General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Postby Grams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:39 pm

finally got my free g300s replacement for my g100s

IT'S LIT BOYS
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Vito » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:13 am

Grams wrote:Image
finally got my free g300s replacement for my g100s

IT'S LIT BOYS

Cool bro. I only use Logitech lol.
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Grams wrote:Image

Beat this.
to be serious for a sec i still need to upgrade my mouse and mousepad.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Grams » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 pm

can't day I've seen a lot of circular mouse pads

If you want a new pad just get a steelseries pad, they're like $8 or something
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Daniël » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:18 pm

A friend of mine did a TedX Talk about the destigmatization of gaming. I figured you guys might find it interesting, if you do, give it a like and maybe share.
phpBB [video]
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Vito » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:45 am

Have anyone here bought a copy of this? The animation was beautifully animated and the audacious storyline <3 <3
phpBB [video]
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:36 am

I've been told it's a really good game. If you're considering to buy it, you definitely should.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Leo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:57 am

Any MMORPG games you guys play?
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Omega » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:17 am

Leo wrote:Any MMORPG games you guys play?

TERA is the one i play the most. Tried Aion, but the controls are very weird, it looks really nice tbh, but i just didnt feel like learning again how to play an mmo. Tried Guild Wars 2, but i played it mostly with some buds. Out of that i never touched the game again.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Leo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 am

Cunt Crusader wrote:
Leo wrote:Any MMORPG games you guys play?

TERA is the one i play the most. Tried Aion, but the controls are very weird, it looks really nice tbh, but i just didnt feel like learning again how to play an mmo. Tried Guild Wars 2, but i played it mostly with some buds. Out of that i never touched the game again.

Okay thanks. I search one of your suggested mmorpg games, that graphics are great too. But now I'm trying to play the Arc.
Thanks with these suggestion any ,Crus.
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Raymond » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:33 am

I feel like it's more of an anime based game, but Blade and Soul is a pretty good MMORPG. It's free to play. I haven't played it much, but the graphics and combat system are probably the best thing about it. Leveling is kind of monotonous. From what I could tell it's just the generic quests, go here, collect 10 items, turn them in, etc. So it can get kind of boring and there isn't that much of a variety in armor/weapons. It seems like you keep the same armor/weapons and just upgrade them as you level. (But there are different cosmetic outfits you can get) It's made by NCSOFT, the same developers who made Guild Wars. So if you like that game you'll probably like Blade and Soul. I played it for about a week and then got bored. I used to play World of Warcraft a lot, which when it first came out had a larger variety of stuff to do then it does now, but even today's WoW has more stuff to do than Blade and Soul. I guess that's why I got bored of it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Omega » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:08 pm

If you could compare Tera and Blade-and-Soul, more gameplay wise i mean, which one would you say its better? Also, in terms of difficulty. Because, i like the movements of the characters on Tera... but sometimes they feel too basic, and in the case of the latest classes like Gunner and Brawler... Gunner all it does is fire the same cannon ball over and over, then different powers are added but Brawler moves seem kind of rushed and the reactions of the enemies are... honestly... dumb as hell. Besides, theres no aerial combat, you cant jump and strike or anything, you could even say jumping is almost useless. As soon as you jump and get hit, you get knocked down.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Raymond » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:26 pm

I've never played Tera so I can't say which is better. Is Tera free to play, and if so would you say it's any good? But here's a list of what I liked and didn't like about Blade & Soul.

Cons:
-Same generic quests most MMO's have
-Not much variety in spells unless you change your class
-Hardly any variety in armor/weapons, you can only upgrade them (There is a pie chart in your inventory which is separate from your armor. It's kind of like set pieces, as you get similar pieces you get set bonuses, but from what I can tell there isn't that many sets, unless there is more at max level. I'm only level 25.)

Pros:
-The combat is fun and different from any MMO I've played. It gets repetitive, but the animations are well done and all the attacks sync up well with each other. You can even block attacks if you time it right and then counter afterwards.
-The character models look nice.
-You also unlock different outfits as you level up, but those are purely cosmetic so they don't affect your stats.
-The game has decent graphics
-The cut scenes are pretty cool to watch, somewhat corny and cliché, but the story isn't that bad if you follow the main quest line.

Overall it was fun, not my favourite MMO though. It just depends on what you like. Also to answer your other question, Blade & Soul is very easy. I would say too easy since you can block pretty much every attack.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Omega » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Tera is free to play.
Raymond wrote:Cons:
-Same generic quests most MMO's have
-Not much variety in spells unless you change your class
-Hardly any variety in armor/weapons, you can only upgrade them (There is a pie chart in your inventory which is separate from your armor. It's kind of like set pieces, as you get similar pieces you get set bonuses, but from what I can tell there isn't that many sets, unless there is more at max level. I'm only level 25.)

-Same generic quests most MMO's have... as well as very repetitive ones.
-Spells... if im not wrong there are like most... 14 on each character
-Theres a big variety of armors in the sense that there are a lot with different stats, but the designs are like... 4 or 5 top, being gauntlets, armor, and boots. You can upgrade them to level 9.

Raymond wrote:Pros:
-The combat is fun and different from any MMO I've played. It gets repetitive, but the animations are well done and all the attacks sync up well with each other. You can even block attacks if you time it right and then counter afterwards.
-The character models look nice.
-You also unlock different outfits as you level up, but those are purely cosmetic so they don't affect your stats.
-The game has decent graphics
-The cut scenes are pretty cool to watch, somewhat corny and cliché, but the story isn't that bad if you follow the main quest line.

-Same
-TBH the character designs are nice, the monsters can also look badass, some do look dumb as fuck. But some bosses look godly.
-You dont unlock outfits aside from the ones you get from getting higher level armor, you can get outfits but those require either real money or shit load of farming for coupons, also, they dont grant any special benefit towards your stats
-Very good graphics for a free MMO
-Cut scenes can be great... however theyre ruined by horrible voice acting, dont even ask me about the story because i honestly... couldnt care less about it.

Most of the times, ive seen Tera always at either First or top 3 in Best Free MMORPGS videos. I cant complain about the game, because it really isnt pay to win, its more... pay to look pimping or sluttish as fuck. I've never tried PvP but ive read that it can be very stressful because there is no level lock areas, so a level 65 (which is the max level) can go and fuck a level 32. However... if you have a partner or actually know your shit, you could win or at least get away from such a terrible situation. Still... if you die, you really dont lose anything other than stamina which burns slowly as you use attacks and this reduces your max health, but it doesnt cost too much to get it back.
Raids can be reaaaaaally fun, and even more with people you know, some mics and it gets intense. Even if youve joined a PVE server, you can duel against someone, and it stops when youre at 1 HP left.

I feel like classes are not balanced though... The latest ones Brawler and Gunner have been considered the most OP ones so far, aside from the Reaper, but you gotta have a level 40 character to be able to create a reaper, which i think is really good since it can be a complicated class, by level 40 you should already have enough experience to know wtf youre doing. Instead... those other classes are already op since the beginning. My highest level character is a Gunner, in raids it makes a healer completely needless as you have a machine that heals you like crazy, now try that in PvP... Also, ive seen the community being a bit sad that the healer classes havent received any buff or update in a long time, so if you like that class... prepare to be a bit dissapointed because itd be hard to do shit on your own.

Going back to the reaper class, if im not wrong, it has a different storyline from the other classes and i felt this one was at least more interesting. Only issue is...
Spoiler:

You look like a loli... and your second option is...
Spoiler:

A dark loli...

However, the gameplay with this character actually feels fun as there are different and more detailed animations with this class that make you feel badass.

I like Tera and the issues that can be addressed are the same as the ones with other MMOS, repetitive quests, grinding, etc.
My only real complain would be... its too easy. Unless you go with medic classes, youre going to feel the game like a breeze. Yeah maybe some enemies will take a loooooot longer if youre too much underleveled... but still, knowing at least how to dodge right, you wont die. In the time ive played, ive only died 3 times and 2 were because my internet left me during a raid, and 1 because i went for coffee and left my character right in the middle of an enemy spawn point.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Raymond » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:27 pm

It sounds like a clone of Blade & Soul lol. I would try it out, but I probably wouldn't play it much. Between work, animation, life shit, and other games like League/Wow/Diablo 3/SC2, I just don't have the time to get into another MMORPG. I started with Wow years ago when my cousin got me into it, and I can't seem to find another that compares to it. But even Wow gets boring after awhile, which is why I stick to F2P games like League, Diablo, and SC2. They're games you can jump into whenever without missing much.

I thought I had some screenshots of B&S, but I guess not. If I ever get around to playing it again I'll post some here.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers