Terraria

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Terraria

Postby Gary » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:00 pm

What did you mean not quite at endgame? The Daybreak is an endgame weapon lol

But if you want that sweet defense, get Beetle armor and just fly the most you can around him as he's attacking.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Strider » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:17 pm

Yeah, I realize that, but I'm even having trouble with the Celestial Towers, so the rest of my build can't quite be there yet. Trying out the Beetle Armor and currently farming to get my hands on the Vampire Knives - those seem really good.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Gary » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:16 pm

Vampire Knives aren't really that worth it imo. The health restore is nice and all, but it's pretty useless if you get hit multiple times. I suggest farming the Frostmoon Event until you can get the Razorpine, get the Mana Flower, and then stock up on as many Mana Potions as you can. Hold down your mouse button, aim, and watch as your foes fall beneath you.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Strider » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Well, getting the Vampire Knives and a better arena definitely did the trick, managed to beat the Duke without much trouble. On to make a proper arena for the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon I guess.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Gary » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Try setting up an afk farm with a bunch of spike/spear traps with an invincibility box. Got through all 25 waves ez pz with it.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Shad Shadson » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:19 am

Gary wrote:Try setting up an afk farm with a bunch of spike/spear traps with an invincibility box. Got through all 25 waves ez pz with it.

Spikes don't work anymore as they made it so they have separate invulnerability frames then normal damage because people were using it to cheese Moon Lord Fights and just fights in general. Then they just made it so Moon Lord has invuln frames of his own so you can't cheese him using those methods period. There's still nurse cheesing though, that's my preferred method. I'll probably actually fight him one day but between expert mode laser taking out half your hp and the second form's eyes making you want to gouge yours out I just don't wanna do it.

But yeah Vamp Knives are pretty bad and have been for a while. They've nerfed them AT LEAST twice (because they did a million damage while healing for like 20/hit) and they're awful in expert because they reduce healing even FURTHER from that and the spectre set (rip spectre's hood b/c lifesteal too strong) and the moonlord just doesn't allow you to lifesteal period. Instead of making the daybreak you should've made the solar eruption, that's way better honestly. Also I feel like the best items to fight the moon lord ( don't even worry about the Duke, he's straight up not worth fighting for anything except MAYBE the wings and wings are irrelivant because the UFO mount currently exists.) come from the pillars anyways so you can either cheese him with nurse cheesing or fight him straight up with the UFO which are probably the two reliable ways to do it.

Also, is anyone else as dissapointed in expert mode as I am? I was hoping the cool loot would be more than bosses, but it's ONLY bosses and 90% of it is below average or worse. What is up with the Queen Bee's? So useless. Skeletron's is almost as irrelivent as soon as you get it. The Mech Bosses' ones are fucking hilarious (I kinda like it, but holy fuck what a lame payoff), Plantera's is alright I guess, the Golem's is as irrelevant as he is himself, and the Moon lord's is amazing and awful at the same time.

To be fair though, the Wall's is PRETTY fucking good and EoW's is probably top 3 accessories in the whole game (not counting the PDA) so I dunno.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Anton » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:12 am

I wonder why they put some armor that specialize in tossing stuff, it gets so weak when entering hardmode.
Also, I had so much trouble fighting moon lord in normal (arena with some heart statues, no other form of cheesing) I can't even last 10 seconds on the expert fight...
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:08 am

No more cheesing the ML? God damnit, rip my invincibility box afk farm. ;-;

and yea, I agree with you Shad. I cba to do expert mode simply bc the rewards are p much shit. I got the Shield of Cthulhu, and the extra accessory from WoF on an expert mode world with my normal character, deleted the world, and haven't gone back.

Just discovered the most fucking easy way of killing the Destroyer.
1.) Set up a platform high enough so he can't reach you
2.) Add honey, bonfire, and heart lanterns.
3.) Get the Daedalus Stormbow + Holy Arrows
4.) Buff up
5.) Hold the mouse button
6.) Kill him in under 2 minutes with minimal damage taken.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Strider » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:48 am

Honestly, they should just open up the extra accessory slot in normal worlds too. It's a weird and unintuitive restriction. Especially when switching between regular and expert mode worlds, managing your accessories becomes a bit of a hassle.
Also, I've managed to beat every single boss except the Moon Lord without the use of the nurse, so I'd prefer to beat him old school style, but I really don't know if I can be assed with all the preparation needed. Is nurse cheesing just boxing her in and staying in her dialog screen and healing when health goes down? Wouldn't she die pretty much immediately?
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Shad Shadson » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Strider wrote:Also, I've managed to beat every single boss except the Moon Lord without the use of the nurse, so I'd prefer to beat him old school style, but I really don't know if I can be assed with all the preparation needed.

The Real eyes of cthulu in his second form do a million damage and there's 3 of them. Also, the laser chunks you. You basically need a massive amount of potion buffs to do it, but it should be pretty easy in normal. In expert it's a pain because the eyes can straight up kill you in a second if you're dumb and the big laser attack does half your hp in damage. It's definitely possible but it's pretty fucking hard

Strider wrote:Is nurse cheesing just boxing her in and staying in her dialog screen and healing when health goes down? Wouldn't she die pretty much immediately?

Nurse cheesing is basically that, but I found a specific arena on reddit to do it better. You'd think she'd die but the body/hands follow you (and not the nurse) and even if she does get hit she just heals herself relatively quickly. that being said you have to use her to heal which means if you forget or something you CAN die but it's still quite hard.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Cheese » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:37 am

I've seen in so many places people using buffs and the nurse n shit makes me realise i've been doing things the hard way.
All the way up to beating the moonlord on regular terrain with two solar eruptions, a nebula arcanum, and a vortex beater.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Strider » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:37 pm

AbsolutelyCheese wrote:two solar eruptions

Why would you have two...?
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cheese » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:11 am

Two people, two weapons.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Strider » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:16 am

AbsolutelyCheese wrote:Two people, two weapons.

Oh - multiplayer's totally cheating if you're going full vanilla no buffs no NPC help etc. Bosses are pretty easy if you can have it just focus on one guy at a time - especially since they don't disappear if you die.
I wish I had someone who'd help me with the Moon Lord :(
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Anton » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:24 am

I heard that Expert mode bosses in multiplayer have their hp scaling with the number of present players on the map.
Yikes!
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers