Burning/Downloading to DVD question

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Burning/Downloading to DVD question

Postby Lord » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Okay so I got these DVD+R discs earlier that have a 4.7 GB storage and want to put some movies on them.
When I torrent a movie I download it and everything and it's at a good quality and is generally less than 1.5GB large (I excluded out the ones that were too large for me). So then I'm left with my movies on MP4. The files are small and I should be able to fit 2-3 of these onto a disc.
But then things get complicated (for me at least)
Because in order to play these movies in my player I have to have them in a different format. So I installed a thing to change the MP4 into the DVD format, but then this brings up the size so I can only fit 1 of these movies per disc, which I shouldn't be complaining about I know, but this isn't what I expected.
So then I have to install another program to bring the size back down again and this is all very much for my effort to be honest and don't want to be sitting here for hours just getting a couple of movies in the correct format and size.

Is there something I'm missing here guys? Any of you know an easier and faster way to do this?
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: Burning/Downloading to DVD question

Postby Josh » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:27 am

If you're using Windows 7, just use Live Movie Maker. Import the movie and then just press the export button and 'Burn to DVD' or some shit.

Keep in mind that MP4 is a very compressed video type, and the filesize will most likely be larger when changing it to AVI or any other format (providing you keep the same quality).
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Re: Burning/Downloading to DVD question

Postby Lord » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 am

Yeah. To play the files on my player I need them in a VOB. format. This brings up the size but it appears to be the only way to play it so far. I think I'll just settle at that. I don't want to go to any more effort. After all, I'm only paying for the discs, which are 11 euro for a pack of 25. So I really shouldn't be complaining. XD
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Return to Gaming & Computers