Pokémon

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Pokémon

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Schmitty wrote:I guess that also depends on whether his Phyiscal or Special attack stat is boosted. Although I've never used Glalie before, so I have no idea what his move pool is like. I wonder what they're going to do with Mega Steelix though. With an ability like Sand Force, it seems like they're trying to make him more of a sand sweeper. Makes me think if he'll get a significant buff to his speed, although I don't see it happening.

I'm guessing they'd go with physical attacker for Glalie, based on his design. And he really doesn't learn any decent special normal moves.

As for Steelix, a possibility could be that his Ground-typing would be swapped with Rock and they'll give him a Special Defense boost (which wouldn't be too surprising with the new design), that way his Special Defense could be pretty fucking good in a Sandstorm too, making him a perfect bulky sweeper.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Well I've read that Mega Steelix retains his typing, so that's not going to happen. And even though the increased Special Defence would be welcomed, I don't like the idea of that 4x fighting weakness.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Schmitty wrote:Well I've read that Mega Steelix retains his typing, so that's not going to happen. And even though the increased Special Defence would be welcomed, I don't like the idea of that 4x fighting weakness.

I don't know man, if you have a Levitate/Flying- and a Ghost-type Pokémon in your team to take the Earth- and Fighting-type attacks, you'd be off pretty solid, in my opinion. If you have a Rotom, Gengar or Mismagius in your team, you'd be covering both of those at the same time too.

In my opinion, it's a trade-off that I'd be more than willing to take and I actually think this set-up could make it to Ubers even.

Edit: @Caleb: It looks like they have both been upgraded with a neck-beard.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Cressel » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:42 pm

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/there-is-n ... D3e0FdRwtE

Welp no importing megastones to X/Y I suppose. Gonna have to divide my teams on different games. It's a pain cause I'm used to not making teams but just picking up random pokes.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Mitch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Schmitty wrote:and mega Glalie gets Refrigerate and retains its pure ice typing.

Sucks Glalie doesn't learn quick attack or he would be a stronger dragon killer than the fairies.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Daniël » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Cressel wrote:http://www.gamnesia.com/news/there-is-no-plan-to-patch-pokemon-x-and-y-with-the-new-mega-evolutions-from#.VD3e0FdRwtE

Welp no importing megastones to X/Y I suppose. Gonna have to divide my teams on different games. It's a pain cause I'm used to not making teams but just picking up random pokes.

I actually don't really mind that, seems like OR/AS will have much more content, making it more likely (for me at least) to move items from X/Y to OR/AS than the other way around.
Mitch wrote:
Schmitty wrote:and mega Glalie gets Refrigerate and retains its pure ice typing.

Sucks Glalie doesn't learn quick attack or he would be a stronger dragon killer than the fairies.

I've been checking out his move-pool and I too am disappointed they didn't do that. I wonder if there's ever gonna be a Pokémon that learns Extremespeed with an ability like on of these.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Nah that would be WAY too strong, 120 base damage on a priority move.

hahahahaha...
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cressel » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Mitch wrote:Nah that would be WAY too strong, 120 base damage on a priority move.

hahahahaha...

CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Schmitty » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:03 pm

So apparently some stats for the new Megas were pulled from the ORAS demos. And Mega Beedrill really caught my attention because
Mega Beedrill:65/90/40/45/80/75 = 65/150/40/15/80/145

...... Damn
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:35 am

if he has 145 speed and 150 attack then I take back everything.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Schmitty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:41 am

Here's a full list of the stats for confirmed Mega's in OR/AS

SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:47 am

Glalie and Metagross over 100 speed wowzers.
Alteria was already my number 1 hyped mega and this just solidifies that, just a jack of all trades tanky god.
Also makes Gallade's mega look a little more scary despite the shitty ability.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Schmitty » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:21 am

Bit disappointed in mega Swampert's speed stat though. Without rain, it won't be very helpful. Also a thought just occurred to me.

Mega Glalie Refrigerate STAB boosted explosion.

Mother of God
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:45 am

It's for sure, I'm having a Mega Beedrill in my team.

I must say I'm really disappointed in the new stats for Mega Glalie, I was actually looking forward to using that one, but 120ATK isn't really that impressive. As for Mega Swampert, it sucks about his Speed stat, but I'm gonna be using him anyway, for sure. Kinda makes you wish there were some Drizzle Pokémon.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:28 pm

It's incredibly annoying when a person challenges you to a a battle with an all legendary team. It's hilarious, however when you proceed to 6-0 them with a team of pokemon randomly thrown together from your battle ready mons.

Just beat a dude who had Zekrom, Keldeo, Genesect, Victini, Meloetta(?) and Giratina. Meanwhile I had Politoed, Garchomp, Mega Ampharos, Noivern, Avalugg and Feraligatr. Completely swept him with Garchomp and it was hilarious.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers