Pokémon

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Pokémon

Postby Extra » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:29 am

Went and got myself the game.
Went witht the gay water starter, not dissapointed.
I also have Salandit, Magnemite, Mudbray and Gumshoos.

Gumshoos will be switched out later on, I just had to get Trump in pokemon form.

At the end of the second island at the moment, been playing for 12 hours and I'm really enjoying it so far.
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Daniël » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:42 pm

So I beat the game in like 3 days, because I was really diehard about it.

My team for beating the league:
Vikavolt
Decidueye
Salazzle
Toucannon
Vikavolt
Lycanrock
Crabominable

On my second try I swapped out Decidueye for Shiinotic, because I don't really like Decidueye that much and I like how much Shiinotic looks like a Dr Seuss character.

The game was great, too short, but great. I'm gonna try and fill the Alola Pokedex now. At least it's possible again to catch 'em all. (I'm currently on 120 caught.)

By the way, Extra, make sure your Salandit is female if you want it to evolve. I found out about this the hard way.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Extra » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm gonna be honest and say i read about the female only evolution on Polygon, so I know man.
But thanks for looking out (Y)
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Schmitty » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:19 am

I know that Sun and Moon are out now, so there's more Pokemon. But nothing is going to make me feel any less accomplished.

http://www.livingdex.xyz/user/schmitty

I FUCKING DID IT! 721 POKEMON ALL CAPTURED, BRED, AND RECEIVED VIA GIFTS! Meloetta was finally made available via mystery gift. So after 2 long years, and a lot of procrastinating, I have finally completed my OR Living Dex.

Now to Pokemon Bank them over to Sun, and get a living Dex completed there too.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Raymond » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Schmitty wrote:I FUCKING DID IT! 721 POKEMON ALL CAPTURED, BRED, AND RECEIVED VIA GIFTS!

God damn Schmitty, that's dedication.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Extra » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Schmitty wrote:I know that Sun and Moon are out now, so there's more Pokemon. But nothing is going to make me feel any less accomplished.

http://www.livingdex.xyz/user/schmitty

I FUCKING DID IT! 721 POKEMON ALL CAPTURED, BRED, AND RECEIVED VIA GIFTS! Meloetta was finally made available via mystery gift. So after 2 long years, and a lot of procrastinating, I have finally completed my OR Living Dex.

Now to Pokemon Bank them over to Sun, and get a living Dex completed there too.

gg little man
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Cressel » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:46 pm

So there are a lot of changes on the competitive play.
Starting with status conditions, Thunder Wave is only 90% accurate now and paralysis halves the speed instead of the old 75% decrease. Confusion only makes you hit yourself 1/3 of the time instead of the old 1/2, Burn only deals 1/16 of damage instead of 1/8, Dark Void is 50% accurate and now only Darkrai can use it (Rip doubles Smeargle). Destiny Bond also fails if spammed.

Abilities were nerfed, type boosting abilities like Aeralite only boost 20%, Parental Bond's second hit only does 25%, Prankster doesn't work on Dark types, And Gale Wings only works with full HP.

Mega Evolutions get the speed boost the turn they mega evolve so no need for turn 1 protect anymore, Mega Bannette gets prankster priority the turn it mega evolves and now Mega Sableye doesn't.

I'm really okay with these changes.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Daniël » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Congratulations Schmitty, since there aren't that many new Pokémon you'll have an instant full 800 once Pokebank is out, I'm guessing.

I've been working on my Alolan Pokédex and I'm at 90%. Right now all that I'm missing are trade evolutions and Moon-eclusives. I'm hoping a friend of mine will purchase Moon and I can convince him to send me his Pokémon.

Cressel wrote:So there are a lot of changes on the competitive play.
Starting with status conditions, Thunder Wave is only 90% accurate now and paralysis halves the speed instead of the old 75% decrease. Confusion only makes you hit yourself 1/3 of the time instead of the old 1/2, Burn only deals 1/16 of damage instead of 1/8, Dark Void is 50% accurate and now only Darkrai can use it (Rip doubles Smeargle). Destiny Bond also fails if spammed.

Abilities were nerfed, type boosting abilities like Aeralite only boost 20%, Parental Bond's second hit only does 25%, Prankster doesn't work on Dark types, And Gale Wings only works with full HP.

Mega Evolutions get the speed boost the turn they mega evolve so no need for turn 1 protect anymore, Mega Bannette gets prankster priority the turn it mega evolves and now Mega Sableye doesn't.

I'm really okay with these changes.

I think many of these changes aren't so bad, but I really disagree with the Thunder Wave nerf. It used to be great speed control and now 2 Dragon Dances already make up for it. Though my biggest problem with this is the 90% accuracy. I strongly dislike inaccurate moves, it's really frustrating when they miss. In my opinion they should have decreased the full paralyze chance to 10% or something instead if they really felt like nerfing it.

I also really dislike that they nerfed Gengar... It's such a cool and versatile Pokémon that it just hurts a little.

Hurray for Dark Void nerf though, I fucking hate Smeargle. I think VGC '17 is a really great format anyway. I dislike ugly legendaries in general and except for those Ultra Beasts, there aren't that many of 'em. Though all UB's with exception of Nihilego are a real eyesore. Just look at fucking Buzzwole and Necrozma...
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Cressel » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:12 pm

I personally think T wave was too free to use, Toxic is 90% accurate too and Will O Wisp is 85%, this feels right to me.

And I agree about Gengar, he never felt broken or anything he's frail enough already. Cursed Body doesn't even have an use with Gengar.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Schmitty » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:57 am

I'm indifferent to the Gengar nerf, as I rarely used him. It kind of makes sense though, as he was standing on the ground, so having Levitate was weird in my opinion.

Also, I'm really digging the fact that we have more weather setters. Pelipper getting Drizzle is especially huge. Now we have a Rain setter with access to reliable recovery (outside of Rest) and semi decent bulk.

Daniël wrote:I've been working on my Alolan Pokédex and I'm at 90%. Right now all that I'm missing are trade evolutions and Moon-eclusives. I'm hoping a friend of mine will purchase Moon and I can convince him to send me his Pokémon.

Why not catch the Sun exclusive Pokemon and put them on the GTS for the Moon exclusive Pokemon? That's what I tend to do, and it's worked very well in the past.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:50 am

Cressel wrote:I personally think T wave was too free to use, Toxic is 90% accurate too and Will O Wisp is 85%, this feels right to me.

In my opinion, Toxic and Will-O-Wisp should have been boosted in accuracy instead. Either way, Thunder Wave is just a means speed control, Will-O-Wisp can almost completely shutdown an opponent. The big plus for Thunder Wave was that you're guaranteed not to waste a turn as you're definitely going to outspeed next turn. Now it just seems like a waste of a move slot.

And excellent alternative would be having these moves hit for 100% if they were by a same type user. Either way I think the Thunder Wave nerve kind of sucks, should have just changed the paralyze chance...

Schmitty wrote:
Daniël wrote:I've been working on my Alolan Pokédex and I'm at 90%. Right now all that I'm missing are trade evolutions and Moon-eclusives. I'm hoping a friend of mine will purchase Moon and I can convince him to send me his Pokémon.

Why not catch the Sun exclusive Pokemon and put them on the GTS for the Moon exclusive Pokemon? That's what I tend to do, and it's worked very well in the past.

I'm expecting a friend or two will get the game once the Christmas break hits and I'm patient.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:57 am

In case anyone doesn't know, you can get Magearna if you're in USA, Europe and Australia. All you gotta do is scan one of these 2 QR Codes, and go see a man in the Hau'oli shopping district. You can find him in the main shopping area, in front of the Hyper Training desk.

Spoiler:
USA Code

EU/Aus Code
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Extra » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:59 pm

playing pokemon Alpha Sapphire, doing some good old wondertrade.
and I got a shiny Regigas.
from a scale to 1 - 10, how hacked?
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Schmitty » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:33 am

Check the IV's. If it has 6 max IV's, definitely hacked.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Extra » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:15 am

Yeh, it's a hackmon.
Figured so.

Also, finished the moon dex now, working on catching shiny Salandit.
I wanna die.

I also have gotten Shiny Yungooos, Caravanna and Trubbish as of this moment, so I'm having my share of fun with the game.
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers