Fallout 4

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Fallout 4

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:42 pm

We all want it and we all know it's coming, so in the meantime, let's just try to piece together a decent guess on what it could be by gathering information and posting it here or just saying what you want from Fallout 4 when it's released.

First we'll start with the things we know for certain ...

100% certainty
  1. There will be another Fallout game.

90-99% certainty
Spoiler:
  1. Fallout 4 will be released in 2015 or 2016 at the latest.

40-80% certainty
Spoiler:
  1. Fallout 4 will be set in the Commonwealth.
  2. Fallout 4 is currently in development.

0-39% certainty
Spoiler:
  1. The protagonist is a person who was preserved through cryogenics sometime before the Great War.
  2. The protagonist is an android from the Commonwealth.
  3. Three Dog will return in Fallout 4.

Now is when what we think comes in ...

My theories
Spoiler:
  1. Desmond Lockheart from Fallout 3's Point Lookout add-on may return in Fallout 4 since he mentioned to the Lone Wanderer that he would travel north to pursue a rival. The Commonwealth might be full of pre-war billionaires and geniuses that managed to preserve themselves, making this idea probable if Fallout 4 is set in the Commonwealth.
  2. Fallout 4 will most-likely be set on the east coast because all except one of the Fallout games have been set on the west coast like Fallout 1 and 2 in California and New Vegas in Nevada. So far only one game in the series (Fallout 3) has been on the east coast. Therefor if Fallout 4 is set on the east coast it will probably be the Commonwealth.
  3. A whole lot of characters from Fallout 3 and maybe even New Vegas could return due to the high probability that Fallout 4 will be set around 2290, in the lifespan of those characters.

My hopes
Spoiler:
  1. The ability to preview items you collect as themselves instead of them only being icons.
  2. A lengthy story. Not too long like in some games, but just longer than six or seven main quests. If the story must be that short, there should at least be a lot more sidequests.
  3. Running. Who in the wasteland just walks and maybe jogs but never runs, besides the Vault Dweller, Chosen One, Lone Wanderer and Courier? That's right, nobody.
  4. Actually aiming down sights instead of zooming in. They took a step in the right direction with New Vegas, but let's just hope they keep that going in Fallout 4.

I'll leave the rest up to whoever replies to this. Hopefully you people have better ideas than I do because looking back at this it seems that it was mostly me just spamming "Commonwealth".

By the way, if anything comes up regarding Fallout 4, like official confirmation, screenshots or leaked gameplay by any chance, please post it here. This will also act as the forum's official updated Fallout 4 news thread, unless everybody here hates the Fallout games, which I doubt because there are around 600 members and at least one third of them are bound to be fans.
"I post so rarely that my posts are an endangered species." —TCF
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Re: Fallout 4

Postby Shad Shadson » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:55 am

ThatCelticFurry wrote:We all want it and we all know it's coming

Oh yeah man! I totally want a new Fallout! It should take place in Chernobyl... After the Meltdown! Then something crazy happens like the nuclear reactor melts down again! Due to this, the area just gets supremely fucked up and is a complete mess, but people go there because there's also a bunch of radioactive "Anomalies" that are worth a shit ton to the outside world! Obviously the military can't just let these fuckers leave so some military members post up in this area, called "The Zone" and factions are created in it.

:^)
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Re: Fallout 4

Postby socks » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Shad Shadson wrote:
ThatCelticFurry wrote:We all want it and we all know it's coming

Oh yeah man! I totally want a new Fallout! It should take place in Chernobyl... After the Meltdown! Then something crazy happens like the nuclear reactor melts down again! Due to this, the area just gets supremely fucked up and is a complete mess, but people go there because there's also a bunch of radioactive "Anomalies" that are worth a shit ton to the outside world! Obviously the military can't just let these fuckers leave so some military members post up in this area, called "The Zone" and factions are created in it.

The Shadows Of Chernobyl better be well made.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Return to Gaming & Computers