbQNh/download/DSG-weapon-tier-list.jpg

Have you guys seen this? I think it's pretty interesting to take a look at.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Will wrote:That chestpiece has the worst geometry.

Any cloth shit in general looks kinda bad in Souls 2, if the capes are too long they will like stick to your legs and shit and it sucks. With the PC re-release I really hope they fuck around with the cloth physics some more.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:33 pm

I don't think they'll be fixing the cloth stuff. As far as I know, the only things they are doing is improving the graphics, reworking the enemy locations, increase the player count in a host world, and add a new NPC.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Peebles » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Gary wrote:I don't think they'll be fixing the cloth stuff. As far as I know, the only things they are doing is improving the graphics, reworking the enemy locations, increase the player count in a host world, and add a new NPC.

Mostly rebuying it for this. I hope they deliver, oh I really fucking do. I want it to change the whole fucking perspective on the story and lore, perhaps even progression. It better not be some jag-off who says a cryptic sentence once every 4-5 god damn levels.

With that said, the re-release date isn't until fucking april while Bloodborne's is in march. So I might still be playing Bloodborne kek.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Mitch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:15 pm

I want them to add an NPC that sells unlimited twinkling titanite, dragon bones, soul vessels and slabs. Like I don't care if I have to do some fucking ridiculous questline or some shit I just wanna do builds nigger.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Peebles » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Mitch wrote:I want them to add an NPC that sells unlimited twinkling titanite, dragon bones, soul vessels and slabs. Like I don't care if I have to do some fucking ridiculous questline or some shit I just wanna do builds nigger.

I feel like that would subtract a lot from the experience. Having only so many titanites in the game makes upgrading stuff feel more important and adds some weight into a playthrough. idk maybe on a 3rd playthrough or something they can have an NPC have that. But not on a first.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:30 am

The NOC and enemy reworks come with a free update in February. There are more features that come for free with it as well, but the rest of the features you have to get with the SoTFS Game.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:38 am

Peebles wrote:I feel like that would subtract a lot from the experience. Having only so many titanites in the game makes upgrading stuff feel more important and adds some weight into a playthrough. idk maybe on a 3rd playthrough or something they can have an NPC have that. But not on a first.

Except there isn't "just so many"
I literally just NG+ the dragon zone and go kill bugs for 2 hours, it's not hard it's just tedious and Dark Souls 2 already confuses challenging with tedious enough.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 am

Mitch wrote:
Peebles wrote:I feel like that would subtract a lot from the experience. Having only so many titanites in the game makes upgrading stuff feel more important and adds some weight into a playthrough. idk maybe on a 3rd playthrough or something they can have an NPC have that. But not on a first.

Except there isn't "just so many"
I literally just NG+ the dragon zone and go kill bugs for 2 hours, it's not hard it's just tedious and Dark Souls 2 already confuses challenging with tedious enough.

You forget the DLC, the DLC areas have ton of places for that. Especially Sunken King, has chests which contain x3 titanite, x3 pertified dragonbone which you can just keep using ascetics on that area since they're wooden chest they respawn all the items in there.

I agree with Peebles, it makes making builds much more fun because you have to look for shit imo. I think unlimited items are a bad thing IF they're so easy to access. Look at the healing items, everyone has those because you can just keep buying them from the hag instead of searching for them. People probably couldn't make it past the game without having like 99 radiant life gems in their inventory. DS2 has so many unlimited healing items, probably why everyone thinks it's so easy.
TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Mitch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:39 am

Where do I farm ascetics btw? i'm nearly out.

Also souls 1 literally gave you 5 estus charges at the start of the game you fuckboy.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:48 am

Yeah because that's ALL you used in that game.

Farming ascetics guide lel
TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Mitch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:25 am

Yeah quality over quantity, that much estus so early is FUCKING potent. In souls 2 once you reach like mid-late play through you're right.

Also ty.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers