Minecraft

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Minecraft

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:25 am

Gotta make a thread since I've recently got back into this.

I slated the game a lot for it's dropoff development rate but now I'm playing with an arseload of mods (109 in total [tekkit modpack btw]), it's so much more fun. I feel the game has a lot more purpose and as a result of which I've enjoyed playing it immensely.

Some shots from my survival save
Finally bred and slaughtered enough cows for a hazmat suit.

My ingenious biofuel generator powered quarry which runs on lava. Discards cobble dirt and sand and leaves just the goodies.

Load of my waypoints from my old base.

[Old base] testing some automation. Got a steam dyanmo linked to a leadstone battery (to regulate power output) and then a pulveriser and redstone furnace working autonomously.

Storage room at my new base

New base waypoint from my old base

View of my fledgling mountain pad

Headz

Melting down glass in my new smeltery!

A beautiful view.

Inside the base

Currently just creating all of the living spaces and fleshing them out with the correct blocks (the big glass room is going to be my study for writing new mystcraft ages and travelling to and from).
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Re: Minecraft

Postby Gary » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 am

I haven't really played Minecraft in a few months. For some reason, I can't find the game fun anymore with or without mods. Also, mining just bores me for some reason, so yeah
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 am

He has been through hell lol
My girlfriend made a tree and planted flowers around it, and now a sheep guards it C:
ASDFHSFDJWKETFDDHNNHNHNFDNNAJWAIIXIZPFPDSFSTFFF (RawGreen's Skin, couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw it)
my frend got mee a ros and then gaiv me sum mor rosz
so i got him dis sine <3
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:54 am

There are 2 types of MC player. Lmao.

Gary wrote:I haven't really played Minecraft in a few months. For some reason, I can't find the game fun anymore with or without mods. Also, mining just bores me for some reason, so yeah

>> Mining bores me
>> On the subject of minecraft

I felt the same way for a very long time- games like this require you to set your own goals and mods help a lot in adding to what you can work towards. The amount of satisfaction from creating all the components to make a fully automatic mining quarry -> pulverizer -> furnace -> storage pipeline is great. The Tekkit pack also includes mods that add to world generation; a spelunking expedition led me to a massive volcano which was pretty awesome.
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Gary » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Nah, I've used tekkit before, and it's not really for me. I like building a whole ton more than I like mining, which is why I really only used creative, but that got boring after a while too. I'm trying to get back into it tho as of late.

Also, thought this might be of some interest.
phpBB [video]
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:18 pm

You can build some amazing stuff with the microblock mod alone- creativity is what stifles your fun. Or lack of. But I can understand finding the motivation hard, hence why I like to play survival and gather the materials to build badass things.

And that is cool but vanilla minecraft will stop me from updating. It's too lackluster.
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Mat » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:19 pm

I just started playing with the Borderlands 2 Weapons mod. It's quite a fun mod to fool around with.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Waters » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am

Mat wrote:I just started playing with the Borderlands 2 Weapons mod. It's quite a fun mod to fool around with.
fuck that Flans mod is where it's at nigga
Someone get that and play on the server I play on so we can be BigDickBangers and roll out with our bitches on tap.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Lord » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

I used to play Minecraft, a friend suggested it to me. I started playing it on PC, loved it, found out it was coming out on Xbox 360, I bought the 360 version when it came out, played it for months. Then, I eventually got bored of it. I made everything I wanted to make, and the game just lost it's appeal to me. That's when I turned to Don't Starve, Minecraft is a pretty creative game, and I'm pretty creative, but I just lost interest in it and turned to a survival type game.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby qbeef » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Since this is going to get brought up eventually:

We should make a TDD minecraft server. I'd be willing to host it if someone/people can admin it and find players for it.
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿

Postby Gary » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm

I'd start playing again to be on the server.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Skype » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:36 pm

LordPivot wrote:I used to play Minecraft, a friend suggested it to me. I started playing it on PC, loved it, found out it was coming out on Xbox 360, I bought the 360 version when it came out, played it for months. Then, I eventually got bored of it. I made everything I wanted to make, and the game just lost it's appeal to me. That's when I turned to Don't Starve, Minecraft is a pretty creative game, and I'm pretty creative, but I just lost interest in it and turned to a survival type game.

That's why you play pc so you can have mods.
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Waters » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Skype wrote:
LordPivot wrote:I used to play Minecraft, a friend suggested it to me. I started playing it on PC, loved it, found out it was coming out on Xbox 360, I bought the 360 version when it came out, played it for months. Then, I eventually got bored of it. I made everything I wanted to make, and the game just lost it's appeal to me. That's when I turned to Don't Starve, Minecraft is a pretty creative game, and I'm pretty creative, but I just lost interest in it and turned to a survival type game.

This
All of this

Anyone know some mods that add more difficulty to the game? Higher spawn rates, stronger mobs, better zombies perhaps?
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Reverence » Sat May 03, 2014 1:02 am

Minecraft kinda lost it's fun after a while. It got too repetitive.
ReverenceOffline
Active
Active

Postby Kev » Sun May 04, 2014 1:30 am

Mizu wrote:
Skype wrote:

This
All of this

Anyone know some mods that add more difficulty to the game? Higher spawn rates, stronger mobs, better zombies perhaps?

there was a super realistic mod for it around during 1.3 or something, not sure if it's still updated
it basically made it realistic (crafting tools literally made you draw it out in pebbles or w/e, trees couldnt be cut down without an axe, etc)
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Next

Return to Gaming & Computers