Pokémon

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Pokémon

Postby Daniël » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:27 am

I'm gonna choose not to look at the leaks for now. I did see the evolution of Pikipek in a glimpse already, but I'll try to keep the rest a surprise. Takes a lot of self-restrain to not look at all the leaks tho. As for Litten, a lot of the new models are made with the animators in mind. Now I haven't seen the image, but this might explain design choices to a limited extend. They also remodeled Ash for the anime.

Anyway, has anyone played the demo yet? It's not that interesting, to be honest, but I'll take anything at this point. In 17 days there's a new mission according to some police officer in my demo, so I'll just wait that one out for now.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:57 am

The demo is rather boring, but it's something at least. Kind of wish it let you use new Pokemon too, instead of that ugly looking Greninja. Also, kind of annoying how you can't even keep any of the Pokémon you catch. It also seems like there are a few events that are going to be happening in the demo. I spoke to a person and they asked me to come back and see them in 5 days time. Another told me to come back in 14 days.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Schmitty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:27 am

DOUBLE POST BUT I DON'T FUCKING CARE!
phpBB [video]

TEAMING UP WITH OLD TRAINERS! RED AND BLUE MAKE A RETURN! DECIDUEYE (ROWLET'S FINAL EVO) BECOMES GRASS/GHOST AND IS BASICALLY THE BADDEST MOTHER FUCKER OUT! PRIMARINA (POPPLIO WATER/FAIRY) AND INCINEROAR (LITTEN FIRE/DARK) ARE THERE TOO BUT NO ON FUCKING CARES ABOUT THEM! ALL THE STARTERS FINAL FORMS HAVE SIGNATURE MOVES!

I CAN NOT CONTAIN MY HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!

YES ALL CAPS IS NECESSARY!
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Hell yeah man! This is gonna be fucking dope.

I like how they started with an awesome Grass/Ghost Owl with rebranded Shadow Tag en ended with a gayfish with the torrent ability. How is anyone not gonna choose Rowlet.

Also, I hope Red's got some mean Pokémon. Would be fuckin' lame if they were lower level than they were in Gold. That just wouldn't make sense.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Caleb » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:20 pm

It better be a full level 100 team.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Daniël » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Caleb wrote:It better be a full level 100 team.

Hell yeah man, with competitive sets!

Pikachu with a Light Ball and that Z-move must hit hella hard. Wolfe Glick won VGC worlds this year with a Raichu, which set could also be used.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Caleb » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Wait, wasn't a Z move because of a held item? I'm pretty sure you can't combine them.

Honestly they should've made Red's Pikachu fat. Kind of a missed chance imo.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Daniël » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:13 pm

You're right actually Caleb, I forgot about that.

Just 20 days before release, I'm excited. And also jealous that the US gets it 5 days earlier.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:15 am

http://www.livingdex.xyz/user/schmitty

ONE MORE! I NEED ONE MORE FUCKING POKEMON TO COMPLETE MY LIVE DEX! Problem is, this Pokemon in Particular (Meloetta), wont be available to everyone until after S+M releases. Meaning I wont have a live dex and will have to fill out the Gen 7 dex to have it. I am so close I can taste it, and I can't find anyone willing to trade me a Meloetta because she'll be available soon.

Not anything to contribute, just me being sad at being so close to my goal, only to have it ripped away from me in a few weeks.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:13 am

Chin up Schmitty! You'll have the Alolan Pokédex filled in no time!
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:13 pm

So how about that Pokemon Sun and Moon, huh? I'm not too far into it yet, only just got to the second island. I'm definitely enjoying the game, and the removal of HM's is a huge plus.

One thing I am really annoyed at though, some of the stat distributions for the new Pokemon suck. For example, Vikavolt may have an intimidating 145 Special Attack, but it has an abysmal speed stat of 43. Which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have such an average bulk of 77/90/75. And then there's Decidueye, who was revealed as a super fast silent killer. What super fast Pokemon has a speed stat of 70? Probably something stupid to get upset about, but those 2 were among my most anticipated Pokemon from this generation. Such a shame to see them have such poor stat distribution.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:01 pm

On Wednesday I'm going to buy the game ASAP. Goddamn I'm hyped.

But I agree about Rowlett. Though it's normal for Bug-types to be shit.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:05 am

Yea that's true, but then we get motherfuckers like Volcarona and Galvantula. I guess I just had too high expectations for them. On the plus side, at least Sun Lycanroc (Rockruff) and Salazzle (Salandit) seem promising, both being glass cannons.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:48 am

Yeah I was drunk when I wrote that. I actually wanted to electric beetle to be dope. Not that anything can be as cool as Volcarona.

Just three more days...
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:13 am

So apparently in Gen 7, Flygon was given access to Dragon Dance. Holy mother fucking shit.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers