Computer Specs and Pricing

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Computer Specs and Pricing

Postby Llama » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:19 am

I'm considering buying a new laptop to replace my current, slower one. My dad is all up for it, but wants to get a good range on prices and specs that'll suit my needs and wants.

The only things I really do on my current laptop is homework, email, animating, and web-serfing, with very little else.

What kind of specs should I be looking for or what would be most optimal in retrospect to what I currently do with my laptop now, and what kind of pricing should I expect? Even better, what models and laptops as a whole would suit my needs and what would the price be?

This probably sounds really cringy, but I have zero experience in this type of thing. I just want to get some feedback and insight lest I make an error and screw up somehow.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Re: Computer Specs and Pricing

Postby Will » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:07 am

http://m.dell.com/mt/www.dell.com/uk/p/ ... t_redirect

This seems fairly good for what you do. If you want to play any games that aren't 2D or very old though, they're not exactly suitable.
WillOffline
Professional

Postby Llama » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:15 am

Eh, a bit too expensive. I should've put the amount of money I have right now earlier. I have 320 US dollars to spend on the fly. Anything within the range of that amount?
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Coweetie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:54 am

I don't think you can get a good gaming machine for that price, maybe if you buy a used one.

e.
look for laptops with nvidia or radeon graphic card. I made a mistake once by buying a laptop with another card and the new games didnt work.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Skype » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 am

Coweetie wrote:I don't think you can get a good gaming machine for that price, maybe if you buy a used one.

e.
look for laptops with nvidia or radeon graphic card. I made a mistake once by buying a laptop with another card and the new games didnt work.

He didn't want it for gaming. So don't follow this advice.

LlamaPIVOT wrote:Eh, a bit too expensive. I should've put the amount of money I have right now earlier. I have 320 US dollars to spend on the fly. Anything within the range of that amount?

The link Will sent you is about the least you will be paying for something decent. In fact those prices are very good, so I'd suggest you save more instead of trying to get something for less.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Llama » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Skype wrote:The link Will sent you is about the least you will be paying for something decent. In fact those prices are very good, so I'd suggest you save more instead of trying to get something for less.

Yeah, I guess I can get over the price. With my birthday, I could more than surpass the listed price. The problem is that we'd have to order abroad. My dad and I are hoping for options that are local, or at least within the US. If it does come down to it, I will probably buy the linked one.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Skype » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:23 pm

LlamaPIVOT wrote:
Skype wrote:The link Will sent you is about the least you will be paying for something decent. In fact those prices are very good, so I'd suggest you save more instead of trying to get something for less.

Yeah, I guess I can get over the price. With my birthday, I could more than surpass the listed price. The problem is that we'd have to order abroad. My dad and I are hoping for options that are local, or at least within the US. If it does come down to it, I will probably buy the linked one.

The US is a big place dude I'm sure you'd be able to search the make and model of those laptops and find a local retailer. Not like Dell isn't a massive international company.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Llama » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Found a MicroCenter that carries those Dells in store for a reasonable price. I'll talk it over with my dad, but I think this thread has served it's purpose. Please lock.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Caleb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Alright. If you change your mind, PM someone to unlock.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Return to Gaming & Computers