DOTA 2

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

DOTA 2

Postby Mayfire » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:57 am

Official Valve page - http://www.valvesoftware.com/games/dota2.html
Welcome to Dota, you suck - http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck
Dotafire - http://www.dotafire.com/
Dota 2 Alt-Tab Guides - http://www.dota2alttab.com/

So there we have it, folks. (smile
Come here for all your DOTA 2 related needs, questions, complaints or just showing off how hard you carried that last game as Voidkeeper without having anyone to contest your might. That being said, it would be nice to get some activity raised in the Gaming section, and I figured there might be some Dota players among us.
Yeah let's get this thread going. Post your dotabuff, steam profile etc, if you want, so we can add each other and maybe play a match.
My most successful heroes are Dazzle, Wisp and Phantom Lancer, post yours too and let us know why you enjoy playing them!
MayfireOffline
Active
Active

Re: DOTA 2

Postby Mitch » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:18 am

One of my favorite games all of time was dota and i've STILL hardly had the chance to play this and it fucking needs to change soon.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Lush » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:08 am

Mitch wrote:One of my favorite games all of time was dota and i've STILL hardly had the chance to play this and it fucking needs to change soon.
You better, I play a lot solo and it fucking needs to change soon.
The Team | Forum Rules | Pivot | Flash | PM
Add me on Skype: Rez.dd
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby Mitch » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:22 am

My vidya plans are constantly dashed by becoming an adult man.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Shad Shadson » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:18 am

Big fan of Purge.

Now you may not believe me, as a league-kiddie-fag, but I've played ~100 hours to try this game out. It seems fun (and a lot different to league), and I'd definitely be willing to play if I wasn't already so entrenched in league.

However, Darren plays a shit ton of DOTA. He has like 2100 hours of DOTA? He's also in the big dick elo so I have knowledge all the pro METERRRR Strats and le twitchchat memes and shit. Last I knew Darren had some big dick Huskar stats but that was ages ago so I have no clue now.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Lush » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 am

Shad Shadson wrote:Big fan of Purge.

Now you may not believe me, as a league-kiddie-fag, but I've played ~100 hours to try this game out. It seems fun (and a lot different to league), and I'd definitely be willing to play if I wasn't already so entrenched in league.

However, Darren plays a shit ton of DOTA. He has like 2100 hours of DOTA? He's also in the big dick elo so I have knowledge all the pro METERRRR Strats and le twitchchat memes and shit. Last I knew Darren had some big dick Huskar stats but that was ages ago so I have no clue now.
Huskar got hit pretty hard with nerfs a while back, reduced agility growth and the removal of that bullshit burning spears/ghost sceptre combo. He may have recently got a buff to his burning spears damage but definitely not the hero he used to be.

I'd like to know Darren's MMR.
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby Kap'n Krunch » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:37 am

Most successful heroes are Shadow Shaman, Earth shaker, and Axe.
Kap'n KrunchOffline
I didn't pay4 shit
I didn't pay4 shit

Postby Shad Shadson » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Lush wrote:
Shad Shadson wrote:Big fan of Purge.

Huskar got hit pretty hard with nerfs a while back, reduced agility growth and the removal of that bullshit burning spears/ghost sceptre combo. He may have recently got a buff to his burning spears damage but definitely not the hero he used to be.

I'd like to know Darren's MMR.

http://dotabuff.com/players/45950534

Here's his dotabuff

http://www.dota2elo.com/player/76561198006216262
Here's his Elo. OH WAIT MAYBE NOT:

He said he'll give me pictures as proof later, but yeah darren's pretty good.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Lush » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 am

Just played a game as Juggernaut (18-1), for a carry that falls off late game I feel I did well to get the win 60 minutes-in against a farmed Terrorblade, Tinker and Nature's Prophet (5 stack).

Match 620351211.

Fuck me this is the biggest throw/best comeback of all time.

phpBB [video]
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby Mayfire » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:41 am

@Rez
That day, many games were thrown. I mean sure it was amazing watching it, but honestly the dire had nearly no lategame potential apart from Gyro and maybe Gondar, while Radiant had DK and and a really fed Riki to counter them. Honestly they could've ended it anytime, but it just baffles me how bravely they defended their ancient. It makes me sad to see noobs calling GG at the 10 minute mark.
MayfireOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mayfire » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:07 am

Okay, sorry to bump but this is rather relevant. I've stumbled over some pretty damn interesting threads lately, specifically debating the best/worst hero combinations up to date.

