Ableton Help

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Ableton Help

Postby tuna » Thu May 29, 2014 1:09 pm

I have several questions about recording live instruments into Ableton Live 9, if anyone can help me that's be great.
So I've worked out how to use my mixer and get Ableton to recognise it as an input. I've tried recording a little bass riff into it and encountered some problems.

1. There is a lot of latency (lag) which is really off putting. I've gone around some settings that supposedly reduce latency, but it's had minimal effect. If anyone's got any tips on reducing latency I'd be happy to hear them.

2. This is a mixer problem, it's quiet coming out, but sounds like it's clipping or/and has lots of gain. Gain is on next to zero (because you have to have some or it won't make any noise), and it's certainly not clipping. If anyone knows why it sounds like this, that'd be great to know.

3. I can't add audio effects, whether it's pre-recorded or not, it doesn't let me add it on because it's got the circle with a cross through it when I drag it on.

4. If I record sounds into a new audio channel, it also records the first channel content at the same time. If you have anything else playing (eg: on youtube), it records it as well. I want the input to be from the mixer only (which I thought/think it was) so I'm not sure why that's happening.

5. Here's the big one, if I set the Audio channel input to 'Auto' or 'On', I get no sound, but I get a sort of hissing echo that gets really loud. If I set it to 'Off', I get a sound, but when I record it, there are little jumps/gaps missing from the audio that are in time with the echoes you get from the other two settings previously mentioned.
Here's what it sounds like (playing a bass with speakers turned all the way down to avoid being off put by lag)
It's not a download so don't worry
Spoiler:
Here's the waveform.

So any help on any of these would be great, Google didn't provide any answers (that worked).
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Return to Gaming & Computers