Terraria

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Terraria

Postby Josh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:57 am

Anton wrote:I heard that Expert mode bosses in multiplayer have their hp scaling with the number of present players on the map.
Yikes!

They do indeed. One of the end game bosses had upwards of 100k hp when I was doing a playthrough with friends.

I also have 1000 hours exactly in game now, I don't really want to open the game again.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Strider » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:43 pm

I've found a good way of beating the Moon Lord through youtube. But after beating him 20-30 times, I have STILL not gotten a goddamn SDMG. Stupid RNG. I just want that gun.
That being said, the summon weapons he drops are cool. It's awesome that you can have all the different turret summons simultaneously.

Edit: Okay, got it now finally. Beat him like 6 more times at it finally dropped.
Also, I'm only missing two achievements: the Frost Legion and the 200 Angler quests (finished 54). Anybody have the summon item from Christmas? I would love to jump in a multiplayer world with you to get that achievement. The Angler quests will just be grinding I guess...

Edit2: Aw yes, found a great way of cheesing fishing quests. When you catch the specific quest fish, put it in piggy bank and fish more - you can fish the quest fish indefinitely this way. And then just create new characters for each of the quest fish you've caught. Take that, stupid angler kid.

Edit3: Just take a look at this beautiful cheese:
That's 40 fishing quests completed in one ingame day (except I only had time to turn in 31 of them, running 30 new characters from spawn to my angler took longer than I expected.)
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Shad Shadson » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:52 am

Add a sundial for extra bullshit. hee hee haw haw ho ho etc. Now you can finish two fishing quests in a 'day' (not really because it accelerates time by a day but whatever.)
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Strider » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:58 am

Shad Shadson wrote:Add a sundial for extra bullshit. hee hee haw haw ho ho etc. Now you can finish two fishing quests in a 'day' (not really because it accelerates time by a day but whatever.)

Nah, you really need the entire 24 minutes of the day to cheese it the way I did. Most the day for fishing the 40 quest items, and the rest for relogging different characters and turning in the quest. Sundial does nothing to this cheese, unless you wanna skip a specific fishing quest (I have no sky lakes and I don't want to make one artificially dammit).
I made a thorough guide in case it's not obvious how to do it.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Shad Shadson » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:25 pm

That's pretty cool but makes it a pain to get a lot of quests done on ONE character, though I'm pretty sure the quest timer is per world and not per character, though I have no idea (I'll probably check the wiki in a bit). This is pretty much 100% why I hate the angler because the quests just kind of fucking blow and I only want the hotline pole and the golden pole and I really don't want to wait 5 hours just to get them. Does this work for that specific case (quick stacking quests to quickly get golden fishing rod/the angler shit to craft the cell phone)? If so I'll probably do it for that at the least.

You could probably make it quicker by having your spawn be in the same area/house as your angler I think, that would improve times greatly. Either that or make your spawn the fishing spot, but I think my way is faster, Idk. Hell, if you want, you could build a house by the fishing hole(s) you use for the quests and make them your spawns AND set the angler there. I dunno if that would improve anything (I don't really have a good idea of the spawning mechanics or NPC mechanics in general) but I think it's worth a check.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Strider » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Shad Shadson wrote:Does this work for that specific case (quick stacking quests to quickly get golden fishing rod/the angler shit to craft the cell phone)? If so I'll probably do it for that at the least.

Yes, it does. I got a total of 7 Weather Radios (not any of the other two, rng), something like 5 Fuzzy Carrots, 2 Golden Bug Net, and a shitload other random stuff. After I had done my 200 quests I went through the extra characters and dumped their inventories into a chest to gather everything they got from the quests.

Shad Shadson wrote:You could probably make it quicker by having your spawn be in the same area/house as your angler I think, that would improve times greatly.
Yeah, I stressed this as a pretty important point in my guide. It's something I didn't do for my first batch (which is why I didn't have time to turn in all 40 - I hadn't set all the characters' spawn beforehand.) So yeah, it helps a shitload to have the spawn right next to the chest and the Angler. As for positioning your angler and spawn close to the fishing pools, this doesn't matter too much. It would be way more of a hassle to go in and move the spawn point for ~40 characters than just move your single fishing character to wherever the quest fish is found.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cheese » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:59 am

So about that expert mode health scaling..
Yikes.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Strider » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:25 am

That's a lot of goddamn health. You're all fucking decked out gear wise though, so it couldn't have been any trouble at all.
Oh and I got 100% achievement completion. What do I do now...
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Shad Shadson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:34 am

Nothing will ever beat my shroomite digging claw, rip :^(

I was hoping above all else that there would be a new pick that would mine as fast/faster then it and have the same range or something, and there just isn't. So dissapointing, rip my hopes and dreams.
Only to sleep again.
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Strider » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:26 am

The Drill Containment Unit is pretty nice for mining IMO.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cheese » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Strider wrote:That's a lot of goddamn health. You're all fucking decked out gear wise though, so it couldn't have been any trouble at all.
Oh and I got 100% achievement completion. What do I do now...

Hey, we didnt go one boss at a time.
Multiple times we summoned all three mechanical bosses, and each one took a reasonable amount of time to kill.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Previous

Return to Gaming & Computers