Pokémon

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Pokémon

Postby Schmitty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:11 am

I don't think I've mentioned this on here, but over the past couple of months I've been slowly working on a Living Dex. For those of you who don't know what that is, here is a link to a site with a brief description. Not only does this site explain what a Living Dex is, it also helps you keep track of and organize your progress. I decided to do this some time ago, but only really got my shit in gear and started working on it when Sun and Moon were announced. If you are at all interested in my progress, you can see it here.

With the monthly release of the event legendaries happening this year, it's only a matter of time before I fill the Pokedex completely. Currently I have acquired 716 out of 721 Pokemon. All I need now is Victini, Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo and Volcanion. Not something a lot of you probably care about, but this is a huge accomplishment for me, and the closest I've ever come to completing the Dex since Pokemon Silver (Had all Pokemon registered except Celebii, because I didn't know anyone with a game shark)
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:14 am

That's dope man, I wish you the best of luck completing your living dex, because that's some hard shit to complete. I started working on mine some time ago, but I never really got the animo to finish it. So far I only have Hoenn completed.

ANYWAY, they released a big-ass teaser just now. I really wonder how many Pokémon are gonna be left by the time the game is out.
phpBB [video]

So much to talk about, but I'm especially hyped for Ice/Fairy Ninetales, the hopefully free roaming on your Pokémon (please let me be able to ride an Arcanine), the Totem fights and the Z-power looks interesting, although I'm not sure if I actually like it. The primal reversion already takes a fuckton of time in a match and these Z-moves take even longer.

Anyway, big hype. Big big hype.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Schmitty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:54 pm

How the fuck is Exeggutor getting dragon as a secondary typing yet mega Gyarados gets fucking dark? Speaking of mega Pokemon, I wonder if GF is going to release anymore. I know I'd love for a certain region whose starters were skipped when the starters were receiving mega evolutions. Also, protagonist part of the Ginyu Force confirmed.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Sharpshooter » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:56 am

Looks like pokemon is finally sorta breaking out of the usual blueprint they normally follow with gyms and the elite four being taken out of this game, along with some other changes. I hope you would be able to travel to other regions post-game and vs the gym leaders outside of the main story though, which would be pretty cool.

phpBB [video]
SharpshooterOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Daniël » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:50 am

I'd love to see a Pokémon game one day that just takes you through the entire Pokémon universe. Like, at some point they'll probably stop making new generations. If they'd release a game then that allows you to play through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and whatever comes after that... I'd be up for paying over a 100$ for a game like that. Once you've beaten the last gym your in-game team has to be near or at level 100. Would be so epic.

Sadly though, I don't think that wish will ever come true, so I'll just stay hyped for Sun/Moon for now.

Also, since we're doing Pokémon animations, I want to post this classic, even though I'm pretty sure everyone has already seen it.
phpBB [video]
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Daniël » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:05 am

phpBB [video]

My prediction is that Faba will turn out to be a bad guy and Gladion will be his son and maybe Lusamine will be his sister.

I disappointed in there being a in-game Instagram, that's just depressing, but I guess they want to appeal to a younger generation (and maybe more females) and this might be a way to do that.

Also, UB-01 looks pretty damn dope.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Daniël » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 am

Seems like I'm the only one even caring anymore, but I'm gonna keep the hype train going.

Arceus-esque Pokémon looks alright. Alolan Muk looks hella tight, I don´t like the gems, but I dig the rainbow paintjob.
phpBB [video]
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Moldis » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Those new pokes look pretty cool to me, too bad I can't afford a 3ds xD
MoldisOffline
Active
Active

Postby Cressel » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 pm

I just wonder why alola forms are limited to kanto pokemon
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Schmitty » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:09 am

Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw Alolan Muk.

Also, Silvally looks bad arse as fuck, but he isn't even the MVP of this trailer. CHECK OUT MY BOY KOMMO-O! That dude is going to be an absolute monster.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 am

Did you just use Pokémon as an excuse to eat icecream Shcmurtah?

@Cressel: Because those are the only ones the fans reeeaally care about.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Gary » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:54 am

i downloaded a pokemon game on an emulator on my phone. my starter is mudkip and i dont know what im doing
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Daniël » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:06 am

Pokémon Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby are great games, but you should download Fire Red. That's the best Pokémon game out there.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Alexis » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:33 am

i wish there were cool compatible 3DS emulators on my phone, but it just happens to be laggy always
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby Schmitty » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:12 am

So apparently the whole Pokedex got leaked. Here is the image, don't click if you want to keep some things secret.

Spoiler:
Seriously GF what the fuck did you do to Litten? Torracat had me leaning more toward picking Litten as my starter, but this has completely killed it. Team Rowlet all the way. Also, Wimpod's evolution (3rd row, far right) looks tough as fuck. That is, assuming this is all legit.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers