Stick-Maker of the Year l 2017 ♚ *See Ya Next Year*

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Stick-Maker of the Year l 2017 ♚ *Now Let's Get Rollin'*

Postby DON » Sat May 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Quick Question(s)
1.What happens (i know it will probably never happen even once in a multiverse)
IF both contestant(idk if thats how you call them) sent the same entry.. well not entirely.. for example they just had the same stick idea, like they both made PacMan as a stick (this is just saying if these both guys love pac-man so much)
Are their entry still considered?

2. Another one, is Tracing acceptable? not tracing other people's stick(s), e.g. an image or something..

3.i get the rule number 3 that if we're making a full body stick, i must not borrow Waffle Mgee's Hand (that is just an example) but if i made it myself, (but look oddly similar to his.. is it still considered? as his work? or no?) i recorded, the making of the hand stick.. just for visual presentation/proof lol

4. Only allowed 1 stick figure.. If the character has a different face or looks when looking at the other side? and i made another whole figure for it.. is it still considered as one figure? or not..
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby DON » Sat May 27, 2017 1:44 pm

So i'm in the midst of crisis rn.. i'm thinking which one should i send as an entry.. mind you i used to work 10 detailed full body characters a day.. so i used on working in fast phase.. because of those packs that are on a rush monthly update.. (but i stopped the cancerous practice) lol... so rn i made 4 well technically 3.. characters.. i made 1 character a day....

Legend: #. Stick Figure/name/character/ [Status] (Date Made) View-Stick Viewed Joint-Views Joints.. **Short Desc

1. Edward Elric: [in Progress] (May 20th)
Spoiler:
View-
Joint- Still in Progress so what's the point.. lol
** Was thinking of complicated stuff for his automail..

2.Jotaro Kujo: [in Progress] (May 24th)
Spoiler:
View-
Joint-
** It wouldn't be Perfect without his Stand(Star Platinum) because only allowed one Stick Figure..

3. Yoko Littner [Complete] (May 26th)
Spoiler:
View-
Joint-Image
** I'm not sure about this one.... It has soo many Joints.. for an average user.. The Belt is Detailed.. to how it actually looked like..

4. Raiden/Jack the Riper [Complete] (May 27th)
Spoiler:
View-
Joint-Image
** Too Detailed.. Just finished it recently.. and i'm so proud of it.. i wanna show it off.. lol.. (one frame of the whole thing.. is already 99KB RIP piv file..)
Last edited by DON on Sat May 27, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Llama » Sat May 27, 2017 2:22 pm

DON wrote:That fucking Raiden holy shit

Why do I even bother
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby DON » Sat May 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Llama wrote:
DON wrote:That fucking Raiden holy shit

Why do I even bother

.___. Did i went too hard.. hmm i bet others gonna make better entry.. >_>
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby The Black Mamba » Sat May 27, 2017 8:43 pm

You definitely did lol, it's only round one. I love it though, it makes competing that much more fun. I'd say go with the last one, It's beautifully detailed and you're probably gonna need to go all out now that you showed those and we have big names in stick making seeing them and now they're all about to go crazy seeing the elevated level you're competing at. You caught me off guard too, shit just got real.

and in accordance with your questions:
1. Yes, they'd both still be considered. Whoever made the better version of the stick would advance.

2. I'm personally not a fan of it and don't think it'd be much of a challenge to trace a stick and submit it. You'd easily be able to win that way, diminishing the fun in competing. Under any other circumstances I'd disqualify anyone who traces but truth be told I have no idea (and I'm sure the judges don't either) if what you or any other participant submits is traced or not, so I didn't really consider putting as a rule initially. I might make it effective next year. Good question.

3. If you traced his work (e.g. ChaosCrystal), yes and you'd be disqualified if I had a way of determining (Again, going back to #2). However, if you see a stick or part of a stick he's made and you truly believe you can make a better version of it then there's no penalty against trying to one up someone's work.

4. If you're asking if this is allowed then yeah:
Spoiler:

You brought up some good questions man and even made me think of imparting a new rule next year, thanks for asking.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby DON » Sat May 27, 2017 9:02 pm

I guess i should've waited for the right moment to post them.. LEL.. i was looking at the past events.. it kinda look fun showing people's work and be mesmerize about it. (specially the one where Waffle's got proven wrong by the wings.. lol)
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Strider » Sat May 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Fancy schmancy fullbodies and complicated colors and stuff huh? Yeah that's all well and good, but check this out - a single stickfigure that doesn't need any assembly and has every feature it needs packaged into it. Remember the skewing technique for making moveable parts on figures? Yeah, my figure uses that to expand spikes from the balls.
This figure may be crude and it may be simple, but I bet you'll have more fun animating with it than moving a million separate figures every frame.

Simplicity rules! Function over form!

And here it is in action in case you don't believe me:
Spoiler:
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Llama » Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Strider wrote:Fancy schmancy fullbodies and complicated colors and stuff huh? Yeah that's all well and good, but check this out - a single stickfigure that doesn't need any assembly and has every feature it needs packaged into it. Remember the skewing technique for making moveable parts on figures? Yeah, my figure uses that to expand spikes from the balls.
This figure may be crude and it may be simple, but I bet you'll have more fun animating with it than moving a million separate figures every frame.

Simplicity rules! Function over form!

And here it is in action in case you don't believe me:
Spoiler:

Llama wrote:Why do I even bother
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby DON » Sat May 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Strider wrote:Simplicity rules! Function over form!

I agree to that.
Strider wrote:than moving a million separate figures every frame.

but i don't get what you mean by this. if all those figures is connected to one joint. isn't it just moving all of them together.. so it's not completely separate figures, but a group of figures, moving as one.

Llama wrote:Why do I even bother

Like i said I bet people are gonna send better entry :D
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby matterkins » Mon May 29, 2017 3:15 pm

fuck me lol

edit: can you send two stks of the same thing but one is a frontal view and one is a side view or is it only one?
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Llama » Mon May 29, 2017 8:28 pm

You can take me out of this competition, I've put off on it and now I basically have no time to do anything. I'm gonna be going on a trip to South Korea for all of June and so I have to focus on packing and prepping, plus the people I'm staying with have a bit of a spotty internet situation so I don't even know if I'd be able to submit anything. Good luck to all the other competitors, can't wait to see what comes out of this when I come back in July.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Re: Stick-Maker of the Year l 2017 ♚ *Small Rule Change*

Postby The Black Mamba » Wed May 31, 2017 4:21 am

Damn, hate to see people go. Have fun in South Korea man.

@Strider- Love that you went for the functionality over the look, shows there's more depth to the competition then fullbodies. Love the spikes!

Revised one of the rules. You can make any animation with the stick even if it doesn't explain it's functionality, so long as you keep it in the thread. Don't submit it to the judges if it doesn't explain functionality, that still stands. As far as the thread goes, I want to liven it up more. So don't hesitate to make something for the fuck of it and share with us.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby DON » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 am

para nimo wrote:fuck me lol

para nimo wrote:edit: can you send two stks of the same thing but one is a frontal view and one is a side view or is it only one?

Don't Quot Me wrote:I just did

Can you Clarify to whom are you asking this?? :>
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby The Black Mamba » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:41 pm

para nimo wrote:fuck me lol

edit: can you send two stks of the same thing but one is a frontal view and one is a side view or is it only one?

Must of missed this, yeah you can.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Re: Stick-Maker of the Year l 2017 ♚ *Small Rule Change*

Postby Fed.E » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 pm

The isle´s Austroraptor
Spoiler:
Fixed by Ray
Fed.EOffline

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements