General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Postby Raymond » Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Sifter wrote:Image
Anything over 20 fps would be more than enough for me. If my computer is good enough for that, I'll download it without hesitation.
Craphic card is intel hd graphics 3500. That's all I know.

Yea you probably wouldn't be able to run the game. You have a pretty bad graphics card. It looks like it's integrated. You don't have the best processor, but it's capable of running the game above 60fps on lower settings. Your ram is alright, the speed on it is low, but it's nothing that would affect your fps. Really your main problem is the graphics card. It's intel, which generally is very bad for gaming. :/
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby The Specter » Fri May 30, 2014 3:35 am

Yeah pretty much what Ray said, That graphics card will make it pretty unplayable. processor is fine and ram would probably be fine on lower settings.
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby tenks » Fri May 30, 2014 6:50 am

Aight, no idea what you guys are on about replacing the CPU since that is the only redeemable component he currently has. Seems like this is where all the money in your prebuilt PC got burned on. So 3rd generation i3 is not that bad. What's most surely going to break your neck is your graphics card. Which is integrated into the CPU and a HD 2500. Which is shit for almost everything graphics intense, regardless of supporting DX11. So you could get a cheap 60-70 bucks GPU and be p much set. The 4 gigs of ram are what makes me nervous seeing you're using Win 7 which i takes up 1 gig in it's prime. Having enough RAM is an important factor when it comes to the amount of FPS you're getting. Once your RAM is full, the game will try and load i. e. assets from your pagefile from the HDD, which is A LOT slower than the loading via RAM, resulting in catastrophic frame drops. Well.. at least its DDR3.

Since BF3 is free, just give it a run, set everything to low, most important the resolution and see what frames you are getting. If you are fine with 20 fps you might just be able to play it.

No guarantee of course.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Caleb » Fri May 30, 2014 11:37 am

Mirror's Edge is on sale on Steam guys, only €2,50. If you don't have it already or have played it from a torrent all this time I'd say get it now.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Alca » Fri May 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Caleb wrote:Mirror's Edge is on sale on Steam guys, only €2,50. If you don't have it already or have played it from a torrent all this time I'd say get it now.

I brought this game last time it was on sale. Pretty decent game and worth getting for that price.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Waters » Fri May 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Dammit steam stop taking my money.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Caleb » Fri May 30, 2014 6:05 pm

I've been looking at Transistor. Has anyone played it? I wanna know if it's worth it.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Raymond » Fri May 30, 2014 7:46 pm

tenks wrote:Aight, no idea what you guys are on about replacing the CPU since that is the only redeemable component he currently has.

I said it wasn't the best processor, but I never said he would have to replace it. I think it's fine to run BF3.

Sifter if you can upgrade your computer. Idk if it's a laptop or not, but upgrading to 8GB of RAM wouldn't cost you much. 4GB isn't terrible and will definitely run a game like BF3. I ran BF3 on my laptop which had 4GB of ram and it was DDR2. You have DDR3, but the speed of your ram isn't that great. That would bring down your frames like tenks said. I just bought 8GB of RAM like 6 weeks ago and had it shipped for about $65. If you have extra slots you could buy 4GB for half that price and just add it onto the 4 you have now.

Tenks mentioned you could buy a new Graphics Card for about 60-70 that would run BF3. If you spent about $150 you'd get something really decent that would be well worth your money. Something you wouldn't have to worry about upgrading for the new games. Anything that looks nicer than BF3 wouldn't run on a card you could buy for 60-70 though. Unless tenks knows where you can get some good deals, that just seems really cheap. I'm thinking of like a GTX 660. My friend just bought two of them for $150 a piece.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby The Specter » Fri May 30, 2014 8:34 pm

@caleb I can't vouch for it myself but my friend got it and is in love with it. Like an annoying amoun of love. Like my mom doesn't love me that much
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby SIFTER » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:32 am

Has anyone tried Knifeparty-Centipede on osu?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Waters » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:50 am

Ultra dropped today

I'm so fucking ready

Makoto: Projectile invincibility with Abare
FJGUFIGSAHSKJGBLKB oh jesus yes YES YES
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Gage » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:51 am

Wonderland Online Wonderland Online Wonderland Online Wonderland Online
It's capable on Windows 7 now! \o/
The Nostalgia is big for me on this one
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Juke » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 am

All I play is fifa14
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Anton » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 am

I wanted to 100% half minute hero, but the last script on the last mission makes a beautiful crash, everytime i try.
It is so frustrating.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby ThePabo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am

Mizu wrote:Ultra dropped today

I'm so fucking ready

Makoto: Projectile invincibility with Abare
FJGUFIGSAHSKJGBLKB oh jesus yes YES YES

Ugh, when will they just move on to SFV or some new IP? The rehashing of Cammy already struck a nerve, and now there's apparently a bunch of unblockables being found already. Crapcum at it again. Ah well, I'll just be playing DFO and Dota 2 while I wait for E3.
ThePaboOffline

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers