League of Legends

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: League of draven

Postby Caleb » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:13 am

In soloq Yi wrecks because he's sort of like Shaco in the sense that he works really well against unorganized teams. If you just stick together and bait him into a death 2 times you have little to fear from him, except maybe his splitpush but people don't realize that and those wraiths are definitely worth the death.

Xin is also retarded though, flare and bork/tri, rip everyone. I played it the other day and tried to give some kills away but my damage was just too high.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Shad Shadson » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:40 am

Caleb wrote:In soloq Yi wrecks because he's sort of like Shaco in the sense that he works really well against unorganized teams. If you just stick together and bait him into a death 2 times you have little to fear from him, except maybe his splitpush but people don't realize that and those wraiths are definitely worth the death.

Xin is also retarded though, flare and bork/tri, rip everyone. I played it the other day and tried to give some kills away but my damage was just too high.

Don't do this, get ghostblade instead. 2 big reasons

1. Botrk takes so long to scale up you're 3200 gold down the pisser for only an 'alright' item on xin. It's not like cutlass is amazing before then, either, and it's not like xin NEEDS the chasing/peeling power that botrk provides. Also...

2. Xin lives and dies off of his 3 talon strike and audacious charge and how often you can use them. Yeah it's true xin scales well with attack speed, but more importantly xin scales VERY WELL with cdr. The more CDR you have, the faster you can charge-3 talon. Ghostblade is made out of bruta, which is a solid jungle buy period, and it's cheap AND it gives xin chasing potential AND it gives xin cdr. You can go blade too if you REALLY want but honestly ghostblade flare is probably better then blade flare unless they have like 3-4 tanky people because honestly xin's just supposed to be an obnoxious cunt that does a million damage to squishies. If your carries can't kill tanks there's a problem, especially with heal and exhaust allowing them to peel off for what seems like a century, and probably 1-2 people helping them peel as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0
Here's the soloq teir list I live and die by. It's made by mylixia, but he's had people like Crumbz and nightblue and I'm pretty sure even Dexter look at it and they pretty much agree with it. My thoughts as a guy who's kept his interest in the jungle since S4 (although I wouldn't say I 'Main' it anymore because I fucking hate playing one role especially when it's fucking jungle and I'm just trying to learn all the roles to a degree where I can say I'm decent at all of them. Hasn't happened yet but whatever. Plus 'main' sounds like douchebag shit and whenever I read the phrase 'I main X' I want to fucking kill someone)

1. Flare's got damn retarded, but don't underestimate the retarded spirit stone junglers as well. Khazix Pantheon Vi are still top 3 for a reason, and lee eve elise wukong and j4 are still high-teir junglers.

2. Vi can build flare and do surprisingly well, actually. That's probably why she's so high as well.

3. A lot of people think they can play any flare champion and just afk farm for the next 10 minutes and do well. That's probably not a good idea. You have to weigh the risks of sitting in your farm afk farming for 10 minutes getting your flare (ie: your team getting fucking destroyed because what are wards) or you going out and fucking doing something (maybe a kill/some pressure relieved, but now your flare is delayed by 1 minute+). That's why noc/xin are so high on this list. Nocturne's pre-6 ganks are probably like a 6-7, which is enough to relieve pressure (esp with red-buff), but the pressure you can put on at 6 is so high that even if you DID afk farm until 6 you'll probably get a surefire kill if your laner is the least bit competent (haha good joke soloq). and xin is xin, no objections. He goes to the aweena your lives are forefeit here's a tip and a spear behind it yadda yadda.

4. I dunno if I agree with some of these choices (ie: tryn > eve doesn't make sense to me,but I've only played a couple games of both and was forced into being jungle tryn so idk.) but generally they're right. I guess the late game presence of trynd outclasses eve to a point where she loses?
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Kev » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:54 pm

tryn is actually probably a secondary master yi, he splits and cleans up extremely fast and can farm just as well
still dunno about eve
i see a lot of lizard vi but i really think flare vi is best, flare gives her more damage imo but w.e
kha zix gay
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Caleb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:55 am

New champ has no nipples, supreme manliness confirmed.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Kev » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:37 am

*swoon*
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby XElite109 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:46 pm

I just downloaded league to my laptop anyone want to play with me?
Summoner name is XElite109
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Silo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:43 pm

I got Silver 3 The other day, just got lvl 30 not long ago!
Summoner name: Kibaski

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Kev » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 am

congrats get to challenger naga
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Caleb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 am

So many people say the new guy is a support. I have high hopes for his kit now, hope he won't be useless due to misplaced numbers (inb4 support and toplaner).
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Kev » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:12 pm

ok guys just to clarify
if you read the patch notes
heal debuff only applies to other summoner spell heals
not all heals in the game LOL
stop ragging on the ad going heal with a heal support
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Shad Shadson » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Caleb wrote:So many people say the new guy is a support. I have high hopes for his kit now, hope he won't be useless due to misplaced numbers (inb4 support and toplaner).

Or we get a thresh who if you removed all the damage on his spells or any one of his abilities he'd still be retarded.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Caleb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I feel like that's fine though. impaKt did a good job of explaining why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOw1EAhm-Ng

tl;dr Thresh is fine, other supports are just underpowered/bad designs.
Last edited by Caleb on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Kev » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:44 pm

i agree with this
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Caleb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:22 pm

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/ ... d-revealed

I think I found my new favorite champion.

Edit: That said, he might become a non-factor in lane if you're not up against Blitz or Leona (possibly Thresh as well, take that fuckers). He has decent peel against skillshot reliant champions and melee champions, but he doesn't really have any good engage except ult. If his Q range, damage or slow isn't that good a key part of his kit will be sort of weak. If his ult cooldown is a bit too long, he probably gets outmatched by other supports who will straight out have better CC and everything. He'll be stronger at fighting in the jungle (imagine ulting somewhere around blue buff/wolves, hnnnggg) than he will be in a teamfight in lane with sieging and stuff. If you're a bit slow, your carry's fucked. If you're fast enough, you'll feel like a god.

I think he'll be a support that works if you're good with him and/or outclass the enemies overall, but if you're not that good with him you'll primarily be a knockup bot to set up other ults like Rumble or Yasuo, but both these champs are kinda iffy at the moment so I'm not sure. Not a meta champ but definitely fun.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Kev » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:46 pm

he only has 3 sources of damage, seems like he'll be outclassed by leona
at least he can shield your carry with his own body lol
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers