I Done Goofed Moments in Gaming

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

I Done Goofed Moments in Gaming

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 am

This is a thread that I hope wasn't posted before about moments you had when playing vidya gaems that you feel you really screwed yourself on. In example, you did something without getting a thing and you could only get that thing before doing that something and you screwed yourself in getting it throughout the whole game. Go on and share as many as you like. I'll start off ...

During one of my playthroughs of Fallout 3, when I went through Little Lamplight to get into Vault 87 I didn't want to waste all of my stimpaks and ammo going through Murder Pass, so I talked to Joseph to get him to hack the terminal so I could get in the cowardly way and I misunderstood that he would only turn on the terminal so I could hack it, not hack it for me. My science skill was only in the 30s and I needed 50 to hack it, so I ended up needing to go all over the wasteland killing things, hacking easier terminals and passing speech checks to level up so I could get my science up. I encountered a similar problem with my explosives skill and disarming the bomb in Megaton, so needless to say, I done goofed twice during that game.

When I first started playing Grand Theft Auto V in 2013 I was still getting used to the controls. I forgot how to change the radio station in my vehicle and pressed L1 thinking that was how it was done and ended up shooting everywhere. It turned out that it was left on the d-pad all along. I done goofed.

I actually done goofed too many times to list since I started playing vidya gaems at age 4, so I only put 0.4% of those times here.
"I post so rarely that my posts are an endangered species." —TCF
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Re: I Done Goofed Moments in Gaming

Postby Caleb » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:43 am

When I was young I used to speedrun pokemon leafgreen (wasn't amazing but I tried) and I had this route where I could skip the 3rd gym to get Onix from rock tunnel and run through the gym easy later on. I forgot to do the 3rd gym more often than I care to admit. It didn't matter more than a few minutes though, because nothing faster than blasting through a gym leader with 2 moves before the pokemon league. For the rest I don't recall any major fuckups. Maybe some Catherine things here and there but nothing too big.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Anton » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:51 am

When I was trying to 100% Zelda, the minish cap, I started from zero, after finishing all the side quests, and after interacting ten times with all the NPCs, I realized I missed the bow of light, while being too busy on the other stuff, like getting all the heart pieces, etc...
And when you miss the opportunity, there's no way getting it.

It really bothers me in a Zelda game, because I always thought you can get any item at any time... except the fukken bow of light from TMC.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Four » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:41 am

I chose Axton as my main character on borderlands 2
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Grams » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:48 am

FourAcross wrote:I chose Axton as my main character on borderlands 2

Also, a couple friends and I were attempting to get the Gnome Achievement on L4D2 (guessing most of you know of this). It isn't terribly hard to get. Basically, you carry a gnome from the beginning of the campaign on Dark Carnival to the finale level and escape with it. The only downside is that you're down a man since they can't shoot. They can throw the gnome down to support, but it's easy to forget where you threw it. Well, we got to the finale spawn. But, we looked around at each other in confusion when no one had the gnome in their hands. Apparently we had dropped the gnome like 2 chapters back, so we had to start over.

Only ones I can think of atm.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Llama » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:00 am

I was playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I was hopelessly stuck on the Lakebed Temple. The entire temple was filled with water, and certain stairways that flowed with water could redirect the current of the water to different locations if done correctly. I spent a month of guessworking and backtracking through the temple, then I gave up and let the game sit for about four months. I got back to playing it, and I figured out in less then ten minutes that a stairway I had thought I'd placed correctly was actually wrong the entire time.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Anton » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:30 am

Grams wrote:Also, a couple friends and I were attempting to get the Gnome Achievement on L4D2 (guessing most of you know of this).

I know this because of a Half Life 2 Episode 2 achievement... It's the exact same thing : carrying a gnome throughout 9/10 of the game.
But this time, it's single player, and only you can carry the gnome (Alix is so useless in this episode)

The worst part is when you have to escape from a helicopter on a car, kilometers away from the nearest base, the gnome can't be in a stable position inside the car, so ... each time you steer, it falls off !

Fair enough, the game can save with the gnome, so you can try again and again. I ended up with 1 hp on easy, but i made it.

After hours and hours of trial, i finally succeded putting the gnome inside the space rocket, and no achievement showed up.
Why ? Because i used a noclip cheat to locate the gnome in the first level, which nullify the achievement for the full walkthrough.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Yadda » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:00 am

I paid a subscription for WoW.

You'd think that would be bad enough, but it gets worse, I paid for all the expansions up to Cataclysm. I played the game until level 32 and stopped. I was a subscribed player who only played 12 levels with all expansions. And after I had stopped and I thought I cleared my auto-payment it automatically paid for 3 more months.

I tried to get a refund, but I only had discovered this after the first 12 days, so I wasn't able to.
YaddaOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 am

FourAcross wrote:I chose Axton as my main character on borderlands 2

yeah i think we all messed up with that

also, on mirrors edge after the chase with that other runner and because i skip the cutscene where he jumps and stuff falls i walk off the edge each time
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Four » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 am

I got a legendary on borderlands 2, and when I tried to give it to my friend (since I already had it) it got stuck behind the travel thing.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:57 pm

In realm of the mad god, i was in the god lands and a friend sent me a message so i tried to type back to him but died
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Gary » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Yadda wrote:I paid a subscription for WoW.

I did too. I played it for about 5 years before quitting, oops
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby tenks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 pm

i bought black ops full price on steam

played it for around 10 hours
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline