Galileo (Space mining n shit) [Images]

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Galileo (Space mining n shit) [Images]

Postby Pistol » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 pm

sorry massa
PistolOffline
VIP

Postby Spock » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Like I said in the original thread, I can't wait to become addicted to your game. Looks swish so far (y)
SpockOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Skype » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:40 pm

I've added real time queue checking- previously the user had to wait for the twice-hourly job to run for queued items to be processed but I've added a check now so if the user is active (ie navigating from page to page) items that are completed get processed. The job came first so that queues could be processed without user interaction.

Also put 10 mins into the mining schedule and travel pages

I wrote a little bit of JS to interpret a server-provided UNIX timestamp and provide a real time ticking clock for the top right.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Kev » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 am

mining schedule inner box (w/ the text and textboxes) needs bigger margins, little squished
or more consistent at least, since there are some bigger margins
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Skype » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:00 am

The UI is not final it's just so I don't get bored of what I'm looking at. It won't look anything like this.
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Skype » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:06 am

I spent most of yesterday playing with photoshop and checking out some resources for creating planets from rock textures. Learned a thang or two.

More importantly, however, this morning I've written a basic script to interact with images. I provide the script a transparent planet image and I am able to colourise the image, keeping the alpha channel (transparent background).

The default function in PHP for colourising an image does not preserve luminosity which resulted in the dark area of the planet being a bright colour rather than black. To fix this I wrote my own function that basically loops through every pixel, greyscales it and then increases the RGB value based on URL input.

The result is perfect colourisation :) now to split the planets up into separate pieces (base, landscape, atmosphere, clouds etc) and colourise them separately, then combine them.
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Franklin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:18 pm

I have no fucking idea what half the stuff you're talking about means, but you put up pretty pictures with it so I'm looking forward to this. (thumbsup
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Daniël » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:43 am

Skype wrote:
Daniël wrote:I honestly didn't expect it to look this good so soon. That's very impressive man.

Since you're working on a phone version, are there also plans for iPhone?

Thanks.

I'm not working on a phone version per say. Updates to the HTTP protocol and Android allow web developers like me to make "apps" using web technologies. At the moment you have to elect to add the page to your homescreen but then I have control over how it behaves (the best example being not to show the address bar so it's more immersive).

iOS has a similar function where you can add web pages to the home screen and I can designate an icon.

Google will be pushing an update soon where if the website supports a mobile app version it will prompt the user to save it to their homepage. Presumably Apple will follow in their footsteps.

To actually answer your question, there are no plans for iPhone's/iOS. It hinges on Apple providing this update.

An example of how it would work is you land on my website, sign up for an account, then you are prompted to save it to your homescreen to access the game.

Alright then, I'll be looking forward to that, but for now I'll keep my fingers crossed.

How high are you expectations for this taking off currently?
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Previous

Return to Gaming & Computers