General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Postby Shad Shadson » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:14 pm

tenks wrote:yeah and divekick is the epitome of graphical fidelity

It's not but neither is fucking arkham knight. Have you seen those fucking models and textures? They look like fucking shit. Half the time the shit that streams in doesn't even come in. Yeah, it's a LOT better looking then divekick, but arkham knight doesn't even look that good in its own right.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby maxmushroom » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Yeah... I picked up an Apple Macintosh LC III with a tower containing hard drives with games and such on them.
And a freaking boxload of 3.5" Floppy disks
wtf the flip

{ website | pivot thread | flash thread | meme menus | easytoon }
maxmushroomOffline
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:18 am

I've been playing Life is Strange and it's this choose-your-own-adventure in video game form. You play as an 18 year old girl at an academy and it's a welcome change from lots of games. The choices you make actually have a huge effect on the story from what I've seen. The story branches quite a bit and the smallest things you do can have a huge effect. The rewind power that the girl has is done really well. Some of the puzzles are really clever and I liked the story. I feel like the dialogue is so accurate... It's exactly like how teenagers in that environment talk. I was surrounded by a lot of people like that at high school and my first years of uni.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Lord » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:23 am

Jojishi wrote:I've been playing Life is Strange and it's this choose-your-own-adventure in video game form. You play as an 18 year old girl at an academy and it's a welcome change from lots of games. The choices you make actually have a huge effect on the story from what I've seen. The story branches quite a bit and the smallest things you do can have a huge effect. The rewind power that the girl has is done really well. Some of the puzzles are really clever and I liked the story. I feel like the dialogue is so accurate... It's exactly like how teenagers in that environment talk. I was surrounded by a lot of people like that at high school and my first years of uni.

Been watching people play that, I feel like it's more of a movie or TV series than a game. It's very compelling.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Waters » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:15 pm

I love/hate the game, I love it's story, elements and art stlye, BUT IT'S FUCKING DIALOGUE JUST GETS SO FUCKING BAD AT TIMES.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Raymond » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:11 am

Jim/Bladez showed me this website. You can find some really nice deals on it. Right now a lifetime premium license for Malewarebytes is going for $0.62. Just download the free trial, purchase one of the keys from here and use it to activate the product. Purchasing from this site is a bit tricky at first though. There will be multiple people selling the product, make sure you buy from the people with a lot of ratings at 100% and uncheck G2A shield before you purchase anything from this site otherwise they will pin you into paying $1.11 for that. They also charge you $0.41 for all purchases. So Malewarebytes will actually be $1.03, but that's still a steal for a lifetime premium membership. There are also a lot of games you can buy on here which you can get steam keys for or uplay codes. Just thought I would share it. The Malewarebytes deal is only going on for the next 11 hours I think, but if you see this in time I highly recommend it. Also you can purchase stuff without making an account which is nice.

https://www.g2a.com/

Note: After you make the purchase, don't get nervous when it says "Average Wait time: 5 minutes." It takes time to process the CD Key, but after the time is up it will give you a button that says "Redeem CD Key" or something along those lines. Click on it and then click the checkbox, it will then give you the key you bought.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Will » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:34 am

So I recently bought a new 3TB HDD after having 500GB for ages.

Raymond wrote:Jim/Bladez showed me this website. You can find some really nice deals on it. Right now a lifetime premium license for Malewarebytes is going for $0.62. Just download the free trial, purchase one of the keys from here and use it to activate the product. Purchasing from this site is a bit tricky at first though. There will be multiple people selling the product, make sure you buy from the people with a lot of ratings at 100% and uncheck G2A shield before you purchase anything from this site otherwise they will pin you into paying $1.11 for that. They also charge you $0.41 for all purchases. So Malewarebytes will actually be $1.03, but that's still a steal for a lifetime premium membership. There are also a lot of games you can buy on here which you can get steam keys for or uplay codes. Just thought I would share it. The Malewarebytes deal is only going on for the next 11 hours I think, but if you see this in time I highly recommend it. Also you can purchase stuff without making an account which is nice.

https://www.g2a.com/

Note: After you make the purchase, don't get nervous when it says "Average Wait time: 5 minutes." It takes time to process the CD Key, but after the time is up it will give you a button that says "Redeem CD Key" or something along those lines. Click on it and then click the checkbox, it will then give you the key you bought.

G2A is great for saving money but it also means the money goes to some random seller rather than the developer. I did, however, buy Witcher 3 for £18 and asscreed Rogue for about £10, so I like it muchly.
WillOffline
Professional

Postby Shad Shadson » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:16 pm

The problem with G2A (and Kinguin, among others I've forgotten) are that they're gray market sellers. That means they:

1. Aren't Reliable. Obviously you mention this but you could just get ripped off.
2. The keys could be non genuine, stolen from a database or something and then sold for 'cheaper' prices. In most cases, these games then get invalidated and you've spent $30-$40 on nothing.

So yeah, I generally don't use gray market sellers, but I don't have a problem if others do. Just be sure you know what you're getting into.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Pistol » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Shad Shadson wrote:The problem with G2A (and Kinguin, among others I've forgotten) are that they're gray market sellers. That means they:

1. Aren't Reliable. Obviously you mention this but you could just get ripped off.
2. The keys could be non genuine, stolen from a database or something and then sold for 'cheaper' prices. In most cases, these games then get invalidated and you've spent $30-$40 on nothing.

So yeah, I generally don't use gray market sellers, but I don't have a problem if others do. Just be sure you know what you're getting into.

AFAIK whenever I've bought games from those companies they offer a guarantee on the key for an extra $2, which essentially allows you to get around any problems like that as they'll just send you a new key, but if you don't spend the extra on a guarantee then yeah expect to get fucked eventually.
PistolOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Pistol wrote:
Shad Shadson wrote:The problem with G2A (and Kinguin, among others I've forgotten) are that they're gray market sellers. That means they:

AFAIK whenever I've bought games from those companies they offer a guarantee on the key for an extra $2, which essentially allows you to get around any problems like that as they'll just send you a new key, but if you don't spend the extra on a guarantee then yeah expect to get fucked eventually.

Yea, from my experience, as long as you buy the shield you have nothing to worry about. But without it, you'll get scewed over. I bought Warcraft 3 for like, $1 without the shield, and never got a key.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Tom » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:47 pm

I never used the shield and all my keys have worked lol. G2A also clearly tells you where the keys are allowed to be used.
You can't use a cheap Russian key if you live in the US, that would lead to a ban. Watch out for that. I only use the site for
older games anyway, newer games I buy off steam to support the devs.
TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Lolzafish » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Mr. Iwata :'(
LolzafishOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Daniël » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:04 am

Lolzafish wrote:Mr. Iwata :'(

Rest in peace, you magnificent man.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby maxmushroom » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:48 am

IT'S... IT'S HAPPENING.
wtf the flip

{ website | pivot thread | flash thread | meme menus | easytoon }
maxmushroomOffline
VIP

Postby Strider » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm gonna wait a bit before upgrading to Windows 10, I've heard a lot of shady stuff concerning privacy and tracking of different things. Also, it seems there's a lot of consistency issues in terms of aesthetics and layout styles - which is something that would bother me a lot.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers