Undertale

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Undertale

Postby tenks » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:19 am

Ha time to shill this, here goes.

Has anyone here already played the game? Did you like it?
Spoiler:
Have you seen the true ending?

Discuss it here I guess, just spoiler what needs to be spoilered.

If you haven't, check it out on the offical website, there's a free demo, so you can try the game out and see if you like it, or just shell out 10 bucks and get the game directly on steam/DRM free on the site, or pirate it I don't care.

If you have a soul and you like videogames and fun and are not turned off by amateurishly (but charmingly) drawn sprites, then by all means, PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME. And don't look up anything about game beforehand, just play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
www.undertale.com

Stay D E T E R M I N E D
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Re: Undertale

Postby qbeef » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:16 am

Woah those are some good reviews. I'll probably buy seeing as it's only 10 doubloons, though no promises if I'll ever complete it :V

To keep the thread going:
How linear is the story? Is it really text/story heavy, or is it based on exploration (like Yume Nikki)?
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿

Postby tenks » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:27 am

It's story heavy. Kinda linear but then again also not but going into details would only spoil the experience.
tenksOffline
花

Postby Shad Shadson » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Realllllly wish I hadn't spoiled some of the cool parts of this game, now It doesn't seem right to buy it. But I probably will anyways this game DESERVES the money after the shit I've seen.

*THIS IS A SPOILER ON LIKE FUCKING EVERYTHING BTW*
Spoiler:
ie: heard rumors of you not getting a true ending if you start a genocide run, genocide run ending is spookville, Flowey fight comes straight out of right field, Sans fight has some of the dopest music in any game ever 100%, the fact that Sans just isn't what he seems at all between the 1000+ secrets and the things we see from them, etc etc.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby tenks » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 am

MEGA SPOILER

Spoiler:
If you do a genocide run first, you can sell your soul to reset the game but you will never get the true pacifist ending, the only way to get a true pacifist ending is to play neutral -> full pacifist, or pacifist -> full pacifist. The sans bossfight is insanely hard on genocide. If you watch a genocide run on youtube, like I did, because I just couldn't bring myself to play it myself after I finished true pacifist, flowey actually calls you on it, by p much saying, people who don't have even have the balls to do it themselves are worse than the people who do the actual killing. So basically I got BTFO'd for watching a video on youtube. You also meet chara at the end of your genocide run. Also nice quote from sans 'bad time' skeleton. I wish people would care for this game.
Last edited by tenks on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
tenksOffline
花

Postby qbeef » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:30 am

So I just beat the game as blind as I could and holy crap you weren't kidding. Amazing game.
Spoiler:
I haven't done the pacifist run yet, but I'm excited to get to it. Also, after watching a couple runs I realized i missed a bunch of extra stuff, so i'll get to that as well

Thanks for the rec (thumbsup

Edit: Best Character Tier List gogogogo:
Spoiler:
1-Napstablook
2-Sans
3-Burgerpants
4-Mettaton
5-Doggo
46-Jerry
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿

Postby tenks » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:52 am

Glad you enjoyed it so far and defo get onto that yeah, the ride has only begun.

Spoiler:
1. toriel
2. sans
3. undyne
4. papyrus
5. flowey
6. napstablook
7. mettadon

shit tier: alphys
tenksOffline
花

Postby Michi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Welp, so i've beaten the game blind, then did it again. It was great.
All i can say is that this game amazed me on so many levels, mostly the soundtrack and lovable characters.
Spoiler:
All the boss OSTs were great, but Toriel's house theme at the beginning was like the comfiest track i have heard in a very long while, i'll give ye that.

Spoiler:
So yeah, I got the neutral ending first, cause i didn't know you can leave certain bosses alive,
but i then did full pacifist since Flowey asked me to do so and got the True Ending, yay.
Now i kinda got attached to all the characters so i really don't feel like doing a kill-em-all run so i guess i'll just watch it on youtube.

