Pokémon

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Pokémon

Postby Daniël » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:55 am

The only this that kind of sucks about Mega Beedrill is that his base-stars are so shitty that even his mega-form can't have that much strength. I mean, if he gets the Mega buff his stat total will be 495, which brings him to a somewhat decent stat-total, just in your Mega spot.

Admittedly though, a Mega's stats are generally better divided than a regular Pokémon and I'll definitely get my hands on some Beedrillite the first chance I get. I still want to try that bad-ass motherfucker out.

I'm probably looking forward to the flying more though, I hope it's as dope as I imagine.

Edit: @Mitch: He only needs a speedboost of 30 to hit 105, which I think is a very reasonable amount. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got boosted as much.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:06 am

Even still his movepool sucks, Stab adaptability Xscissor Poison jab are the only good things about him.
A Talonflame bravebird will pretty much shit on him instantly which automatically makes him bad in the current OU meta cause Talon is cancer.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Daniël » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:13 am

First off, Brave Bird Talonflame shits on many, many things, that does not make him useless. Secondly, it doesn't have to be in the OU tier necessarily.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Daniël wrote:First off, Brave Bird Talonflame shits on many, many things

Ya and a lot of good pokemon are completely useless because of his prominence in the meta.
I've swept Uber teams with mega Heracross but I can still say without any doubt that he is bad unless you can predict a switch and rock blast Talon.

Also if it aint OU it ain't good /s
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cressel » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 am

Stealth rock is necessary if you hold anything weak to Talonflame.

that or ttar.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Mitch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:29 am

I'de like it if they added a rock type priority move with a shitty base 40 or some shit, Talonflame outspeeds most shit regardless but it would create counter play opportunities for a few pokes.

Like I honestly just can't even tell you guys how much I just fucking hate Gale wings, it's the most toxic shit ever. It's pretty much the only ability in the game that just straight up says "Yeah no, you aren't using these guys or they die." If something like Mega Pinsir or Mega Heracross or anything else that gets OHKO'ed by brave bird is able to get set up with stat boosts and the like, it should be rewarded, not just immediately shut down by some bullshit ability right on a switch in.

And I mean, yeah a lot of the shit i'm saying is applicable to all priority moves, but this shit has a base 120 with stab. And the recoil can hardly even be considered a weakness because of course Roost also gets priority because Talonflame is literally Hitler.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:47 am

Mitch wrote:Talonflame is literally Hitler.

Yes, I have better things to do, no I won't.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:15 am

Lol should just take a bunch of dictators/tyrants and edit their features onto Talonflame.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:19 am

Honestly a lot harder than you'd think. I tried doing to Hitler haircut too, but I have absolutely no skill in drawing hair in GIMP. And considering most recognizable features are hair-related, that eliminates pretty much all.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mitch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:28 am

Talon bin Laden when.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:16 pm

A video regarding the previous updates:
phpBB [video]

Also, Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix are confirmed.
ImageImage

I think GameFreak has stopped caring about spoilers at this point.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Mega Steelix what is up with your chin? Also, it's worth noting that mega Steelix gets Sand Force, and mega Glalie gets Refrigerate and retains its pure ice typing.

And now that Glalie has a mega, Mega Froslass please game freak?
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Caleb » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Mega Steelix has a steel neckbeard? Nice.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Schmitty wrote:Mega Steelix what is up with your chin? Also, it's worth noting that mega Steelix gets Sand Force, and mega Glalie gets Refrigerate and retains its pure ice typing.

Good to know, I couldn't find any information on that as of yet (not that I put a tremendous amount of effort into looking) and I didn't even know that Refrigirate was an ability until now.

If I'd use Mega Glalie on Showdown I'll definitely have it running Frustration, rather than Return, solely because of its looks.

Speaking of which, 133 base power STAB is nothing to sneeze at.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:45 pm

I guess that also depends on whether his Phyiscal or Special attack stat is boosted. Although I've never used Glalie before, so I have no idea what his move pool is like. I wonder what they're going to do with Mega Steelix though. With an ability like Sand Force, it seems like they're trying to make him more of a sand sweeper. Makes me think if he'll get a significant buff to his speed, although I don't see it happening.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers