The Stanley Parable

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

The Stanley Parable

Postby Coweetie » Tue May 27, 2014 4:22 pm

this is the game for everyone who likes choices in games.
and getting blamed for the choices you make.

you get the choice, however, but somehow you don't have any choice.

The game follows YOUR direction. Every choice you make changes the entire game history.
There is one "right" ending, the ending the game is supposed to end. it takes about 10 minutes to go to the right ending- this happens when you follow the narrator's lead.
everything else is directed by you.
One ending I liked the most was the confusion ending. the narrator can't even remember the story but tries to make you go back to the original storyline. Experience it on your own, I don't want to spoiler any cool stuff of it. It's really really worth it. (thumbsup

Since this is made on the portal engine, it doesn't even cost that much. but it is a real high quality experience.

I liked this trailer best.
(the game developers get emails of people who played the game. and respond to it)
phpBB [video]

( i hope you notice thi video is sarcastic.)
it doesn't tell you about the story of the game but you can hear the narrator's voice.
the gameplay, well, keeps being hidden,which is good.
this trailer shows you exactly what you can get from the game. the narrator will comment all your steps.yes.
this is a game you have to experience on your own. if you watch lets plays or spoiler yourself of everything in the game, it wouldnt be that funny to play.

i loved how the game just shakes you awake and hits you to the head. It lets you run through the wall and then let you through it.
Last edited by Coweetie on Tue May 27, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Re: The Stanley Parable

Postby Alca » Tue May 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Loved this game, played both the original mod and the remake. Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something different. I spent quite a while getting every single ending.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Axon » Tue May 27, 2014 4:29 pm

I haven't played it in a while b/c my laptop can barely run it, I don't have all the endings yet and I'm not sure I ever will lol, really great game though, funny, clever and ~fresh~ would recommend

and Raphael is a hopping idiot
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Coweetie » Tue May 27, 2014 4:50 pm

and Raphael is a hopping idiot

yes he is, but that's the point of the trailer. :D

i am still playing this, even though i got every ending and broke everything possible. (broke it by cheating which was brought to me by guides of steam. there is a way to open shut doors with it and therefore you can see the portals,which is veery disturbing.)
I once got up all the way to the bosses office and went back with the cheat. there was a 128.128 grey wall at the second door choice.

well...its just fascinating and stunning. I love how they built this, and how they "broke" it in the other choice's versions.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Llama » Tue May 27, 2014 8:24 pm

I watched a guy (Markiplier) do a play through of this game. It was really neat to have the narrator respond and react to the choices you make in the game. It actually made my head hurt thinking about it, but it was pretty fun.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Return to Gaming & Computers