Undertale

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Undertale

Postby Mori » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Fuck Undyne. Couldnt escape those yellow arrows in the last part.
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Waters » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 am

Played it, neutral > pacifist > true Pacisfist

Holy FUCK

H O L Y F U C K

This game,
Spoiler:
First time I saw Asgore, I felt feels. talking to him ad fighting him was difficult in more than one reason man. I love the guy. I feel some sort of way with having Asriel being Flowey. Iunno I always prefer the "the dudes just fucking insane also op lmao gg" character type. that's why I gotta say Neutral was my favorite, I got hype as fuck. Called up goat mom on pacifist run and did all the options in descending order my side were GONE man.

I went in balls out like "heh i'ma do genocide fucking pussies" but now I kinda dont want to. True Pacifist hit me mannnnn.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Lord » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Had a great time playing this game, there was a lot more to the game than I was expecting, you know ''complete the objectives, kill the bad guys'' sort of thing. I needed help to find out all of the possibilities, some I even didn't want to do ''Genocide Run''.
The made a lot of false impresssions about characters, to name a few;
Spoiler:
Mettaton, Asgore, Sans and Papyrus

It completely took me off guard, wasn't expecting it.

The game was story-driven, quite much so. Sometimes it could be annoying with all of the talking and stuff;
Spoiler:
Hotlands, Alphys cell-phone conversation with Papyrus and Blooky.
I've never played any games so story-driven.

The graphics, (understandably as the game is low-budget) were unremarkable, although as someone mentioned earlier are quite charming at times. Although I feel the limitations of the graphics cause a loss of 'emotion', to me at least.

The gameplay was great, it's cool having individual patterns for each character. The game went with the standard armour equipment, healing items, and attacking equipment, but that doesn't really bother me, it's not very important. Examining everything is crucial, as I learnt. It can get annoying though at times. But it allows you to discover a lot of easter eggs, which are littered throughout the game, even small actions can have huge impacts on the game later.
Spoiler:
Didn't find out about Undyne being 'friendly' until my second run around. That, in turn, led me to discover; Undynes training of Papyrus, Undynes back story, Alphys love for Undyne, and a host of other things I can't remember.

The characters were all very well fleshed out, my top 3, in order, were;
Spoiler:
-Flowey/Asriel-
I have a habit with empathisising for villains in books, games, and films. I notice often the motives to why they're doing horrible things. Sometimes it's twisted love, other times anger, rage or desperation, or denial, or pride. Flowey crossed me as the mastermind of the game, being the only character to have full knowledge of your existence even after you go for the 2nd run, without killing anyone. Flowey struck me (and I think most people) as a very lonely flower... Flowey wanted and needed friends.

Spoiler:
-Asgore-
Toriel made a very false impression of this guy when, on the first run, I went to leave the Ruins. Like, even his name was in capitals, and red! I was expecting a very big and dark armoured villain, who sat in a large thrown room at the top of a tall and dark castle. Instead I was greeted with a friendly, cuddly old monster who was just looking to help is people. Even the fight with him was very sad and gloomy. I held a nice soft spot for the guy. ;)

Spoiler:
-Papyrus-
I have this friend at school that I've known since I was 5. He's that friend that never really grew up. He can be annoying at times, most in my class dislike him, but he's been my friend for so long and I know what he's like. They don't. That friend reminds me of Papyrus. The dude tries very hard to be liked, and can't take you prisoner to Undyne when it comes to it. He's loud but quite friendly. Like, you know he's rather immature, but from early on for that reason, I felt like watching over him, much like Sans does.

They all struck me as very well developed characters. All the others were too, I just connected more with these 3.

The music was awesome! Very heavy-metal-retro-arcade music. Lots of guitar, quite fast, gets you into the battles and makes you forget about the graphics. My favourite theme was ''Your Best Nightmare'',
Spoiler:
for when on the first run you face Flowey.

And that's my synopsis, glad it was suggested to me, although I had to be pushed to play it more than a few times, I got into it much better halfway through it and towards the end. ;)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Mori » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Fun fact:

Spoiler:
Asriel is Flowey, Asriel is Toriel's son...Asgore is Toriel's wife, and Flowey is Asgore's brother, WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN THAT ASRIEL IS ASGORES BROTHER AND SON?????
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Michi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:28 pm

MementoMori wrote:Fun fact:

Spoiler:
Asriel is Flowey, Asriel is Toriel's son...Asgore is Toriel's wife, and Flowey is Asgore's brother, WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN THAT ASRIEL IS ASGORES BROTHER AND SON?????

You are wrong tho. I'd reply why but you haven't gotten
Spoiler:
true pacifist ending
yet so i'll keep it to myself for now.
Spoiler:
Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston - The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation
https://vk.com/doc-58650815_254012664?dl=c753708760f72ab566
Richard Williams - The Animator's Survival Kit:
https://vk.com/doc176415392_222242886?hash=5e3a8f0a7cbfa92e91&dl=bc6e3d465d2f9e012c
Spoiler:
12 Principles of Animation summarized
http://vimeo.com/93206523
Aaron Hartline and Victor Navone, animators at Pixar Animation Studios and mentors at Animation Mentor, discuss timing and spacing tips and tricks
http://www.animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/timing-and-spacing/
Pixar's 22 rules to phenomenal storytelling
http://imgur.com/gallery/E8xe0

my thread
MichiOffline
I'm trash

Previous

Return to Gaming & Computers