Fighting Games

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Fighting Games

Postby Waters » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 am

Please tell me someone else here plays Tekken Tag 2/Skullgirls/Touhou Hisoutensoku/Super Street Fighter or any type of VS fighter game.

Rockin that Hwoarong+Heihachi in tag 2, flying jump kicks all day son.

Also Fighting/Vs fighting Game General
Last edited by Waters on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Re: Fighting Games

Postby Silo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:23 pm

I really like the Naruto fighting games recently, as I love the story mode.
I also did not mind the Dragon Ball Z series fighting games either ;)

Not much into the hardcore competitive ones

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby The Specter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:36 pm

Silo wrote:I really like the Naruto fighting games recently, as I love the story mode.
I also did not mind the Dragon Ball Z series fighting games either ;)

Not much into the hardcore competitive ones

Completely agree with this although I also like injustice.
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby XElite109 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm into dbz,naruto,soul calibur,tekken,super smash brothers brawl and a whole lot of other fighting games
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Waters » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:23 pm

I don't really think the Naruto games and any dbz game that's not budokai/shinbudokai/burstlimit/infinite world can be considered a fighter. It's more like and arena action game.
||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby socks » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Mizu wrote:I don't really think the Naruto games and any dbz game that's not budokai/shinbudokai/burstlimit/infinite world can be considered a fighter. It's more like and arena action game.

Anything fighting, i'm in usually. I am god of MK (in my mind)
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Waters » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Not really, NHL 13 has fighting in it but it's not a fighting games. I talking about more traditional tekken/streetfighter/MvC/MK type fighters
||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby The Specter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Just because it isnt traditional doesnt make it a fighter. NHL has fighting as a very side element to it where the naruto games are only based on fighting. I can see where youre coming from though because it takes a lot less skill but looks better, and is usually more fun to people who don't play many video games making it a causual fighter vs the more hardcore ones you listed
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby Kev » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 pm

ssbm (little bit of ssbm-/p:m), a little skullgirls, a little touhou
easily best at ssbm though
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:34 pm

i've only ever really played mortal kombat and soul caliber fighting games.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Shad Shadson » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Skullgirls Divekick and will probably eventually get Blazblue/SF4 when the release their newest versions on steam.

I'm pretty bad at fighting games, but those are the ones I play. I still stand by the idea that divekick is the best game for people who like the ideals of fighting games (mindgames, punishing, etc) without having to learn inputs/combos, and then moving on from there.

My Skullgirls Lineup is currently Filia Parasoul X. I haven't figured out who should be here. The obvious choice was Fukua but she's gone now until MikeZ brings her back to the game (IF he does). The champions I've tried to fit in were

Valentine (it worked really well, I stole an idea from Keninblack I think and used Val's throw as an assist and it was really handy in setting up combos and getting in close on Bellas and shit. This was probably my most comfortable team/choice.)

Double (Hornet Bomber OP, Severn runs/ran this team I think? It's pretty good. After I got used to barrel loop this became a lot more comfortable, but if you want to be a double worth a damn you need to know lugar loop too, though IDK if that works that well anymore (Duckator, who won EVO runs Filia/Val/Double.) )

Squigly (this was interesting, I wanted to try a weird gimmick team of filia w/ updo/roll, val w/ throw and squigs w/ silver chord and see how it worked. It's generally p bad as silver chord comes out too slowly imo unless you catch someone with it. The general idea was get a set up with 1 of the three (filia assist for defense/keepaway depending on whatever) and then combo away because all 3 characters have pretty solid and easy combos. It didn't work out for me at least, but it's still something I want to go back to.

Big Band (He's free, and I really like big band as a character. I dunno if he fits though he's too big and immobile but I feel that my team could use an big anchor like him in the lineup, I dunno I doubt it.)

DiveKick I play a ton of Kick, Jefaily and Mr.N and those are generally my big 3. I think jefaily can really fuck with people's heads if you're good at it, plus timer scam has gotten me some bullshit wins lel.

SF4 I've always been one of those scumfucks that played Akuma a ton because he's ez wins. I also just like akuma a ton. As for SF4 I really like Oni, Akuma, Sagat, Ryu, and Sakura. I also kind of liked Rose but I'm way worse at her then any of those other character (which bar like sagat, ryu and akuma I'm pretty fucking bad at all of them)
Last edited by Shad Shadson on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Gage » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 pm

I play Touhou Hisoutensoku
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Waters » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:42 pm

The Specter wrote:Just because it isnt traditional doesnt make it a fighter. NHL has fighting as a very side element to it where the naruto games are only based on fighting. I can see where youre coming from though because it takes a lot less skill but looks better, and is usually more fun to people who don't play many video games making it a causual fighter vs the more hardcore ones you listed

Fighter =/= Arena Fighter

DragonCheesecake wrote:I play Touhou Hisoutensoku

And you love it
||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Gage » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:03 am

eye doo
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Swaikha » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:29 am

If you'd like a bit of RPG in your Fighter genre,
try BladeHunter, it's fun as hell, I am currently addicted.
^click for animation thread^ :)
SwaikhaOffline
Active
Active

Next

Return to Gaming & Computers