Here are some links to help you on your adventure:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discu ... 714065/#p2
http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discu ... 1400229/?l
http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/1330 ... ne-combos/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ ... _a_friend/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ ... ro_combos/

Honestly I've read about all the comments on the steamcommunity ones, and I felt like sharing because I believe it's quite important to know which heroes go well with others and which do not.

- So far I found the Shadow Demon + Dazzle + Shadow Shaman combo to be quite the aggressive trilane (kind of oldschool but shit works). Bonus points for having more creeps around the trapped hero since the Dazzle healing bomb will surely wreck.
- Tiny + Wisp (oldschool too) is fun as hell, requires a bit of farming, but once Tony Montana goes full steam-train with his aghanims, ganks are usually piece of cake.
- Centaur + Tiny is a very potent combo for a safelane since the toss has a great range and you can stay hidden in the trees. This is a good way to compensate for Centaur's blink dagger until he gets it. I tried this with a buddy, played 5 games and won them all because it's just a priceless combo.
- KOTL + Skywrath / Phantom Lancer / Phantom Assassin / [insert any hero with spammable abilities] is a great way to ensure early harassment on the lane, just as long as Ezalor doesn't run out of mana (which is highly unlikely, though if it happens you should start the game with 4 clarity potions just for the lels)

These are but a few combos I've tried/read about. I'll stop here and give you a moment to think about other possible combos. If you read completely at least one of the thread links I posted, you will make me a very happy chap.
I'm looking forward to seeing your replies on this matter, please let's get this thread a boost of activity! (razz
MayfireOffline
Active
Active

Postby Lush » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 am

I strongly disagree with the aggressive trilane you've put up, apart from winning the lane and dominating whoever is stupid enough to remain in it there really is nothing to gain out of it since there is no carry to utilize the babysitting and space created. Supports in Dota are much more level dependent then gold dependent so to divide xp 3 ways (assuming they are terrible at making use of stacks, pulls & jungle) isn't worth the 1 or 2 kills you are likely to pick up, since the lane will likely be abandoned for no reward to the aggressors. I'd sub in anyone of those heroes for Luna, a carry that doesn't have an escape but amps up the damage of the other two heroes and can contribute a solid nuke and ministun whilst utilizing the free farm.

The other set-ups are solid, tried and true though I'm a bit iffy on the KoTL PL/PA situation. PA's dagger is best kept off cooldown for last hitting assuming she can't get up close, especially since it has a low mana cost and very low damage to begin with (only once coupled with her ultimate does it actually do feasible damage but by then the laning phase is coming to an end anyway) so in my opinion it's very poor use of Chakra in laning phase. As for the PL setup, it was a dominant set up in the past but long term both heroes have fallen off compared to other carries and supports, other than that, the lance/chakra combo is hard to beat without a Nyx to counter.
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby Mayfire » Sun May 11, 2014 4:25 pm

#rapiergaming
MayfireOffline
Active
Active

Postby ThePabo » Sat May 31, 2014 12:44 am

Just in case any of you guys still play, I'm Pabzooloo on Steam. I'm still low level (7 going to 8?), but I REALLY enjoy playing and watching competitive Dota 2. I'm probably not too good still, but I'm always willing to play and improve. Most successful heroes have to be Slardar, Venomancer, and Disruptor. My profile will probably say Crystal Maiden, but that was mainly my friend playing her lol. Also yeah, I don't like playing solo at all.
ThePaboOffline

Postby Kompressor » Sat May 31, 2014 10:41 am

ThePabo wrote:Just in case any of you guys still play, I'm Pabzooloo on Steam. I'm still low level (7 going to 8?), but I REALLY enjoy playing and watching competitive Dota 2. I'm probably not too good still, but I'm always willing to play and improve. Most successful heroes have to be Slardar, Venomancer, and Disruptor. My profile will probably say Crystal Maiden, but that was mainly my friend playing her lol. Also yeah, I don't like playing solo at all.

Hi guys, I'm friends with Pabo, we both play some Dota. I've started to get back into dota since I was focusing on league but im extremely low level like him. My favorite champion are Templar Assassin and I try to play her most of the time haha. Add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/volkner1

I went through a lot of names, NoPivot4You, Banned, Fate, Ponyo
KompressorOffline
Determined
Determined

Return to Gaming & Computers