Edit:
Spoiler:
So after sinking several more hours into the game i can safely assume it's the best game i've ever played.
Tier list you may ask?
Fuck that, there's no character i like less than the others.
Except Alphys maybe, i'm kinda "meh" about her, even though she did a lot of great stuff in game, but mostly off-screen (what makes it so easily forgettable, but considering she studied determination and fucking created Flowey makes her pretty damn important a character actually, tis a shame she had nearly no redeeming qualities shown)
Fave themes? Prolly "Undertale" track or any track from the final bossfights. "Don't give up" and "His Theme" make me cry like a little bitch every time i hear them.
I apparently missed Flowey's feel trip after launching the game again post-credits, that probably made me decide not to do a genocide run. Ever.

Many thanks for recommending it, this game blew me away and is probably the most heart warming game i have ever played.
Last edited by Michi on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MichiOffline
I'm trash

Postby DostPs » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:52 pm

That is a good game,but i just like perma-death roguelike mmos xD
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby MCToast » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:14 pm

it's heart warming, but I don't play games.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Shad Shadson » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:31 pm

@ tenks:
Spoiler:
I mean yeah I figured outside of other 'cheaty' methods (like deleting the files and shit that allow the game to check whether you sold your soul or not). A lot of the characters react depending on if you killed them before or not too, it's pretty cool. The game is just fucking rad.

TEIR LIST:
Spoiler:
1. YA CAN'T BEAT SANS DUDE. There's so much shit you can find out about the guy it's unreal, just hidden easter eggs or small shit that speak to his bigger purpose. Long story short sans is the laziest badass ever and I GUARANTEE he'd spook the fuck out of you if he wasn't the sweatiest skeleton in existence.
2. Toriel b/c she's like your mom son
3. Papyrus because he's the second spookboy and he's just such a god damn bumbus. Who doesn't like Papyrus man
4. Uhh undyne I guess she ain't wack but she kinda wack
5. Flowey/You Know Who is cool I guess but he's such a fucking cocksucker all game I HATE HIM. The Genocide Run turns that shit on its head though.
EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby tenks » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:17 am

This is shit is finally picking up ayy. It's kinda funny that p much everything we can discuss here is spoiler.

@Shad
Spoiler:
Like my tier list reflects on having seen almost every tidbit of dialogue and all the facettes, that's why i like flowey and hate alphys like god the shit she pulled which is revealed in the true pacifist ending is NOT OKAY

Also, how can you not like Mettadon nigger, he's so fucking fabulous.
tenksOffline
花

Postby Waters » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Heard alot of spoiler free shit, played the demo a while ago, fucking love this game.

I pirated it and am gonna buy it when i have buckaroons just haven't played it yet.

This fucking music THAT FUCKING MEGALONAVIA REMIX UNF
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Four » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:26 am

So I finally gave in and bought the game. Best decision I have made. This game was spectacular.
Quite a bunch of spoilers.
Spoiler:
Technically I finished a genocide run first, but it was more me watching my friend do a genocide run.
First playthrough I went full pacifist and I got the neutral ending. I'd just like to say that flowey's battle really caught me off guard. That shit was fucking insane.
Then I got the true ending. Tears a whole bucket of tears. Asriels character is the saddest in the game.

Spoiler:
Tier list?
Asriel/Flowey
Sans
Burgerpants
Papyrus
Heats Flamesman
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Anton » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:14 pm

I based my character preference on gameplay.
Spoiler:
-Mettaton, most diverse gameplay, and he's the only character I really cared about.
-Sans, most amusing fight
-Papyrus, excellent introduction of the blue attack.
-Mad dummy, hmmmm eletro-swing music while dodging stuff.
-Asgore

Also, for the spoiler thingies (genocide) :
Spoiler:
I disapprove the final speech, as the fallen child told me that he would continue to erase more worlds on his way, while I considered the spread of the destruction limited to only a single fictionnal world (just like in OFF).

Seems that the game wanted to get super duper real on the character development, but I only focused on the gameplay first, the music second, and the graphics third. Everything else went to the trapdoor (except for Mettaton).

StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Next

Return to Gaming & Computers