Terraria

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Terraria

Postby Gary » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:22 pm

So, Terraria thread. Talk about Terraria and that jazz.

Anyone else see the new trailer for 1.3? One week away, and I can now say that I am super hyped to dump another thousand hours into the game.
phpBB [video]
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Re: Terraria

Postby Anton » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm pretty blown away by this display of features. THAT's what I call an update.
I mean... 800 new items, what the hell, my body isn't ready for such an announcement.

I hope they made something for more complex wiring systems.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Josh » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Got near to 1,000 hours in Terraria, will probably do a playthrough with my friends soon which will take me after.
Can't say that I'm too big about it anymore, but hopefully this update should bring some enjoyment back.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Cheese » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

hopefully i can figure out multiplayer this time
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Gary » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 pm

it looks pretty simple now since you dont have to set up servers anymore, thank god
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Lord » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:42 am

Used to play this on my 360, but then the Hard drive unformatted itself for no reason and now I have to try and find one of those original Xbox 360 hard drives for it (which are nearly impossible to find where I live so I may have to use Ebay) or else just get an Xbox One. I'm managing with a 16GB USB at the moment but I'm down to about 7 GB left in it so I can't download any more games.

But yeah, I've a friend who's always going on about the game, everything that's been in recent updates that I don't have a clue about. To be honest, there isn't much I remember about the game. I did enjoy it though, for while.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Shad Shadson » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:26 pm

This is the game I've been the most hyped all year for for a reason. I have AT LEAST 1000 hours clocked into this game, and I wouldn't be surprised if I clock AT LEAST another 300 with shit like expert mode and the new exploration/boss shit. I always make a new account to play with friends and keep my old account with everything on it so I can get him all the shit too, though it seems this time I'm gonna need two separate main accounts (one for expert mode, one not) to get everything.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Gary » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Shad Shadson wrote:This is the game I've been the most hyped all year for for a reason. I have AT LEAST 1000 hours clocked into this game, and I wouldn't be surprised if I clock AT LEAST another 300 with shit like expert mode and the new exploration/boss shit. I always make a new account to play with friends and keep my old account with everything on it so I can get him all the shit too, though it seems this time I'm gonna need two separate main accounts (one for expert mode, one not) to get everything.

I do the same thing for every update that comes out so I can start out fresh with the new content.

Suggestions as to what to do with this area? I just started building, but don't know what i want here at all.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Gary » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:23 pm

GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Daniël » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:25 am

The game looks like it has gotten a whole lot messier, which kinda sucks, as I liked the bland look of what Terraria used to be.

However...

Tornados, mountable horses, aliens and flying pirate ships is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Even though I highly doubt I'll be playing it even slightly as much as I did back in the day.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Gary » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:11 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/105600/achievements/

The new achievements are here early now, woo
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby maxmushroom » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:11 pm

I have this on my Vita. It's pretty fun, I guess. I was forced by my friend to play it.
wtf the flip

{ website | pivot thread | flash thread | meme menus | easytoon }
maxmushroomOffline
VIP

Postby Shad Shadson » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Daniël wrote:The game looks like it has gotten a whole lot messier, which kinda sucks, as I liked the bland look of what Terraria used to be.

However...

Tornados, mountable horses, aliens and flying pirate ships is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Even though I highly doubt I'll be playing it even slightly as much as I did back in the day.

Messier? This is how terraria always should've been, imo. A lot of action, though I don't like the mass of particles, though I doubt that'll be a big deal if you're playing by yourself frankly.

Honestly what I like MOST is that they're making garbage items turn into useful items (IE: 99% sure that the starfury turns into the star wrath, and the starfury sucks literally as soon as you get it almost). I hope the lightsabers get ANOTHER upgrade and they become good for once, not to mention the SDMG better be fucking craftable/obtainable now. If not the megashark better have another upgrade worth a damn, because I love that gun, the megashark line is like a classic terraria weapon so I don't see why they wouldn't.

The Great Southern Plantkill
Defeat Plantera, the overgrown monstrosity of the jungle's depths

Wow what a great reference 8)

Due to the achievements, we also have a pretty good idea that the Moon Lord is the last final boss though we dunno what he does or what he looks like or anything.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Gary » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Yea, I'm really curious as to what he's gonna look like/how the fight is gonna go down. And I'm p sure the SDMG is gonna be in 1.3 from what I've heard on other youtube videos.

Farming the Pumpkin Moon. Managed to get the Horseman Blade, and absolutely nothing else except for an abundance of Spooky Wood. ;-;
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Anton » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:55 am

I don't think the S.D.M.G wouldn't be there, considering it's a space weapon.
They can't possibly be forgetting this.

Copper, Iron, Silver, and Gold have all been given new ore textures. (good bye old textures)

Duke Fishron now enrages when you leave the ocean. (can't wait to see this)

new musics :
Pirate Invasion
The Underworld
Goblin Invasion
Martian Madness
Lunar Event
Final Boss.

Also, they buffed Sunflowers by giving the player more speed and less ennemy spawns.

1 day left, boys !
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Next

Return to Gaming & Computers